GalacticaBBS: Less Doctor Who Blamed on Sherlock - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Less Doctor Who Blamed on Sherlock

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

It appears Doctor Who’s greatest enemy is in fact Sherlock Holmes.

Posted Image

That’s according to BBC News who are today reporting that Steven Moffat’s heavy workload on both Doctor Who and Sherlock is the reason behind Doctor Who’s reduced series in 2012.

Originally this had been dismissed as a joke, their article, however, quotes BBC1 Controller Danny Cohen as saying:

“[Steven Moffat] needs enough time to get [Sherlock] done and then start work on the next series of Doctor Who. So there will be [Doctor Who] episodes, but not as many.”

“There will be some episodes, but there won’t be a full series, so we won’t have a 13-part run,” he told the audience at The Church and Media Conference.

“There’s only so many hours a day he can be awake. The man has to sleep and eat, and he’s got a family.”

“Steven Moffat is the creative driving force behind Doctor Who. He also, rather magically at the same time, created and got to air Sherlock. So we have to get that balance right. There’ll be more episodes again in 2013, for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. So that’s a big year.”

Update: In response Steven Moffat tweeted: “The scheduling of Dr Who has got NOTHING to with Sherlock. On the plus side THE BBC SPELLED MY NAME RIGHT!!!!”

Source: DoctorWhoTV.co.uk

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Frankly? I like Moffat's Sherlock better than I do his brand of DW (aka, "Doctor Potter and the Tardis of Secrets" :P )

More Sherlock for less DW? Hmm. I call that a fair trade at this point... unless DW improves a bit. :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

To paraphrase the old expression, "No S**t, (More) Sherlock!" :P

I'm SOOOO kidding. Moffat's DW reign has had some wonderful entries (why I'm always compelled to keep buying the bloody DVDs!), but all-in-all? What can I say? I like the RTD years better. As Woody Allen said in his lame defense of his affairs, "The heart wants what it wants." :blush:

But Moffat will ALWAYS be a TV demi-god with me for his "Sherlock" and his " Jekyll". I love BOTH of those very much, so I shall try to be a bit more forgiving of his hit-and-miss, Candyland version of Doctor Who (and hey, he DID give the world Amy Pond... who can resent that?!? :naughty3dg: ). :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.