GalacticaBBS: Favorite Caprica Character - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Caprica Character

Poll: Favorite Caprica Character (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was your favorite character from Caprica?

1. Daniel Graystone (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Joesph Adama (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Zoe-A (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Tamara-A (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Williy Adama (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Amanda Graystone (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

7. Sam Adama (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

8. Sister Clarice (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Tomas Vergis (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

10. Lacy Rand (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Were characters from Caprica as good as BSG characters?

1. Yes (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. What is Caprica? (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Ok BBS. Forgetting my topic spelling :P let's talk your favorite character from Caprica. Multiple answers allowed on Q1.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

I chose Amanda Graystone and Lacy Rand. Amanda got the short end of the stick when it came to how she was written in. She spent most of season 1 drunk and weepy but still managed to be powerful and compelling. The acting was great.

Lacy Rand (whom I suspect will get votes) grew. She blossomed throughout the series and pretty much took the reigns when Zoe-A disappeared into V-world along with Tamara. I would have really looked forward to seeing her in a season 2.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

And I am curious as to why Zoe-A makes any list. The acting was horrid, The character got progressively slow and predictable and I just wanna know why? :P

I understand how she should of and was the focus at first but how they wrote her out and the way she acted? FRAK!

What? you liked her dancing during some one off with a robot arm? Frak that.

Not to impose on an opinion mind you :P
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'm a machine head.the cylon was my Favorite thing.even tho it was running around half naked...and especially at the end when they were a silent deadly tactical strike force..

#5 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I chose Daniel Graystone, only because as good as Lacy was (she was definitely the most interesting female character), I didn't think she could really carry the series. Daniel could; it's his premise. He is the father of the Cylon race; he automatically has my attention (fairly or not). And no, I don't think ANY of the characters of Caprica registered as strongly or were really as memorable as the characters of BSG. Not inviting arguments or note-for-note comparisons; just my opinion.... ;)

Caprica was a failed, yet sometimes intriguing experiment. If only the entire series could've been as good and/or progressive as the pilot and the final five episodes.... :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain
  • Interests:BSG, Star trek, Star wars, X-files, Babylon-5...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

Zoe is pretty good. The other Caprica characters suck!

#7 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

I choose 'NONE' .. wait .. theres no option for none!
Im sorry I just didn't care much for the Caprica characters.
If I HAVE to choose Im with Boomer and I'd go for Zoe.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

My favourite was Zoe. Excellent acting and a very intriguing and original character. She was Caprica's Starbuck, in my view--a character so full of personality she almost eclipsed everyone around her. I also threw votes to Lacy and Sam. Both had strong acting and a lot of complexity. In the end, Sam became the only Adama on the show I liked.

I also voted that the characters on Caprica were as good as BSG, but really, it's mixed. I do think the caliber of the acting and characters were the one thing that kept Caprica worth watching (as its plot ultimately turned out to be mostly dull and rambling), but as I've stated before, I think including the Adama family was utterly unnecessary and was what torpedoed the show. So, if you cut out the Adamas (not counting Sam), I think the characters were equal to their BSG counterparts.

Keep in mind, too, that we had four seasons to get to know the BSG characters, whereas we only got one season with the Caprica characters. They're never going to be able to fit that much development and complexity into a quarter of the time.

#9 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostNanouk, on 10 October 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

I choose 'NONE' .. wait .. theres no option for none!
Im sorry I just didn't care much for the Caprica characters.
If I HAVE to choose Im with Boomer and I'd go for Zoe.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I didn't like the Caprica characters, they just didn't grip me the way BSG's did right out of the box (with the miniseries).
While the Caprica pilot was very intriguing, I didn't feel the same powerful hold on my imagination from the Caprica characters that the BSG cast had. :cylonnono:

It had nothing to do with how long we got to know them (or low little time); BSG's characters had me at 'frak you'... :wub: :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 12 October 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

Keep in mind, too, that we had four seasons to get to know the BSG characters, whereas we only got one season with the Caprica characters. They're never going to be able to fit that much development and complexity into a quarter of the time.

I didnt need 4 seasons to love them though. After the pilot I already knew I had a huge crush on starbuck:)
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Zoe can't act her way out of a paper bag.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain
  • Interests:BSG, Star trek, Star wars, X-files, Babylon-5...

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostNanouk, on 13 October 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

I didnt need 4 seasons to love them though. After the pilot I already knew I had a huge crush on starbuck:)

Me to! :blush:

#13 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

View PostNanouk, on 13 October 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

Agreed.

Except for the Starbuck crush part (she's cute, and I love the character, but that's it) :D . We didn't need long exposure to know we loved the BSG characters. They ALL made strong impressions on me right away; I was addicted after the miniseries. It simply wasn't that way with Caprica. And the fact that the series meandered aimlessly for so much of it's short running time was a lost opportunity, IMO. Most of the episodes were stagnant and ponderously self-important.

Of that short season, I suppose I still feel that Daniel and Lacy were the strongest characters, but in all honesty? NONE of those characters were ones I felt truly compelled to follow (unlike BSG, where I just had to see what happened to all of them each week... they were an instant family, IMO). I remember about mid-point in Caprica's run, I was seriously considering calling it quits on watching the show (it was only for the fun of talking each episode over with you folks here on these forums that I didn't). My wife and most of my friends (all BSG devotees/converts) had already moved on at that point. But ironically, I'm glad I kept at it; if only because those final five episodes were SOOOOO much better than anything we saw before on the short-lived (and somewhat bipolar) series. :cylonnono:

The only reasons I own the Caprica dvds are for the pilot and final five episodes; everything in-between I'll probably never watch again... :nonono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 13 October 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Agreed.

Except for the Starbuck crush part (she's cute, and I love the character, but that's it) :D . We didn't need long exposure to know we loved the BSG characters. They ALL made strong impressions on me right away; I was addicted after the miniseries. It simply wasn't that way with Caprica. And the fact that the series meandered aimlessly for so much of it's short running time was a lost opportunity, IMO. Most of the episodes were stagnant and ponderously self-important.

Yeah not just starbuck of course. I cared for the BSG cast right away. Even though it took a while to get to know them in depth.
Right away you really cared for each one of them. Something most series just don't achieve or it takes long. For example for me in Stargate it took 3 seasons to give a crap:P
Something that took BSG only a pilot episode. BSG is to me unique in the way it portraits the characters and their development. Still the best :)
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 13 October 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

Zoe can't act her way out of a paper bag.

You are dead to me.

I kid, but seriously, there were a lot of problems with Caprica, but I don't think the acting belongs on that list.

#16 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostNanouk, on 14 October 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

Yeah not just starbuck of course. I cared for the BSG cast right away. Even though it took a while to get to know them in depth.
Right away you really cared for each one of them. Something most series just don't achieve or it takes long. For example for me in Stargate it took 3 seasons to give a crap:P
Something that took BSG only a pilot episode. BSG is to me unique in the way it portraits the characters and their development. Still the best :)

Agreed.

It took three seasons for me to give a crap about Star Trek TNG (and now I'm back to not giving a crap anymore!). Most shows need that 'warm up' (even Mad Men; which I'm hooked on now). But BSG really was the best. I've seen a few shows that have equalled it in quality (Dexter, Walking Dead), but none have bettered it (IMO).
I absolutely LOVE that group of characters. I watch some of those episodes even now, years after the fact, and I still get excited like a kid. :clap: :cylonclap:

I kid, but seriously, there were a lot of problems with Caprica, but I don't think the acting belongs on that list.

I agree. Caprica had a whole bag stuffed with problems, but bad acting really wasn't one of them...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 15 October 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

I agree. Caprica had a whole bag stuffed with problems, but bad acting really wasn't one of them...

Just her acting. It was bad.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.