GalacticaBBS: Transformers 4 release date - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Transformers 4 release date Director confirms new sequel in movie franchise... but you'll have

#21 User is offline   muffit Icon

• Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 15 February 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

@Muffit - do you think the new movies could tie in the quintessons in any way? They could still have G1 origins if worked in right. However I think they will focus on Earth/Humans more than going backwards to Cybertron issues.

Yes, though I would expect him to name them something else and reimagine them into something we wouldn't recognize. I would much prefer a Unicron that could remake other bots. I can see a Unicron type bot being used as an excuse to bring back characters. He kills off too many...
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   lightning31659 Icon

• Major

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Would be nice to work in a new main human character Sam really gets on my nerves.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

View Postmuffit, on 15 February 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

No harm done.

What do you think of my "thought provoking point of view" anyway? What do you want to see in the 4th movie?

If you're asking what I'd like to see?

No human actors on earth. If you're going to make a TF movie, make it an ALL TF movie; set it in space or on their home planet (sorry I'm not fluent in TF so I don't know all the nomenclature) but do the whole thing with JUST the TFs and none of this "a boy and his beyond-his-paygrade girlfriends, driving his TF car" crap. I understand the desire to bring it 'down to earth' but when you throw out names like 'Decepticon' and Optimus Prime' amidst our 21st century earth? It just comes off as ridiculous. You're really bursting a fragile bubble, here.
But if you set it within the universe of the TFs and make it all about them and their world? It could be more hardcore science fiction, and not just two hours of blowing up stuff...

Personally? I'd make the TF movie a Pixar quality-CGI feature length animated movie. Set in their universe; not ours. That's MY take on it for all it's worth.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Wow, Unicron may be a bit over the top for live action and so "Earth" focused. Unicron was not even near Earth in Transformers: The Movie. BUT he is a character to bring in for sure to WOW the viewers. Or at least bring in some aspect of Unicron and let Megatron follow his course... behold: GALVATRON!

Goot point lightning31659, a new human character would be good. Perhaps Sam's dad... that would fit into the canon and he is currently a great supporting character. Or Sam could stay but be much more second string and the bots take center stage. The human connection is there now and the audience drawn in. If they didn't care for bots that much they are used to them now.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   muffit Icon

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 15 February 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Goot point lightning31659, a new human character would be good. Perhaps Sam's dad... that would fit into the canon and he is currently a great supporting character. Or Sam could stay but be much more second string and the bots take center stage. The human connection is there now and the audience drawn in. If they didn't care for bots that much they are used to them now.

I agree. I would drop Sam altogether. I really enjoyed the military human factor and they did create some strong human players from that aspect. I like OT's idea of moving into their universe. Perhaps they receive a signal that leads them back to Cyberton, a supporting human force can go with them. This would set the stage for space battles and then land on Cyberton for the human military ground force aspect also.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 15 February 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Personally? I'd make the TF movie a Pixar quality-CGI feature length animated movie. Set in their universe; not ours. That's MY take on it for all it's worth.

There are about 30 other Transformers incarnations many are quality CGI animated series (Transformers at IMDB link) totally set in the TF universe with zero humans. Michael Bay's work is a tiny tiny tiny blip in a near 30 year history (just the "biggest most current" blip).

Also there are many great comic book series. Including the first one - The final cover read "#80 in a 4 issue limited series". The "lets sell more toys with 4 comics" took on a life of their own and developed some great reading (Yes, I own all 80 of the 4 issue series ;)). Bludgeon freaked me out!

I never did get into the pretenders... did anyone care for them? They were okay, but sort of "huh" to me.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Postmuffit, on 15 February 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

I agree. I would drop Sam altogether. I really enjoyed the military human factor and they did create some strong human players from that aspect. I like OT's idea of moving into their universe. Perhaps they receive a signal that leads them back to Cyberton, a supporting human force can go with them. This would set the stage for space battles and then land on Cyberton for the human military ground force aspect also.

Sam - as per the movies - is past useful now. The cube and matrix are done with, yes. Cybertron was left wasted, it would be good for them to go and try to rebuild. But it MUST include: Wheeljack ;)

I like the supporting human group too since the Autobots on Earth lack any space travel now. But they better have a larger purpose to go or they would just be a major liability for the Autobots who brought them. "Look we took them, we will squish them unless you leave" sort of <der> villain stuff if the Decepticons got them.

I think it would be hard to tie a fly off into robot land in film #4 very quickly from where #3 left off without really pushing the story along fast forward. It could be done but may be a bit confusing in the first 1/4 of the movie.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

P.S. June 29, 2014 - really? That's a Sunday........ ? ummm... yeah....
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

For those who want to make judgements and tell me how to post I'd appreciate it if you just don't. It is inspiring you have much better things to do with your life than "bash" topics and maybe I can learn from that and stuff but until then I'll keep my opinions my own :closedeyes:

I'll give the franchise credit for attempting a reboot but it is still just exploitation in my mind. Best thing that could happen is a story without Shia (horrid acting), maybe centering around a prequel.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

When I was a kid I used to love the Transformers cartoons, I even had Transformers wallpaper. back in the 80's I always wanted to see a live action movie but knew that the technology just wasn't there.

Fastforward to mid 2000's and it's finally announced that they are going to make a Transformers movie. My inner child jumped for joy at the thought of seasing Prime and Megatron on the big screen as I had always dreamed. When the pictures came out of Prime and Megatron I was dissopinted somewhat because they looked nothing like what they were supposed to look like.

When the movie finally came out I was on a high because the CGI was so good it couldnt visually get any better (add to that Megan Fox). The plot was thin but I didn't care because it was all eye candy and came away from the movie happy.

When number 2 came out I was over the eye candy and looked at the story of the movie. It was terrible and was even panned by the people who made the movie. It was a silly plot and more of an excuse to spend a large budget on eye candy and travelling to foreign countries.

My hear sunk somewhat but still had faith that a descent script could save the day for number 3. When that was released it was 2.5 hours long. The plot for this movie was terrible, only fractionally better than number 2. Michael Bay got rid of Megan Fox and replaced her with Rosie Huntington who's acting ability was....limited but she was stunning. The way Bay filmed her and the way she was portaid she was there for no reason apart from to be lusted after (which worked). Most of this movie was action, running around, and things exploding. After 1.5 hours Mrs. P went to bed because she couldn't take it any more and after 2 hours I was drumming my fingers begging for somethign of a plot to appear.

Since they want to continue the franchaise I say get new writers and a different director that will pay attention to a plot instead of just action sequences. Also if they want to continue the franchaise how about move to G2 and have Rodimus Prime and Galvatron.

I hope this explains why I don't have high hopes any more for this franchaise with its current configuration.

#31 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 15 February 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

There are about 30 other Transformers incarnations many are quality CGI animated series (Transformers at IMDB link) totally set in the TF universe with zero humans. Michael Bay's work is a tiny tiny tiny blip in a near 30 year history (just the "biggest most current" blip).

I've seen some of newer CGI cartoons (my nephew loved them); but I'm talking ILM/Pixar-good, top-drawer feature length movies. I really don't believe that's been done yet. The newer incarnations are OK (I've seen bits and pieces here and there), but nowhere near the quality I'm imagining in my mind's eye.

IMO, most of Michael Bay's movies are the 'Chinese food' of cinema; you devour them at the time, but an hour later you're hungry for story, plot and well-acted characters...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

As an admin, I feel the need to state that I don't like the way certain people are reacting to the negative comments in this thread. Those who are not staff members have no place determining what is and isn't acceptable discussion on this forum, and no one has any place trying to limit reasonable freedom of speech on this site. If someone says something you disagree with, make a rebuttal. Criticize their opinion, but do not chastise them for sharing it.

Come on, guys. We're better than this.

#33 User is offline   muffit Icon

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 15 February 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

As an admin, I feel the need to state that I don't like the way certain people are reacting to the negative comments in this thread. Those who are not staff members have no place determining what is and isn't acceptable discussion on this forum, and no one has any place trying to limit reasonable freedom of speech on this site. If someone says something you disagree with, make a rebuttal. Criticize their opinion, but do not chastise them for sharing it.

I have not attempted to control what is acceptable. I have not chastised anyone. Just being clear on my position.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   viper73 Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer
  • Interests:huge sci fi and history geek!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I have mixed feelings also I hope it is better than the others and does get back to a more storytelling but we KNOW mb is alla bout the BAYsplosions

#35 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

View Postviper73, on 18 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

I have mixed feelings also I hope it is better than the others and does get back to a more storytelling but we KNOW mb is alla bout the BAYsplosions

He could just make a 2 hr CGI effects demo reel, stick a hot girl in it, and I think (at this point) no one would really notice... or care.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

^Or, he might not. I think the studio has final say of what their movies become and they do want to sell tickets.

Muffit your idea of the next movie taking them back to Cybertron would be neat if they could work in Skylynx or Astrotrain. Even poor little Cosmos could help out the cause to get off the Earth! ;) I really think they need to work the Megatron/Galvatron change since Megatron was left in a mess. I wonder what Galvatron would transform into in the "Bayuniverse?"
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

^Or, he might not. I think the studio has final say of what their movies become and they do want to sell tickets.

Hence the hot chick and the overuse of explosions and CGI FX.... :lol:

Bottom line; get them in the seats. Eye candy will do that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

That's true, a fact for sure. However there is no way to know for certain that Transfromers 4 will rely only on "eye candy" only to sell tickets, even if (to some people) the others did. I do bet they are not going to hire an all "ugly" cast... what studio would?

As I watched The Dark of the Moon again yesterday while doing my work, I think that Sam's dad would be a good one to shift the human character over too more so. And that is also in line with G1 canon. It will be neat to see how they expand into new areas as they flesh out the story and script these next two years.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.