GalacticaBBS: Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vegeance - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vegeance coming soon!

#1 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Second to None!

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

My skull is still burning from how BAD the first one was. :doh:
Thanks, but no thanks. I'll gladly sit this one out... ;)

About the only 'good' I can say about the first one was that the motorcycles were pretty cool...

Maybe I'm just getting too old for these kinds of movies, who knows... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll gladly sit this one out... ;)

About the only 'good' I can say about the first one was that the motorcycles were pretty cool...

Maybe I'm just getting too old for these kinds of movies, who knows... :lol:

The first one wasn't that bad. I use to read the comics and the story was far better than what I thought it was going to be. I didn't have high expectations for it. Nor do I have any for this one too. But I thought it was neat that people would want to see the trailer at least.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 03 January 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

The first one wasn't that bad. I use to read the comics and the story was far better than what I thought it was going to be. I didn't have high expectations for it. Nor do I have any for this one too. But I thought it was neat that people would want to see the trailer at least.

Oh, I think it's great you brought the trailer to us and I appreciate it; it's so much more to discuss. ;)
I'm just tired of Nicholas Cage's constant mugging, bad accents, and general overacting. He's vying for the William Shatner Lifetime Achievement Award... :doh:

I kind of miss motorcycle movies that used to be about the open road and such; like "Easy Rider." I miss those (hell, I miss motorcycles, too!)... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 03 January 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Oh, I think it's great you brought the trailer to us and I appreciate it; it's so much more to discuss. ;)
I'm just tired of Nicholas Cage's constant mugging, bad accents, and general overacting. He's vying for the William Shatner Lifetime Achievement Award... :doh:

I kind of miss motorcycle movies that used to be about the open road and such; like "Easy Rider." I miss those (hell, I miss motorcycles, too!)... ;)

Yes, he has a propensity for overacting...yes, I believe he is already been nominated for the William Shatner Lifetime Achievement Award twice!
But I still like watching him and I think the movie will be great entertainment.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 03 January 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yes, he has a propensity for overacting...yes, I believe he is already been nominated for the William Shatner Lifetime Achievement Award twice!
But I still like watching him and I think the movie will be great entertainment.

I'll be next door watching "The Artist" (which I really AM going to see tomorrow...) :lol:

Posted Image

I'm such a big girl sometimes... :blush: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Cool. I liked the first one, this one looks like it will rock too.
Seems a bit "T2" ... a "bad" lead now good, who'd there to save a kid from total evil. Less tech, more Heaven & Hell... same good and evil.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 03 January 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Cool. I liked the first one, this one looks like it will rock too.
Seems a bit "T2" ... a "bad" lead now good, who'd there to save a kid from total evil. Less tech, more Heaven & Hell... same good and evil.

I agree. It will probably deal with biblical revelations and such. A touch of Paradise Lost thrown in for good measure and voila, you have Ghost Rider 2. Hopefully this one does better at the box office.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 05 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I agree. It will probably deal with biblical revelations and such. A touch of Paradise Lost thrown in for good measure and voila, you have Ghost Rider 2. Hopefully this one does better at the box office.

No, because then we'll have Ghost Rider 3 in 3D! :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 08 January 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

No, because then we'll have Ghost Rider 3 in 3D! :doh:

woo hoo! Hit the box office where it hurts!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 08 January 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

woo hoo! Hit the box office where it hurts!

Vote with your wallet! :thumbsup:

If people stop spending hard-earned money on mediocre movies and then lapping them up like a last meal for a condemned man, maybe the studios might get it into their heads (and out from their butts) that audiences are tired of mediocre, same-old-s**t movies. Every once in awhile, I am still very pleasantly surprised by movies that are made from a place of creativity and not from a cash register (such as "The Artist", "Gattaca," "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" or "Moon"). The only problem is? Those movies tend to die a quick death at the box office from audience apathy ("What? No people outrunning explosions? F**k this, man..."). Yet EVERYONE and his cousin from Hackensack seems to plow into theatres like cattle into a boxcar for Transformers 3 and more assembly-line crap like that. We get these kinds of movies because we PAY to see them. Let's stop paying to see them and who knows? Hollywood might stop making them.... easy peasy, one would think.

If all one wants is a pretty light show? Buy one should buy some fireworks from Mexico, take some drugs and knock ones' self out. I still like a good story. If it happens to be married to good special effects? Great. But story and characters almost always come first in my book (with "Avatar" and "2001" being some of the new notable exceptions; those were experiences more than just stories... but at least they weren't stupid and insulting to their audiences, either). ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

I clicked on this thread thinking I am sure gonna solidify my reputation as the guy that bashes just about every movie out there. Seeing this makes me glad I am not alone about this one lol.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 12 February 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

I clicked on this thread thinking I am sure gonna solidify my reputation as the guy that bashes just about every movie out there. Seeing this makes me glad I am not alone about this one lol.

Beat you to it! :P

I saw the first one, sadly (as well as the trailer for the second), and NOTHING about either makes me excited in the least for this franchise.
They even made Satan uninteresting (as played so laid back by Peter Fonda, he came off like a rock star's agent). And THIS movie is what I mean when I refer to Nicholas Cage's insane overacting.....

Posted Image

Yeah, as I was saying...

Looks like they're trying to go for a more epic, "T2" kind of sequel, but honestly? I don't give a flaming, brimstone-smelling turd for this series... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

I don't put a lot of stock in critical reviews. I would much rather see reviews from fans. So far from what I've seen on metacritic from the fans this one it isn't looking too good......
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 17 February 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I don't put a lot of stock in critical reviews. I would much rather see reviews from fans. So far from what I've seen on metacritic from the fans this one it isn't looking too good......

Having seen the first one? That's all the Ghost Rider I want, thanks... :thumbsdown:

Nicholas Cage; so good in "Lord of War" (a BIG surprise this one is; you'd like it dave) "The Rock" (yes, the ONLY Michael Bay film I enjoy) and "Leaving Las Vegas".

What happened?!? :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.