GalacticaBBS: Writer Bob Orci tweets first image from new Star Trek movie set - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Writer Bob Orci tweets first image from new Star Trek movie set

#1 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

In an article from Trekmovie.com, where ST writer Bob Orci is a regular poster, the first image from the set has been uploaded onto his Twitter account.
There are also another series of set photos from the last ST movie, as well as one from the MI:4 set. Enjoy!

Posted Image

And No, this is NOT the latest photo; you have to follow the Trekmovie.com link above.... :P

BIG FAT POST EDIT!!!

Turns out Bob Orci was teasing us with twitter pics from the FIRST ST09 movie!! Grrrrr... :glare: :doh:

Oh well; at any rate, they're great pics even if NOT from the new movie. SO SORRY about that, GBBS folks. My bad for getting too excited.... :blush:
I thought the first photo was from the new ST movie. My apologies to all. At any rate, this thread can be 'recycled' for when the 'real' pics do come in (I hear that's very soon, by the way...)

SO SORRY.... :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Damn I thought I was going to be another NCC 1701 Budwiser movie again.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Yeah they promised to change the engine room to something that didn't serve beer LOL.

#4 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostZipper, on 03 February 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Damn I thought I was going to be another NCC 1701 Budwiser movie again.

No, they're still using Budweiser-prise again. The Budweiser plant IS sadly, one of the locales being used in the new movie, despite Bob Orci's tweet that the engine room will be 'expanded' in the new movie. Personally, I know two people who have worked there; seeing that location really pops me out of the '23rd century'. :doh:

It's like seeing a Star Wars movie set in a Von's supermarket...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

I never understood how they could make ST09 so visually cutting edge....then have a brewery as the engine room. It just doesnt fit with the look of the ship.

#6 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

I still prefer it. I never liked the idea that futuristic engine room were essentially simplistic rooms lots of buttons and big flashing lights. It always felt like outfitting one of NASA's shuttles with my home PC and a lava lamp.

The larger, more complex, visuals better mirrors the idea of how powerful the ship is to me than some strip lights.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#7 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 04 February 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

I still prefer it. I never liked the idea that futuristic engine room were essentially simplistic rooms lots of buttons and big flashing lights. It always felt like outfitting one of NASA's shuttles with my home PC and a lava lamp.

The larger, more complex, visuals better mirrors the idea of how powerful the ship is to me than some strip lights.

And if one gets thirsty from shoveling all that coal into the Enterprise's boilers, it's reassuring to know that a nice, cold brew is available through any nearby tap.... :P :lol:

Actually, I'd be curious to see what a lava lamp would do in zero gee. Would it behave any different? Interesting experiment that would be...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.