GalacticaBBS: Nan's SG artsy - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Nan's SG artsy

#21 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostNanouk, on 30 January 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

THIS! :D

That is wicked... :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#22 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostNanouk, on 30 January 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

THIS! :D

That's AWESOME!
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

New vid

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

The world bows to the endless reservoir of talent that is NAN!! :bowdown: :cylonclap:

Posted Image

Nan: Subtexter, graphics illustrator, video editor, neuroscientist, pervy-captionist, zombie maker...

To quote Salieri in "Amadeus"; "Is talent like that written on the face?

Posted Image << Antonio Salieri reading Nan's pervy captions in amazement. :o
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thats very nice of you to say OT.

With music vids I spend ALOT of time on things most people don't even notice.
For example for this vid I used a lot of different kinds of clips. Some TV clips, some form SkyOne some from SciFi some on HD most not, also some DVD clips. Which gives every clip kind of a different color/detail (some are more pale some have different resolution). So I spent most time trying to recolour scenes to have an over all 'same' feeling. Also I need to remove those SkyOne and SciFi logos without destroying image quality. If in the end no one really notices it.. I did a good job :)
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostNanouk, on 06 March 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Thats very nice of you to say OT.

With music vids I spend ALOT of time on things most people don't even notice.
For example for this vid I used a lot of different kinds of clips. Some TV clips, some form SkyOne some from SciFi some on HD most not, also some DVD clips. Which gives every clip kind of a different color/detail (some are more pale some have different resolution). So I spent most time trying to recolour scenes to have an over all 'same' feeling. Also I need to remove those SkyOne and SciFi logos without destroying image quality. If in the end no one really notices it.. I did a good job :)

No, I didn't notice; it blends well. :cylonclap:

I like how you don't just highlight only the 'big, epic" moments (the mistake so many fan videos do), you also go for the more subtle, human moments. Little looks, sideways glances, etc. I like that...
:thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostNanouk, on 04 March 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

New vid

Very good! I liked it!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#28 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Very cool Nan!

#29 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

When are we going to see some new material? :naughty3dg:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#30 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

When in some alternate universe I find some time to do something :)
And also sometimes I want to do something but I dont know what LOL.
No but honestly at this point all my creative juice is in my research.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostNanouk, on 28 April 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

When in some alternate universe I find some time to do something :)
And also sometimes I want to do something but I dont know what LOL.
No but honestly at this point all my creative juice is in my research.

And all we'll see of that work is the future zombie apocalypse... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

@Nan - Great videos. I was wondering, what software do you use to author them with?
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Sony Vegas 9.

I also bought Sony Vegas 11 *cries eyes out* but that doesnt read .avi video's!
So .. that was money NOT well spend .. for some reason the newer versions of Vegas do not support .avi format which is a problem for me since I work with 99% .avi format :P
I also use Adobe Premier Pro CS5 which is much less nice to work with but it reads all files. So if I cant import a file in Vegas, I Import in Adobe take the scenes export them to a format Vegas can read and import in Vegas again (you see this is a horrible time consuming job). I really wish Vegas will bring out a new piece of software that does everything. Vegas is just much easier to work with than Premier Pro.

Premier pro is as it says for Pro's and its just made to edit (cut scenes etc.) then theres 'After Effects' which they use to make the scenes pretty. I dont have after effects and its kind of complicated to work with. In Vegas you can make preset of filters etc and just drag and drop them to the scene you're working with. So what you can do in 1 click in Vegas takes 20 clicks in Adobe.
Also, Vegas work with markers (little arrows on the time line of your project), since I edit to certain beats in the music I listen to the song and press M (for Mark) when I need a new 'piece' to begin (for example on the crash sound of a drumkid is a good point to start).

So for example, this is one minute of video with all the markers that I made

Posted Image

As you can see Ive been working on a new stargate vid but .. its just not there yet ..
I do that alot make videos decide they're not perfect and never work on them again.
And youtube is absolutely crawling with HORRIBLE quality music I dont wish to add to that.
I make music vids for myself .. I have to like to watch the music vid. If im like 'but thats a little off ...' I don't even bother to upload.
It also happens that after a few years when new software and techniques have come that I redo a vid I already made.

So .. this is a way too long answer to a short question but perhaps you like to read it anyway:P
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostNanouk, on 23 August 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Sony Vegas 9.

I also bought Sony Vegas 11 *cries eyes out* but that doesnt read .avi video's!
So .. that was money NOT well spend .. for some reason the newer versions of Vegas do not support .avi format which is a problem for me since I work with 99% .avi format :P
I also use Adobe Premier Pro CS5 which is much less nice to work with but it reads all files. So if I cant import a file in Vegas, I Import in Adobe take the scenes export them to a format Vegas can read and import in Vegas again (you see this is a horrible time consuming job). I really wish Vegas will bring out a new piece of software that does everything. Vegas is just much easier to work with than Premier Pro.

Premier pro is as it says for Pro's and its just made to edit (cut scenes etc.) then theres 'After Effects' which they use to make the scenes pretty. I dont have after effects and its kind of complicated to work with. In Vegas you can make preset of filters etc and just drag and drop them to the scene you're working with. So what you can do in 1 click in Vegas takes 20 clicks in Adobe.
Also, Vegas work with markers (little arrows on the time line of your project), since I edit to certain beats in the music I listen to the song and press M (for Mark) when I need a new 'piece' to begin (for example on the crash sound of a drumkid is a good point to start).

So for example, this is one minute of video with all the markers that I made

Posted Image

As you can see Ive been working on a new stargate vid but .. its just not there yet ..
I do that alot make videos decide they're not perfect and never work on them again.
And youtube is absolutely crawling with HORRIBLE quality music I dont wish to add to that.
I make music vids for myself .. I have to like to watch the music vid. If im like 'but thats a little off ...' I don't even bother to upload.
It also happens that after a few years when new software and techniques have come that I redo a vid I already made.

So .. this is a way too long answer to a short question but perhaps you like to read it anyway:P

Posted Image "Hmmmm..... What was that, Nan?"

:P

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 28 April 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

And all we'll see of that work is the future zombie apocalypse... :lol:

How True!
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.