GalacticaBBS: Battleship trailer - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Battleship trailer

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

This looks nothing like Transformers in any way shape or form...honest :)

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

I saw the trailer Friday when I saw John Carter; all I could think was "Transformers Joins The Navy." Gave me a real sinking feeling when the credits said 'from Hasbro toys (!); the company that brought you Transformers'.... Great! Another $250 million toy commercial!
:doh:

I used to play the game Battleship as a kid, and I don't remember squat about aliens or shape-changing robots being part of the game.
I could imagine coming soon: Michael Bay's "Candyland", or from the makers of the Saw franchise; "Operation: The Movie"...

Hollywood is so bereft of imagination that producers are literally raiding their kids' toy chests for inspiration. :thumbsdown:

Here's hoping against all hope that it makes a pittance on opening weekend and Hollywood stops churning out such mindless, retarded s**t.... :adama-pancarte001:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

No.

Just no.

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 19 March 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

No.

Just no.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Poisonous are you trying to be funny?! LOL. My son keeps insisting that Michael Bay directed this movie! LOL. I keep telling him it is not a Michael Bay movie! Then he says, "Why does it look like transformers then?!"

Personally, I think this will do well at the box office. It should do well in its first two weeks. Provided that it doesn't get panned by the movie critics and Toaster! Looking at Toaster! :thumbsdown: LOL.

I think it is going to be full of action! Lots of suspense and grossy aliens! Ultimately that Battleship is going to win! American fire power is not going to be be dwarfed by any alien space ship no matter how big it is! God Bless America! I am going to see this movie just to see the Battleship New Jersey out of mothballs!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

To quote our own inimitable EE above:

No.

Just no.

Right on, EE; Just say "No" to mindless, exploding crap.... :cylonnono:
:lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 March 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I used to play the game Battleship as a kid, and I don't remember squat about aliens or shape-changing robots being part of the game.

You didn't play the Michael Bay on Crack version of the game that's why.

This just looks like super FX with the Aliens come to kick our asses but somehow we win movie. Too bad there wasn't Will Smith saying Hell Yeah in there. Turn off your brains type of eye candy and leave saying MEH.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

think i will only watch it for the FX anyway, standard turn the brain off material but good FX

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostZipper, on 22 March 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

You didn't play the Michael Bay on Crack version of the game that's why.

This just looks like super FX with the Aliens come to kick our asses but somehow we win movie. Too bad there wasn't Will Smith saying Hell Yeah in there. Turn off your brains type of eye candy and leave saying MEH.

I wonder if Liam Neeson puts on a flight suit by the end of the movie, flies a fighter into the heart of the alien ship, tells his daughter he loves her and croaks. Then it might qualify as a sequel to both "ID4" and "Armageddon".....
:lol:

And about the game? Alas, no. Toy stores only sold the non MB-on-crack edition when I was a kid.... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.