GalacticaBBS: Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann, says he's up for DW 50 yr reunion - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann, says he's up for DW 50 yr reunion

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Full article from Blastr.com HERE.

Posted Image

I, for one, thought Paul McGann (who's one outing as the Doctor in the 1996 TV movie) deserved a longer shot in the role. He was the PERFECT bridge between the Doctors of TOS DW and the 2005 incarnation (he even had Sylvester McCoy hand him the baton). I think a 50th anniversary special could (and very well should) feature Paul McGann. Someday I'd love to even see a one-off TV movie showing Doctor # 8 in the thick of the Time War, regenerating into Doctor #9, Christopher Eccleston (think "Razor" for DW). I've watched the 1996 movie fairly recently, and I really think it is much better than the naysayers of it would have us believe. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's nowhere near Star Wars Holiday Special or Galactica:1980 bad, either.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.