GalacticaBBS: Geek Bucket List - GalacticaBBS

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »

Geek Bucket List From everyone you want to meet to what you want to see!

#1 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

1. Meet Katee!
2. See Puss N Boots with my Son
3. The MUPPETS! Totally geeking out.
4. Rise of the Dark Knight.
5. Collect all the autographs from BSG.
6. Buy CS5 so I can whip Poisonous and CK's artistic a$$es in competition. Tee hee..
7. Reach 20,000 posts so I can keep Toaster company.
8. Buy all the Trek Episodes for TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, and Enterprise.
9. Get the Phoenix logo tattoo on my arm.
10.Take all you guys out for beers after treating everyone to Comic Con! Woo hoo!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

1. Get Robert Kirkman's (Walking Dead author's) autograph; considering my track record with autographs? This one has a HIGH chance of success soon...

2. Own the ORIGINAL, unaltered Star Wars movies (IV-VI) in anamorphic widescreen dvds (not letterboxed only, like my current copies) or even Blu Ray (THAT would be worth plunking down $100 for a BR machine, IMO...). Chance of success? With Lucas, who the hell knows...

3. Live to see a human being walk on Mars (chances for success on this one are more and more remote every day; the space program lacks inspiration and money right now...)

4. Get autographs of some or all of the Dexter cast (chances for success are a long shot, but not impossible; it also depends on how tenacious I am at Comic Con...)

5. Find a way to make it illegal to remake "Jaws" "Star Wars" "2001" or "The Godfather".... :D :lol:

6. See (or even make myself) a remake of the 1979 Buck Rogers TV series. Despite it's inherent silliness, this is one that sits up and BEGS for a Ron Moore style reimagining....

7. Live to see the new Star Trek movies complete a nice, neat trilogy of movies. With how long the new one is taking? This is increasingly problematic... :lol:

8. Build nice display shelves for all of my geek s**t. I could do this one almost anytime, but I'm too frakking lazy. :blush:

9. See a new cycle of Planet of the Apes movies based on the awesome prequel from this summer. :clap: See wish # 7.

10. More BBC "Sherlock", please.... :cylonclap:

and a repeat of CT's wish #10 for all of you guys, too. It'd be SOOO groovy to meet all of you face to face someday... :hug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

These are in no particular order:

- A good Batman TV show based in the Nolan universe (although I do love the 60's series). Or even a mini series based on the Joker.

- More Babylon 5 (but none of the Legend of the Rangers crap).

- A Star Trek TV show that is darker and has a crew that are flawed for a change.

....that's all I can think of for now.

#4 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

pff ok to name a FEW:P

Meeting Lucy Lawless, Amanda Tapping and Tricia Helfer (at the same time if at all possible :P).
Going to Comic Con at least once in my life.
Live to see a sci fi convention (however small) being host in my Dutchy country
Have a pink powerranger again!
Seeing a series made that equals BSG in its epic-ness

Ill have to think about the rest:P
Posted Image

#5 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Luckily (for me), my BSG void is filled ("Walking Dead" and "Dexter"), but yeah; I do miss weekly, new epic space opera... there's NOTHING to fill that one right now. :(

More to my bucket list:

* A 24/7 CNN type news channel for the United States without commercials.... like an HBO for news geeks.

* The third season of Night Gallery finally come to dvd. 1 and 2 came out in 2004/8 respectively. Following that logic, season 3 may come out next year.

* A new Star Wars movie with absolutely NO input from George Lucas whatsoever that recasts, rewrites and undoes ALL of the damage from the prequel trilogy like it never happened... (cue
Yub Nub song...). Basically a rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker in one, fat, rich 3 hour movie... that'd be my ULTIMATE geek wish. :cylon_newanime012: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's no coincidence that the best SW movie is the one he had the least to do with creatively ("The Empire Strikes Back")

* And a new Star Wars movie (or a new trilogy) set after the Rebel victory at Endor.... and please; not those damn Timothy Zahn books. Those were NOT as good as everyone says they were.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain
  • Interests:BSG, Star trek, Star wars, X-files, Babylon-5...

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

1. Meet Patrick Stewart
2. Meet Brent Spiner
3. Go to a comic con
4. Meet Katee
5. To have another Star trek movie marathon with my dad
6. Meet Ron Moore

that's it for me.

#7 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 01 December 2011 - 08:56 AM, said:

1. Get Robert Kirkman's (Walking Dead author's) autograph; considering my track record with autographs? This one has a HIGH chance of success soon...

2. Own the ORIGINAL, unaltered Star Wars movies (IV-VI) in anamorphic widescreen dvds (not letterboxed only, like my current copies) or even Blu Ray (THAT would be worth plunking down $100 for a BR machine, IMO...). Chance of success? With Lucas, who the hell knows...

3. Live to see a human being walk on Mars (chances for success on this one are more and more remote every day; the space program lacks inspiration and money right now...)

4. Get autographs of some or all of the Dexter cast (chances for success are a long shot, but not impossible; it also depends on how tenacious I am at Comic Con...)

5. Find a way to make it illegal to remake "Jaws" "Star Wars" "2001" or "The Godfather".... :D :lol:

6. See (or even make myself) a remake of the 1979 Buck Rogers TV series. Despite it's inherent silliness, this is one that sits up and BEGS for a Ron Moore style reimagining....

7. Live to see the new Star Trek movies complete a nice, neat trilogy of movies. With how long the new one is taking? This is increasingly problematic... :lol:

8. Build nice display shelves for all of my geek s**t. I could do this one almost anytime, but I'm too frakking lazy. :blush:

9. See a new cycle of Planet of the Apes movies based on the awesome prequel from this summer. :clap: See wish # 7.

10. More BBC "Sherlock", please.... :cylonclap:

and a repeat of CT's wish #10 for all of you guys, too. It'd be SOOO groovy to meet all of you face to face someday... :hug:

Very cool wish list! I like it. Especially an unaltered version of Star Wars Episodes 4 to 6. Nicely done! Yes, it would be uber cool to meet all you guys face to face someday. Well maybe when we all have enough funds to put together we could create some sort of union between us and it would be fun. Yahooo. Our own mini-con! Yahoo!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 01 December 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

These are in no particular order:

- A good Batman TV show based in the Nolan universe (although I do love the 60's series). Or even a mini series based on the Joker.

- More Babylon 5 (but none of the Legend of the Rangers crap).

- A Star Trek TV show that is darker and has a crew that are flawed for a change.

....that's all I can think of for now.

A mini series based on the Joker would be worth the price of admission. I like it!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#9 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

View PostNanouk, on 01 December 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

Meeting Lucy Lawless, Amanda Tapping and Tricia Helfer (at the same time if at all possible :P).
Going to Comic Con at least once in my life.
Live to see a sci fi convention (however small) being host in my Dutchy country
Have a pink powerranger again!
Seeing a series made that equals BSG in its epic-ness

Ill have to think about the rest:P

Wow! I like your list! Meeting Lucy Lawless... :drool: And YES! I agree bring back the PINK RANGER!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#10 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

View PostBoomer, on 02 December 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

1. Meet Patrick Stewart
2. Meet Brent Spiner
3. Go to a comic con
4. Meet Katee
5. To have another Star trek movie marathon with my dad
6. Meet Ron Moore

that's it for me.

I like yours! Stewart and Spiner are something else. I really enjoyed Brent as Data and of course, Stewart was flawless as Picard.
MEET KATEE!!! One day that dream will come true! Woo hoo!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#11 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 02 December 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

I like yours! Stewart and Spiner are something else. I really enjoyed Brent as Data and of course, Stewart was flawless as Picard.
MEET KATEE!!! One day that dream will come true! Woo hoo!

thanks! Stewart also did a great job in X-men.

#12 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 02 December 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

Wow! I like your list! Meeting Lucy Lawless... :drool: And YES! I agree bring back the PINK RANGER!

I actually found one at a collectors event but it was the 'shiny' version and I want the regular one:P
Basically its just nostalgia. Powerrangers was my first real fandom:P
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

View PostNanouk, on 01 December 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

That's cool.

#14 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

1: Meet Chris Metzen (the lead writer for the Warcraft and Starcraft universes; he also does the voices for a lot of the main characters).

2: See the Hobbit movies in the theater.

3: See someone do Star Trek right for once, though I've now given up hope of that ever happening.

* A new Star Wars movie with absolutely NO input from George Lucas whatsoever that recasts, rewrites and undoes ALL of the damage from the prequel trilogy like it never happened... (cue
Yub Nub song...). Basically a rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker in one, fat, rich 3 hour movie... that'd be my ULTIMATE geek wish.

This may surprise you, but I'd like to see this, too. The prequels are, in theory, actually a much better story than the original trilogy. The original is just a generic "ordinary man becomes a hero" story. Whereas the prequels have the potential to be a very dark and intense character study. It would have been a masterpiece if Lucas hadn't butchered it.

Of course, if I want to experience that story done right, I can always just load up Warcraft III. Because if I'm honest with myself, Arthas is Annakin and the Lich King is pretty much Darth Vader.

#15 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 02 December 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Me 2!!!!!!!!! i can't wait for Hobbit to come out!!!!!

#16 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

View PostBoomer, on 02 December 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

thanks! Stewart also did a great job in X-men.

He certainly did. He was perfectly casted as Charles Xavier.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#17 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

View PostNanouk, on 02 December 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

I actually found one at a collectors event but it was the 'shiny' version and I want the regular one:P
Basically its just nostalgia. Powerrangers was my first real fandom:P

I was too old to be lured in by power rangers when it first came out. Didn't stop me from watching it every so often. Certainly it has become a giant part of pop culture. May you find the regular PINK Power Ranger.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#18 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 02 December 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

1: Meet Chris Metzen (the lead writer for the Warcraft and Starcraft universes; he also does the voices for a lot of the main characters).

3: See someone do Star Trek right for once, though I've now given up hope of that ever happening.

This may surprise you, but I'd like to see this, too. The prequels are, in theory, actually a much better story than the original trilogy. The original is just a generic "ordinary man becomes a hero" story. Whereas the prequels have the potential to be a very dark and intense character study. It would have been a masterpiece if Lucas hadn't butchered it.

Of course, if I want to experience that story done right, I can always just load up Warcraft III. Because if I'm honest with myself, Arthas is Annakin and the Lich King is pretty much Darth Vader.

I am sure you will see Trek done right one day. I had no problems with the last Trek and I am a ginormous Trekker. So for me it was nice to see it well acted, good story and great SPECIAL EFFECTS worthy of an epic movie like Trek.

Warcraft is very cool. I don't truly understand it all but from what I have seen it is a cool game.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#19 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostBoomer, on 02 December 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

Me 2!!!!!!!!! i can't wait for Hobbit to come out!!!!!

You know, as many here can say, I am not (nor have I ever been) a fan of "Lord of the Rings" BUT (and it, like me, is a BIG but) I actually want to see "The Hobbit" largely because the cast is a BBC Dream cast! Seriously, it's like they gathered ALL of the BEST actors currently on BBC and stuck them in one movie; you have Martin Freeman (Watson on the new "Sherlock"), Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock on "Sherlock" :P ), James Nesbitt ("Jekyll"), Ian Holm, Stephen Fry and about a thousand other actors I admire greatly.

Ordinarily, I'd avoid "The Hobbit" like an attack of acid reflux, but I'm actually looking forward to this one very much... :thumbup:

I must admit, EE, I am just a bit surprised to hear that but also gratified to see that you also recognize the agonizing flaws in Lucas' prequel trilogy. They're utterly PAINFUL to watch at times for an old Star Wars fan like me (who literally waited 16 YEARS for those f**king movies). And you hit it on the head when you point out how potentially incredible the prequel story could've been if Lucas hadn't aimed so low with his storytelling ambitions (or it's possible that he simply doesn't have the "right stuff" anymore)...

Just one, big, epic, time spanning three hour movie could re-tell the ENTIRE story of Anakin's rise and fall without the need for Jar Jar, endless pod-racing, horribly acted so-called 'romance' scenes (wherein the actors had all the chemistry of a pair of store window mannequins), or the thousands of protracted, stupid, mindless action set pieces that only served to pad out what could've been a brilliant three hour movie into six hours of kiddy crap (with only fleeting moments that suggest the brilliance that could've been...).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Warcraft is very cool. I don't truly understand it all but from what I have seen it is a cool game.

As a game, it's mediocre (though that's changing; it gets better all the time; also, the past games in the series before WoW were great), but as a universe as a whole, it's fantastic. It's not terribly deep or smart (excepting a few characters and storylines), but it's incredibly fun, epic, and entertaining. Sort of the ultimate popcorn movie, except it's not a movie.

I must admit, EE, I am just a bit surprised to hear that but also gratified to see that you also recognize the agonizing flaws in Lucas' prequel trilogy.

Star Wars is an excellent story on paper. The execution is just horribly botched by the fact Lucas wouldn't know good writing if he drowned in a lake of it. But there's a lot of potential there. I'd love to see it rebooted by someone with a functioning cerebral cortex one day.

Just one, big, epic, time spanning three hour movie could re-tell the ENTIRE story of Anakin's rise and fall without the need for Jar Jar, endless pod-racing, horribly acted so-called 'romance' scenes (wherein the actors had all the chemistry of a pair of store window mannequins), or the thousands of protracted, stupid, mindless action set pieces that only served to pad out what could've been a brilliant three hour movie into six hours of kiddy crap (with only fleeting moments that suggest the brilliance that could've been...).

I think one of the main things that torpedoed the prequels was stretching them out to three movies. There's enough story there for one movie, maybe two. I mean, let's be honest, The Phantom Menace was a giant waste of time. Nothing of substance to the greater story happened in that movie. They ought to have started with the Clone Wars already in full swing and Annakin already rising through the ranks of the Jedi.

That, and Mannequin's -- er, I mean Annakin's -- atrocious acting.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.