GalacticaBBS: Walking Dead star shares that season-finale whisper with no one - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Walking Dead star shares that season-finale whisper with no one

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Why Walking Dead star shares that season-finale whisper with no one COURTESY OF BLASTR.COM

Posted Image

It's become one of the great mysteries of the show: What, exactly, did scientist Dr. Jenner whisper to Rick Grimes in the season-one finale of AMC's The Walking Dead?

Ever since that fateful day where the ragtag group of survivors fled the CDC office in Atlanta, the character has remained mum on the secret message.

Is it the location of a safe haven? Confirmation that all hope is lost?

We don't know. And, if actor Andrew Lincoln is to be believed, not even his closest family does, either.

"Not even my wife knows what he whispered to me," Lincoln told the Associated Press. [Rick] chooses not to tell people, so why would I tell?"

Lincoln said the message—which Jenner uttered right before committing suicide—should be revealed this season, and he notes it is "pivotal" for Rick.

"This is a scientist who seemingly held all the cards to what this epidemic is about, and I do think, you know, you would imagine he would have something of value to say on that matter," he said. "Well, he chose to kill himself."

The mystery has created a fervor among fans, and even the show's crew, as Lincoln told the AP an editor on the series actually combed through hours of footage and audio to track down the handful of takes where the sentence was audible.

So what do you think Jenner told Rick?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think it's like the glowing suitcase in Pulp Fiction; we'll NEVER know what it is.

But, knowing how fatalistic Jenner was, and the fact that he believed the zombies were our 'extinction event', I could imagine people thinking he told them something along the lines of 'our government created this' or something horrible like that. And if it were some kind of location of a safe haven, why wouldn't he want to go himself? And why wouldn't Rick share that information? It would give them all hope, which they so desperately need.

But personally, I don't think we'll EVER know. And now that it's building this cool kind of guessing game around it? I'd hate to ruin it, because no answer will quite fit. It was a classic enigmatic scene, and IMO? It should forever remain so.

And if I absolutely had to write dialogue for that scene? I'd just have him say something like, "I wish I had your faith, Rick. But I know better...." :thumbsdown:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 17 February 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

But personally, I don't think we'll EVER know. And now that it's building this cool kind of guessing game around it? I'd hate to ruin it, because no answer will quite fit. It was a classic enigmatic scene, and IMO? It should forever remain so.

but but Lincoln said the message—which Jenner uttered right before committing suicide—should be revealed this season, and he notes it is "pivotal" for Rick.

Personally I haven't even thought about it. But if it so pivotal to Rick why not come out with it? Drama? Maybe that is why he has been trying to settle the group rather than move on because of something he knows? I don't know...That is why I am not a writer.

To tell you the truth I'm more interested in if he finds Lennie James again!
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 17 February 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

but but Lincoln said the message—which Jenner uttered right before committing suicide—should be revealed this season, and he notes it is "pivotal" for Rick.

Personally I haven't even thought about it. But if it so pivotal to Rick why not come out with it? Drama? Maybe that is why he has been trying to settle the group rather than move on because of something he knows? I don't know...That is why I am not a writer.

To tell you the truth I'm more interested in if he finds Lennie James again!

Lincoln could just be jerking the audience along, you know.

Often times, the last people to find out are the actors. If it were pivotal? I think he'd share. Rick has kind of a 'transparent' leadership style (you know, the one every elected official promises, but never delivers? Yeah, that kind)...

I hope he finds Lennie and his son again, but as for the Jenner thing? I smell classic red herring.... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

ME too on the red herring. I just saw the newest episode and I think Rick kinds has his hands full right now!

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postviper73, on 18 February 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

ME too on the red herring. I just saw the newest episode and I think Rick kinds has his hands full right now!

You watch it too?!? :w00t:

AWESOME!! :thumbup: You hear that, dave? We got another one... :clap:
Dsgtdave (one of our esteemed 3000 + posters) and I are HUGE fans of this show. Nice to have another fan aboard. :nBSGsalute:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

COOL!!! Ive watched it from the begining and it keeps getting better!!!! I usually catch it on Friday nites as I work sunday and had to ax the dvr to save money.. lol yes I feel even more welcome here now!

#8 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

:nav: and as far as what was whispered in Ricks ear.. im sure he just whispered.....KHANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postviper73, on 19 February 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

:nav: and as far as what was whispered in Ricks ear.. im sure he just whispered.....KHANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Or maybe it was "No Rick... I am your father." :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

and you gots to add the breathin man.. the BREATHIN LOL :nav:

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

View Postviper73, on 19 February 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

and you gots to add the breathin man.. the BREATHIN LOL :nav:

:lol:

Who knew a guy with such acute asthma could be such a bad-a$$? :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   viper73 Icon

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we was watchin grease with the kid today... so maybe he said. RICK........ Grease is the word! :cylon-pancarte04: :nav:

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postviper73, on 26 February 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we was watchin grease with the kid today... so maybe he said. RICK........ Grease is the word! :cylon-pancarte04: :nav:

"It's got groove, it's got meaning..." :lol:

I think he whispered,
Posted Image "Rosebud."

:P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Im a fan too, love the show

I think he said, all this has happened before, and will happen again lol

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I cut and pasted a quote from creator Robert Kirkman in a WD news item from the website io9; I think it cracks the mystery of 'the whisper' once and for all (and in light of recent developments on the show such as zombies without bitemarks, it fits):

I don't have the first season Blu-ray to confirm this, but various posters at the show's wiki are claiming it's possible to boost and isolate the audio so that Dr. Jenner's whisper to Rick becomes audible. The results? "It's in your blood" and "We're all carriers", both of which fit pretty cleanly with last episode's Shane revelation, not to mention match a similar development from the comic books. There's a good chance this will get confirmed or denied in this Sunday's season finale, so I'll guess we'll see. [Walking Dead Wiki]

Dr Jenner may have realized that the zombie virus was (or would quickly become) airborne, or is now the new 'normal' (sort of like the vampirism in the book "I Am Legend").

And WD fans (all 2 or 3 of us)? Remember: Tomorrow night is the finale!! :clap:

What Dr Jenner REALLY whispered to Rick....

Posted Image "Dude, I slept with Lori too...."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Sounds plausible to me OT

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 18 March 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Sounds plausible to me OT

Yeah, I think Jenner slept with Lori, too... :lol: :P

Kidding.
But yeah, I think the 'biteless reanimations' are what Jenner was warning Rick about; that they are ALL carriers now. The graphic novels have made the point time and again; as when Rick told the group, "we ARE the walking dead." Eventually the virus could (theoretically) mutate yet again to where death may not even be necessary for it to take over. THAT would be pretty much the end of everything....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

I wish i had slept with Lori too :naughty3dg: , i do wonder though, why they dont have a big arsenal of weapons from all the dead military, must be thousands of various small arms and mountains of ammo just lying around

#19 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 18 March 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

I wish i had slept with Lori too :naughty3dg: , i do wonder though, why they dont have a big arsenal of weapons from all the dead military, must be thousands of various small arms and mountains of ammo just lying around

Well, in the pilot Rick already raided the police station for it's ammo and supplies. I'd imagine if there lucky at some point in the future they might stumble across an abandoned military base (in the graphic novels, they were holed up in an abandoned prison for awhile, with a small weapons cache of it's own). Problem is, I'd bet when this epidemic broke out? MANY people swarmed to military bases and now those places are probably crawling with walkers...

The "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks) has some good pointers about what to do in that scenario (the book is written as a 'thought exercise', but it is well-researched). It stated that you'd want to avoid going to places where masses of people would hypothetically flee to (hospitals, military bases, etc), as if the infection spread in those populated places, they become nests of the undead.

Posted Image << You'd think Glen would have a copy.

I know it's silly, but the book is actually quite well thought-out. Too bad Rick and company don't seem to have a copy with them.... :P :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.