GalacticaBBS: Transformers 4 release date - GalacticaBBS

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

Transformers 4 release date Director confirms new sequel in movie franchise... but you'll have

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

  • Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 5,451
  • Joined: 06-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Director Michael Bay has confirmed that he'll be shooting the next instalment in the hit Transformers franchise.

Paramount Pictures will release Transformers 4 on June 29, 2014.

Before he turns his attention fully to Transformers 4, Bay will be directing new movie Pain and Gain, starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.

Source: MSN
0

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

  • Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 5,451
  • Joined: 06-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

We all know MB was going to continue with the franchaise. I was hoping they were going to hand over to someone else who can drive a story instead of action.
0

#3 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Thanks.
I needed to take a laxative this morning... this should help. :doh:


:D
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#4 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

  • Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,439
  • Joined: 05-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

At this point I say leave it as is. It appeals to action hungry youngsters who don't really need a story to enjoy it. For me there really isn't anything a 4th installment can do to change my feelings about it.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

  • Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 5,451
  • Joined: 06-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

I agree, I'll watch it and be upset (again) :)
0

#6 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

  • THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 10,441
  • Joined: 23-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City, Missouri
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Awesome, I'll be there opening night.
A new movie will be a great way to underscore the Transformer's 30th anniversary year.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image
0

#7 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 14 February 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

At this point I say leave it as is. It appeals to action hungry youngsters who don't really need a story to enjoy it. For me there really isn't anything a 4th installment can do to change my feelings about it.

Just more mindless, overblown, Hollywood-flavored slop... many thanks Mr. Bay, but no. :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#8 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 14 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

I agree, I'll watch it and be upset (again) :)

Reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, when he said he has to watch the Star Wars prequels sequentially; so that he can be disappointed in the order Lucas intended... :P

Needless to say, this is another movie opening I'm already planning to miss in advance.... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#9 User is offline   muffit Icon

  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 30-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

These comments are so negative. Can we upgrade the intellectual level of comments to provide a more thought provoking and enjoyable experience.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postmuffit, on 14 February 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

These comments are so negative. Can we upgrade the intellectual level of comments to provide a more thought provoking and enjoyable experience.

I disagree with all my heart.
We have MANY threads on this site where we explore ideas and issues both positive, negative, deeply and humorously, and on very intellectual matters as well (check out the Pyramid Table; lots of interesting intellectual discussions going on over there).

Freedom of expression is one of the things I love the most about this site. If all we were allowed to do was express positive opinions on everything, then IMO it wouldn't be an honest forum for discussion. Personally? I enjoy hearing both pro and con sides to things. Negative, positive; doesn't matter. As long as the opinions are honest, and not just dull pro spin, then I'm all for it. If you don't agree with a POV expressed here? I, for one, would love to hear why.

Some of us feel very passionately about science fiction movies and how the Transformers movies in particular are part of a disturbing, continuing trend of mindless action and FX over substance and (forgive the irony) intellectual content.

But if you have something intellectual or thought-provoking to add to the Transformers discussion? I'd love to hear it...

:)
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#11 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

  • Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,439
  • Joined: 05-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'll never sugar coat my feelings for this franchise. It is one of the worst out there that has been exploited to the max. These are my personal opinions and I won't stomp on anyone else who disagrees but just because I don't care for it and don't have anything positive to say about it (more or less) doesn't mean I am dumbing down the level of intelligence by saying so.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   lightning31659 Icon

  • Major
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,273
  • Joined: 10-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liberty MO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

And there are those who believe if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   muffit Icon

  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 30-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

You both completely misunderstood me.

"These comments are so negative." refers to this thread only. Other threads are irrelevant to my comment.

"Can we upgrade the intellectual level of comments to provide a more thought provoking and enjoyable experience." This in no way suggests you should stop being negative. It speaks to the level of current comments. I was requesting that we improve the discussion of this specific thread.

As for adding my own thought provoking point of view on the current Transformers movies:

The original toy line was created from various independent designs, bought and combined into a single line. The original show was created purely to sell the toy line. The story was so inconsistent that cannon has never fully been achieved. However the franchise is over 30 years old. In this time there have been some story line gems and some turds. Transformers has, for the most part, always been about the bot designs and the very action heavy conflict between autobots and decepticons. Based on this, I have mostly enjoyed the newer movies. I think MB does a very good job of targeting the kid in me that wants to see giant robots do spectacular transformations and then blow the crap out of each other. That said, I think he took too much liberty in changing the individual characters into what he though they should be. Some he got right, other he missed completely. I think he should have spent more time incorporating what the fan base wanted into the movies. As for story line, I like the new matrix, and the fallen ideas. I like how the modern military and global connection is there. The human side is much more than just "some kids". Bottom line: I will see the 4th movie. I will probably complain about it and like it anyway. PS. I want some space battle scenes.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postlightning31659, on 15 February 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

And there are those who believe if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything.

And there are those who believe in freedom of expression .... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#15 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

  • THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 10,441
  • Joined: 23-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City, Missouri
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

To paraphrase a wise sage... ME MUFFIT KING!
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image
0

#16 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postmuffit, on 15 February 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

You both completely misunderstood me.

"These comments are so negative." refers to this thread only. Other threads are irrelevant to my comment.

"Can we upgrade the intellectual level of comments to provide a more thought provoking and enjoyable experience." This in no way suggests you should stop being negative. It speaks to the level of current comments. I was requesting that we improve the discussion of this specific thread.

As for adding my own thought provoking point of view on the current Transformers movies:

The original toy line was created from various independent designs, bought and combined into a single line. The original show was created purely to sell the toy line. The story was so inconsistent that cannon has never fully been achieved. However the franchise is over 30 years old. In this time there have been some story line gems and some turds. Transformers has, for the most part, always been about the bot designs and the very action heavy conflict between autobots and decepticons. Based on this, I have mostly enjoyed the newer movies. I think MB does a very good job of targeting the kid in me that wants to see giant robots do spectacular transformations and then blow the crap out of each other. That said, I think he took too much liberty in changing the individual characters into what he though they should be. Some he got right, other he missed completely. I think he should have spent more time incorporating what the fan base wanted into the movies. As for story line, I like the new matrix, and the fallen ideas. I like how the modern military and global connection is there. The human side is much more than just "some kids". Bottom line: I will see the 4th movie. I will probably complain about it and like it anyway. PS. I want some space battle scenes.


It came off sounding like you were asking us to keep any negative opinions about the franchise to ourselves. Sorry if we misunderstood you.
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#17 User is offline   lightning31659 Icon

  • Major
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,273
  • Joined: 10-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liberty MO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 15 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

And there are those who believe in freedom of expression .... ;)

Never said I didn't just have better things to do with my time than sit around on here waiting to trash something.
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

  • THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 10,441
  • Joined: 23-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City, Missouri
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

@Muffit - do you think the new movies could tie in the quintessons in any way? They could still have G1 origins if worked in right. However I think they will focus on Earth/Humans more than going backwards to Cybertron issues.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image
0

#19 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 36,412
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postlightning31659, on 15 February 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Never said I didn't just have better things to do with my time than sit around on here waiting to trash something.

Good for you. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#20 User is offline   muffit Icon

  • Petty Officer 1st Class
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 30-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

obsolete toaster said:

It came off sounding like you were asking us to keep any negative opinions about the franchise to ourselves. Sorry if we misunderstood you.



No harm done.

What do you think of my "thought provoking point of view" anyway? What do you want to see in the 4th movie?
Posted Image
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.