GalacticaBBS: Favorite Scene from BSG - GalacticaBBS

• 12 Pages +
  • « First

Favorite Scene from BSG What's yours

#221 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 05 April 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I still think they probably communicate wirelessly (i.e. direct thought transference) with each other. And the humanoid Cylons probably didn't WANT their new breed of Cylons to have the ability to talk back to them or question orders (a failsafe no doubt programmed into them from the horror stories of the Final Five "Earth 1.0" Cylons).

Stronger and silent is mysterious. Some of the scariest villains/henchmen have been silent. To use some Bond analogies, Odd Job in "Goldfinger" never talked. And when "Jaws" started talking (in "Moonraker") he came off as silly... :cylonnono:

And (of course) you know that if NuCylons talked, there'd always be something people would find wrong with their voices as well (too much like TOS, or not threatening enough, etc, etc).

Would have been neat to do a test, just to see what kind of reaction it would spark.
:cylon-pancarte03:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#222 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 06 April 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Would have been neat to do a test, just to see what kind of reaction it would spark.
:cylon-pancarte03:

As a test or a one off, I can visualise a scene with them trying out a Centurian voice. I can't rememberwhat episde it is, but there's a scene with Baltar chatting away to a Centurian in a pretty one sided conversation. The Centurian reacts with head movements/expressions. But they could have given the audience a surprising line to end the scene.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#223 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 07 April 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

As a test or a one off, I can visualise a scene with them trying out a Centurian voice. I can't rememberwhat episde it is, but there's a scene with Baltar chatting away to a Centurian in a pretty one sided conversation. The Centurian reacts with head movements/expressions. But they could have given the audience a surprising line to end the scene.

It would've been even more of a shocker if the centurion voice was very pleasing and resonant; ala "Hal 9000" or something...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.