GalacticaBBS: Total Recall trailer - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Total Recall trailer

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

This looks good. I will catch this one.
Posted Image

#3 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Looks better than I thought; love the "Blade Runner"-style 'spinner' cars as well (BR was another movie inspired by a Philip K Dick story, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"). My only concern is that it seems to (in spots) adhere too closely to the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie; I really hope it's more paranoid, Philip K Dick mind f**king than Ah-nuld style shoot 'em ups. I don't want a mindless action movie remake of another mindless action movie. The 1990 TR was OK, but it's ambition fell far short of the source material and it settled on being a stock action movie. Hope this version is more smart than that (the fact that they're NOT going to Mars is promising as the original story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" took place on Earth).

But TR 2012 is DEFINITELY on my to-do list this summer... :cylon-pancarte03:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I will add this to my bucket list! woot!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Shows some promise, but does look to be a bit on the simplistic side.

#6 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 03 April 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Shows some promise, but does look to be a bit on the simplistic side.

My worry as well; I hope it's more about the Philip K Dick mind-frakking novella and less about the 1990 Ah-nuld action movie/shoot 'em up. The trailer looks like an even split; I'm not sure what to make of it... but I'll still see it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Looks like a movie lit with a 40watt bulb though.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

come on. really?? I get that remakes dont do well but do we have to slam this already?
Posted Image

#9 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 03 April 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

come on. really?? I get that remakes dont do well but do we have to slam this already?

Yes, we do... :P :naughty3dg:

I'm kidding; and you're right. There's a lot of GOOD with this version already, and I still plan to see it. I think Colin Ferrell will do a much more convincing job than Ah-nuld the Governator ever could. And maybe it's just me getting all old and pervy (I blame Nan's influence), but I think Kate Beckinsdale and Jessica Biel are much better eye candy than Sharon Stone and Rachel Ticotin's "Melina" (who I never really found particularly attractive at all, really... just my opinion). I thought Rachel Ticotin always looked kind of 'man-ish.' Is it just me?!? :unsure:

Posted Image << Man-ish, no?

And John Cho as the Recall guy? Perfect... :cylonclap:

OK, that's all the good I have to say about it until I see it and... no wait! The FX will probably be better too. There. You see? I can play nice, too.... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

I just came to post this. Thankfully I did a search first!

Really looking forward to this one. Much better lead this time round, we're in an era where the visuals can match the concept of the story - and hopefully the concept will be realised a hell of a lot better than it was before.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#11 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 06 July 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I just came to post this. Thankfully I did a search first!

Really looking forward to this one. Much better lead this time round, we're in an era where the visuals can match the concept of the story - and hopefully the concept will be realised a hell of a lot better than it was before.

I agree.
I liked TR (1990) for what it was, but as a fan of Philip K Dick (who wrote the original short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale") it was a bit disappointing to say the least. Although it captured the paranoia of the PDK story, it chose muscle over mind (not surprising with Ah-nuld as "Quaid"). This new version is also dropping the Mars subplot (it pretty much wasn't in the book either, although Mars did play a role but not the same way).

I'm kind of looking forward to this one, actually. The first TR left much room for improvement, IMO. Here's hoping they seize the chance and do it right. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I want to see the new Total Recall just to GAZE at Patrick Tatopoulos' work. Such talent.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#13 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Tatapolous DID screw up the 1998 (American-made) Godzilla, though. That thing looked terrible. He still has to regain my trust a bit.... :cylonnono: :P :lol:

I want to see Total Recall 2012 pretty much just for the eye-candy (and no, I don't mean Jessica Biel... although she doesn't hurt, either); from the reviews, I hear it's nothing special. But nevertheless, I want to give it a try. Too busy this weekend (with Planetfest) but maybe next week sometime I'll try to catch it. I like the Syd Mead inspired "Blade Runner" style spinners they're using. Anything of Syd Mead's design has my interest (Syd Mead was the brilliant scifi production designer of the '80s; most famous for "Blade Runner" and "2010").

I wish they would REALLY adapt the source book ("We Can Remember It For You Wholesale") someday though; the Douglas Quail (not Quaid) character in it struck me more as a nerdy, Richard Dreyfus/Woody Allen type. That was the whole surprise of it; that this nerdy, geek guy was actually James Bond. I could believe Colin Farrell or Arnold Schwarzenegger as invincible super agents; but I'd love to see maybe someone TOTALLY unexpected try it. Maybe someone a bit laughable or nerdy that the audience would think was a joke... until they watch him slowly turn into this ninja style agent. A transformation, from a Clark Kent to a Superman. Somehow, I keep seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt in this....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm looking forward to this one, I hope that they don't make it all about the graphics and keep the plot in line with the book.

#15 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 06 August 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to this one, I hope that they don't make it all about the graphics and keep the plot in line with the book.

From what I can see, it's closer to the 1990 movie (despite the lack of Mars) than the book. Oh well. Still going to check it out, though... :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

I saw the film last night. It was very good.
Not having Mars was fine, I think.
It made it more believable... as much as action adventure movies can be believable that is.

The Synth Cops were awesome.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#17 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just saw "Total Recall" today... this movie is dull, flat, uninspired and humorless (See my blog if you wish). There isn't ONE original idea in the whole movie; even the production design is a complete ripoff of "Blade Runner." Even keeping my expectations really low, this one managed to go even lower and still disappointed me. It's a hack job all the way; the characters are dull, the action is overlong and pointless (with armies of robots and fully-armored soldiers who still can't shoot straight, and die from a single bullet) and the 'science' is even more absurd than the original's five minute terraforming of Mars...

The original may be camp and goofy, but it's a hell of a lot more fun, too.... :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

I'm still going to see it, but its going to be after Dark Knight Rises and Spider-Man.

#19 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 10 August 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm still going to see it, but its going to be after Dark Knight Rises and Spider-Man.

Wise.

Catch a cheaper afternoon matinee though, if you can. ;)
I am glad I saw TR, only because if I hadn't? I'd still be scratching that itch... :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Im gonna see that tonight :)
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.