• 2 Pages +

The Walking Dead Season 3

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

It isn't early enough to start this thread :)

If they do follow what happens in the graphic novels I can't wait. I read (briefly) what happens when Rick and Michonne "meet" the Governor...
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 22 March 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

It isn't early enough to start this thread :)

If they do follow what happens in the graphic novels I can't wait. I read (briefly) what happens when Rick and Michonne "meet" the Governor...

It's great stuff! I still hope against all hope we see Merle down the line (if not as the Governor, at as least one of his henchmen or the guy with the helicopter).
When Rick's visits with the governor, he really HANDS it to him ... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Merle Dixon is confirmed to return in season 3

Michael Rooker Returns as Merle Dixon in The Walking Dead Season 3

Michael Rooker has confirmed that he will be back as Merle Dixon.

Merle, the brother of Norman Reedus' Daryl, was handcuffed to a pipe in Season 1 and left for dead. He was forced to cut off his own hand to escape a horde of zombies on a roof, and we never saw him again...Though, Merle did pop up again this season in Episode 2.05: Chupacabra, when Daryl started to hallucinate after being badly injured.

Michael Rooker has also revealed that he lost 20 pounds to return as Merle. It isn't known if this means we may see him as a decrepit zombie. There is also speculation that Merle may join forces with The Governor, who we reported last month will be played by David Morrissey. The Governor is the leader of a survivor settlement entitled Woodbury, so perhaps Merle found his way to Woodbury and was given life-saving treatment for his missing hand.

Production begins on The Walking Dead Season 3 this May in Atlanta. The extended 16-episode season will likely debut sometime in October, during AMC's annual FearFest programming.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 23 March 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Merle Dixon is confirmed to return in season 3

Michael Rooker Returns as Merle Dixon in The Walking Dead Season 3

Michael Rooker has confirmed that he will be back as Merle Dixon.

Merle, the brother of Norman Reedus' Daryl, was handcuffed to a pipe in Season 1 and left for dead. He was forced to cut off his own hand to escape a horde of zombies on a roof, and we never saw him again...Though, Merle did pop up again this season in Episode 2.05: Chupacabra, when Daryl started to hallucinate after being badly injured.

Michael Rooker has also revealed that he lost 20 pounds to return as Merle. It isn't known if this means we may see him as a decrepit zombie. There is also speculation that Merle may join forces with The Governor, who we reported last month will be played by David Morrissey. The Governor is the leader of a survivor settlement entitled Woodbury, so perhaps Merle found his way to Woodbury and was given life-saving treatment for his missing hand.

Production begins on The Walking Dead Season 3 this May in Atlanta. The extended 16-episode season will likely debut sometime in October, during AMC's annual FearFest programming.

OH HELL YEAAAAAHHH!!! :clap:

Posted Image

A great show just got a little better; wow! A genre show that actually LISTENS to it's fans.... :o

I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be back as a zombie; Michael Rooker (also of "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer") is waaaaay too good an actor to waste on a part that could be done with an extra dressed and made up to look like him (if he were just 'zombie-Merle'). No, my guess is he is part of the Governor's gang. It'd be even COOLER if the rumors were false and he really IS the Governor after all.... :naughty3dg:

Merle (as a human being) may be a despicable, racist b@stard, but as a character in a TV series? He is dramatic GOLD! It'd be like BSG getting Admiral Cain back. And it's so cool that we ONLY have to wait until October (Halloween; perfect timing, as usual). I guess this is what it feels like to love a popular, successful series for a change....
:wub:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm interested in how Daryl will interact with him once he finds him. Since I haven't read the novels I wasn't aware Daryl wasn't in them (Kirkman is talking about adding him into the graphic novels). The last time we saw Merle Rick and the rest of the group screwed him over as far as he was concerned and I'm sure there is going to be some shock involved when he sees his little brother grouped with them.

I think all bets are off as to which side Daryl would choose thanks to how season 2 ended. Who knows.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 23 March 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm interested in how Daryl will interact with him once he finds him. Since I haven't read the novels I wasn't aware Daryl wasn't in them (Kirkman is talking about adding him into the graphic novels). The last time we saw Merle Rick and the rest of the group screwed him over as far as he was concerned and I'm sure there is going to be some shock involved when he sees his little brother grouped with them.

I think all bets are off as to which side Daryl would choose thanks to how season 2 ended. Who knows.

No, Daryl and Merle are NOT in the graphic novels. Although Kirkman would be wise to incorporate them if he can....

But the governor charcter (the nemesis mentioned for season 3) could easily BE Merle (they're alike in many ways; except Merle is scarier). And yes, I think Merle would see Daryl as Rick's little b!tch now, and they'd probably go at it, I imagine (especially since Rick cost him his hand and almost his life!).

Having Merle back into the series is dramatic DYNAMITE. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think without Merle around, Daryl is finding himself, being needed and respected for his skills is probably a welcome eye opener from the usual put downs and abuse he is used to from Merle, as we saw in his halucinations when hurt. He may ultimately reject Merle.

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 23 March 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I think without Merle around, Daryl is finding himself, being needed and respected for his skills is probably a welcome eye opener from the usual put downs and abuse he is used to from Merle, as we saw in his halucinations when hurt. He may ultimately reject Merle.

My take exactly.
He'll be glad to see his brother at first (just because he's alive), and there'll probably be some big-time loyalty tests and obstacles here and there, but ultimately he'll realize he's grown away from what he and his brother once were....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

something tells me Daryl will end up killing Merle

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 25 March 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

something tells me Daryl will end up killing Merle

It makes sense; his ultimate loyalty test. I'd guess that as well. But I've discovered that my best guesses for the show are only accurate about 40% of the time. There is LOTS of wiggle room for plot twists and turns. That's one of the things I love so damn much about it.

Suddenly October seems a lot further away now..... :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

yup
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Even though I've got "Mad Men" back on the air after an INSANE 17 month hiatus (!?!?) to tide me over (the season 5 premiere was AWESOME, by the way), I still count the ticks until October... ;)

"Mad Men" is my WD pacifier; it's not WD level excitement, but it's super un-PC; and it's hilarious as hell. Again, you can make a wonderful drinking game counting all the things that are no longer legal or socially acceptable to do anymore (in just 50 years).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

AMC has one hell of a track record at this point. I have never watched Mad Men but I have no doubt it works and is a good show. 2 of the 3 shows I will actually sit down and watch are on AMC (Walking Dead & The Killing). Breaking Bad was good when I was watching it. I stopped after season 2 due to real life stuff but it was pretty good too.

No matter if it is an established graphic novel or a redo of an international show AMC does it their way and does it right.

The Killing Season 2 and Game of Thrones Season 2 kicks off tonight. Good company for me to keep until WD3 starts!

As for Spartacus...I didn't really connect with the actor that replaced Andy Whitfield and I haven't watched more than 20 minutes of the first episode. Too bad. I really enjoyed Season 1. (<-------not AMC related. Was just looking at my list for 2012 :))
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 01 April 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

AMC has one hell of a track record at this point. I have never watched Mad Men but I have no doubt it works and is a good show. 2 of the 3 shows I will actually sit down and watch are on AMC (Walking Dead & The Killing). Breaking Bad was good when I was watching it. I stopped after season 2 due to real life stuff but it was pretty good too.

I freaking LOVE Mad Men... it's a brilliant show. The show is cynical, dark-humored and retro-hilarious at times (one could do a great drinking game based on everything in the show that is now illegal or inappropriate to do these days). Not to mention MM boasts one of the greatest ensembles EVER (not a weak actor in the bunch). Good stuff!

I'm also a big fan of AMC's "Comic Book Men" (Kevin Smith's quasi-reality show/podcast about his comic book store).

I'm sure "Breaking Bad" and "The Killing" are equally excellent, but my TV plate is a bit too full these days. Someday, I plan to jump into "The Killing" in earnest, though...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

We like AMC :)

I wonder if I can live in this thread until October?
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 02 April 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

We like AMC :)

I wonder if I can live in this thread until October?

No, you have to come out and play in the other threads as well..... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm gonna try :P
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 02 April 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

I'm gonna try :P

This site needs more of your special brand of sarcasm sauce.... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 02 April 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

This site needs more of your special brand of sarcasm sauce.... :lol:

Pretty sure it isn't welcome. I'll do what I can from here :P
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 01 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

but my TV plate is a bit too full these days. Someday, I plan to jump into "The Killing" in earnest, though...

Lame. I demand you make time!

PILOT ALERT! One of the better pilots around....

When they find the body..Cries!!!!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.