GalacticaBBS: Michael Bay tells outraged Ninja Turtle fans to take a chill pill - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Michael Bay tells outraged Ninja Turtle fans to take a chill pill

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

TMNT - Courtesy of Blastr

You may have hated Michael Bay's take on Transformers, but he has a message for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans worried he will destroy that franchise next: Calm down, I'm not doing naughty, disgusting things to your beloved childhood memories.

With all the negative buzz surrounding his upcoming live-action Ninja Turtles reboot, Bay has chimed in via his official website and said he has a lot of respect for the comic canon but is just hoping to create a "richer world." Bay previously noted his turtles would be aliens, tweaking the original origin story that had the ninja team born from radioactive ooze.

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script," he said. "Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

Hmm, which original creator could he be referring to?

As Ninja Pizza points out, the concept was originally created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Laird has steered clear of most modern Turtle projects, but Eastman noted last year that he has seen Bay's script—so here's hoping he gets to take a pass at the broad strokes of Bay's reimagining before it moves forward.

What do you think? Do Bay's reassurances warm your heart?

I snickered at the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans worried he will destroy that franchise next" line.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

It's seems that the name 'Michael Bay' seems to be synonymous with 'f**ker of fond childhood nostalgia.' Luckily for me I was never a TMNT fan anyway. By the way, if the turtles are now just aliens instead of mutants, can they still be teenaged MUTANT ninja turtles?!? I mean, it's in the frakking TITLE for gods' sake...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Now now. He SAID you haven't read the script yet....... :naughty3dg:
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 21 March 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Now now. He SAID you haven't read the script yet....... :naughty3dg:

So now it's Teenaged Martian Ninja Turtles, then? :lol:

I thought Ninjas were indigenous to earth as well. OK, stick a fork in me, I'm done... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

I think I've found the first teaser poster for Michael Bay's Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles... :lol:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.