GalacticaBBS: Two NEW photos from new Star Trek movie set - GalacticaBBS

• 3 Pages +

Two NEW photos from new Star Trek movie set Benedict Cumberbatch in action as the villain!

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Read the full story and check out the new pics via Trekmovie.com!

Enjoy~!

Posted Image << Spock puts the pinch on Sherlock....

UPDATE: Edit...

OK, and now some more photos from the set (apparently an I-Max camera was spotted now) and even more of Zoe Saldana's Uhura RIGHT HERE!! :naughty3dg:

Posted Image < "Energizing!!" :drool:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 24 February 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Read the full story and check out the new pics via Trekmovie.com!

Enjoy~!

Posted Image << Spock puts the pinch on Sherlock....

UPDATE: Edit...

OK, and now some more photos from the set (apparently an I-Max camera was spotted now) and even more of Zoe Saldana's Uhura RIGHT HERE!! :naughty3dg:

Posted Image < "Energizing!!" :drool:

Looks very cool! I love it! Very energizing indeed!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 24 February 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Looks very cool! I love it! Very energizing indeed!

Did you follow the links? Even more pics... :thumbup:
And what looks like LOTS of greenscreen, too.

And judging from Cumberbatch's makeup and costume? He appears to be wearing a black 'cadet shirt' similar to the one Kirk wore in ST09. You'll see the faded arrowhead insignia more clearly on Cumberbatch's stunt double (follow the links). My guess is that he is MOST DEFINITELY (and gratefully) NOT playing Khan Noonian Singh.... :clap:

Although it IS possible he is playing a post-Eugenics Wars augment (just NOT Khan), though; the fact that he appears to be able to resist the Vulcan neck pinch? Hmmm....

I, for one, am very grateful! I was really dreading that with all that talk of Khan we were going to get a $200 million remake of "Wrath of Khan." :doh:
That would've been a fatal mistake. The last thing this new franchise should be doing is remakes (either of classic episodes or the previous movies).
So glad they're not doing that....
:)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

LMAO is all i have to say.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 25 February 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

LMAO is all i have to say.

That's my view on a LOT of things these days... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I love them!!! Its looking good so far and apparentkly we gonna have dusters as apa rt of the Uniform now lol :nav:

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postviper73, on 25 February 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I love them!!! Its looking good so far and apparentkly we gonna have dusters as apa rt of the Uniform now lol :nav:

Posted Image

My guess? If the 'unnamed villain' (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) is indeed wearing a Starfleet cadet uniform, maybe he's wearing the "JJ Abrams-verse" version of the old Starfleet field jackets; like the ones they had in "ST-TOS: The Cage", "ST-TMP" "Wrath of Khan" and the TV series, "ENT".

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 25 February 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Did you follow the links? Even more pics... :thumbup:

:)

Yes, I saw them! They were fantastic! :cylon-pancarte03:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

And now there's VIDEO from the shoot as well, via a Trekmovie link here.

Sadly, the video is not much; just Spock getting his Vulcan butt served to him on a plate by what appears to be a human (or an augment, as I suspect).
Supposedly, JJ Abrams is 'very upset' with these photo and now video leaks (yeah, RIGHT! It's the best publicity you could WANT... come on, he isn't fooling anyone).
Enjoy!
;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 28 February 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

And now there's VIDEO from the shoot as well, via a Trekmovie link here.

Sadly, the video is not much; just Spock getting his Vulcan butt served to him on a plate by what appears to be a human (or an augment, as I suspect).
Supposedly, JJ Abrams is 'very upset' with these photo and now video leaks (yeah, RIGHT! It's the best publicity you could WANT... come on, he isn't fooling anyone).
Enjoy!
;)

You are the man with the eye on Star Trek! Great video by the way! Thank you for sharing that with us! Woot!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#11 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

The surprise isn't the same with this movie. We alreedy know what the crew look like and what the Enterprise looks like so all we want to see is the bad guy. Even with the leaked photo's we still don't know who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing or what the plot is.

There were leaked photo's in teh first movie as well. There was Zachary Quinto at the academy around the same time. Probably all part of the plan.

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 29 February 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

The surprise isn't the same with this movie. We alreedy know what the crew look like and what the Enterprise looks like so all we want to see is the bad guy. Even with the leaked photo's we still don't know who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing or what the plot is.

I'm guessing he's an augment of some kind (although definitely NOT Khan; he does NOT look like a Sikh from northern India... sorry, but that's more insulting to Indians than Montalban). It looks like he can resist the neck pinch (as could Gary Seven in "Assignment Earth", but I'm pretty sure he's not playing that either). But I'm still thinking augment. Maybe the Enterprise crew finds the Botany Bay, but Khan doesn't properly revive this time and dies, and Cumberbatch is playing an overly ambitious lieutenant of Khan's. If you remember in "Space Seed", his life-support unit shorted out (and Khan nearly croaked) until Kirk (ironically) broke the seal and saved his life (two words; big mistake!).

Of course, ideally? I'd like this new movie to have NO ties to "Space Seed" or "Wrath of Khan" at all. Part of the problem for me is that each ST movie since TWOK has tried too damn hard to be another TWOK. "Nemesis" being one of the worst offenders in that category (Data's/Spock's sacrifice, genetically engineered bad guys taking power by force/coup, battles in a nebula-thing, hostile desert planets, themes of mortality, etc). I hope the writers have just a smidgen more imagination than that (but after the almost painfully mediocre "Cowboys & Aliens"? I'm incredibly dubious...). We'll see....

And good point, P. The anticipation is somewhat less this time, as some of the more pressing questions have been answered; such as, 'can the new cast pull it off?' That was my biggest trepidation when the 2009 movie opened. Much to my satisfaction, they DID pull it off. Now it's just a question of just WHO is Cumberbatch playing and can we finally put the Khan rumor to bed once and for all? He is SO not playing Khan... :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 29 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I'm guessing he's an augment of some kind (although definitely NOT Khan; he does NOT look like a Sikh from northern India... sorry, but that's more insulting to Indians than Montalban). It looks like he can resist the neck pinch (as could Gary Seven in "Assignment Earth", but I'm pretty sure he's not playing that either). But I'm still thinking augment. Maybe the Enterprise crew finds the Botany Bay, but Khan doesn't properly revive this time and dies, and Cumberbatch is playing an overly ambitious lieutenant of Khan's. If you remember in "Space Seed", his life-support unit shorted out (and Khan nearly croaked) until Kirk (ironically) broke the seal and saved his life (two words; big mistake!).

Of course, ideally? I'd like this new movie to have NO ties to "Space Seed" or "Wrath of Khan" at all. Part of the problem for me is that each ST movie since TWOK has tried too damn hard to be another TWOK. "Nemesis" being one of the worst offenders in that category (Data's/Spock's sacrifice, genetically engineered bad guys taking power by force/coup, battles in a nebula-thing, hostile desert planets, themes of mortality, etc). I hope the writers have just a smidgen more imagination than that (but after the almost painfully mediocre "Cowboys & Aliens"? I'm incredibly dubious...). We'll see....

And good point, P. The anticipation is somewhat less this time, as some of the more pressing questions have been answered; such as, 'can the new cast pull it off?' That was my biggest trepidation when the 2009 movie opened. Much to my satisfaction, they DID pull it off. Now it's just a question of just WHO is Cumberbatch playing and can we finally put the Khan rumor to bed once and for all? He is SO not playing Khan... :cylonnono:

I think the anticipation will build with a new trailer in place. It is cool that they are still in old uniforms. Awesome! An augment! Very cool. A Gary Seven from Hell! Nice touch. I think they have another hit on their hands. Hollywood is notorious for building things when they have a lot of faith behind a movie...lots and lots of publicity and they are doing a pretty good job so far in convincing me that they have another hit on their hands.

I concur that I don't want to see another Wrath of Khan or Space Seed. Let's get new and original. I remember when STTNG first episode was based on an old trek episode and I groaned because it was painful to watch. It sucked, but once they got under way with new and original episodes then they were very cool! I loved them! So I double dare JJ Abrams to continue to make original treks! go for it!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 02 March 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I concur that I don't want to see another Wrath of Khan or Space Seed. Let's get new and original. I remember when STTNG first episode was based on an old trek episode and I groaned because it was painful to watch. It sucked, but once they got under way with new and original episodes then they were very cool! I loved them! So I double dare JJ Abrams to continue to make original treks! go for it!

Gods, I remember the 1st (regular) episode of TNG. The "Naked Now" (a shameless, crappy, half-a$$ sequel/remake of TOS' "Naked Time"). That was the WORST.

They got wise after that, and stopped doing straight remakes of TOS episodes (even though "Home Soil" was like a poor man's "Devil In The Dark" as I recall). Those first two seasons were just littered with stink bombs... :doh:

I don't think JJ is following that path at all. His take on Trek seems to be less on plot machinations and more about the comradery of the characters; that 'lightning in the bottle' that made TOS so special (and DS9 also, IMO). That's the movie's strength (the 2009 movie, anyway). I hope he remembers that with the 2013 movie... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 02 March 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Gods, I remember the 1st (regular) episode of TNG. The "Naked Now" (a shameless, crappy, half-a$$ sequel/remake of TOS' "Naked Time"). That was the WORST.

They got wise after that, and stopped doing straight remakes of TOS episodes (even though "Home Soil" was like a poor man's "Devil In The Dark" as I recall). Those first two seasons were just littered with stink bombs... :doh:

I don't think JJ is following that path at all. His take on Trek seems to be less on plot machinations and more about the comradery of the characters; that 'lightning in the bottle' that made TOS so special (and DS9 also, IMO). That's the movie's strength (the 2009 movie, anyway). I hope he remembers that with the 2013 movie... ;)

Yes, indeed, the Naked Now, what a dreadful bastardization of Naked Time. Thank you for reminding me of the titles, my poor brain can't recall anything anymore.

Yes, I believe that JJ is trying to emulate the strengths of Star Trek and capture the lightening in the bottle and building the story around the characters. Now the characters have the benefit of 40 years of development, and there is no excuse for any foul ups. So here's to 2013! See you in the ticket lines!

Capt. T.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#16 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 03 March 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

See you in the ticket lines!

I usually buy my tickets online... I'll save you a seat inside. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 03 March 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I usually buy my tickets online... I'll save you a seat inside. :P

Cool! I will buy the popcorn!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#18 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

More Uhura. I always thought she was hot. :adama-pancarte001:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostColonialMarine, on 04 March 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

And more Colonial Marine! I always thought you have great posts! Yes, more Uhura, she is a hottie!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#20 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostColonialMarine, on 04 March 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

The kid is back in the fleet!! :nBSGsalute:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.