GalacticaBBS: Zachary Quinto plays Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Zachary Quinto plays Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=v26OP6f29Qc
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostRavenshayde, on 01 October 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

Rock ALMOST smashes Spock...

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

And in a related piece, Zachary Quinto 'officially' came out over the weekend

Posted Image

Frankly (for me, at least), I file this story under 'no surprise' (kind of sensed that he was; he dresses too nicely to be heterosexual :P ), but I admire the reason why he chose to 'go public' with his sexual orientation; as a sign of solidarity for a teenaged boy who committed suicide over relentless bullying. Personally, I think Quinto's Spock is one of the highlights of Nu Star Trek and I look forward to seeing him in another Star Trek movie (if it ever gets MADE!!).
Bravo, Zachary Quinto. :thumbsup: Classy... :nBSGsalute: :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Mentioning coming out, Sean Mayer from "Firefly" came out a week before Zachary did.
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostAphrodite, on 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Mentioning coming out, Sean Mayer from "Firefly" came out a week before Zachary did.

Poor Kaylee just CAN'T catch a break, can she?? :roflmao:

Posted Image

Poor Kaylee can fix almost anything... except a misaligned gaydar. :P

No, I kid. :P :lol:
I think it's amazing how we live in an ever-evolving climate of ever-increasing tolerances (we've still a long way to go, but it's encouraging).
When I was a kid? If an actor admitted he/she was gay, it was usually career suicide. Rock Hudson only came out in 1984 when he was nearly dead and had nothing to lose anymore. But even more 'obvious' gay actors were simply labeled 'sophisticated'; or they were only cast as the 'zany uncle' type (Paul Lynde on "Bewitched" kind of roles) or whatever. Personally, I'm amazed at the progress I've seen even in my 45 year lifetime. If only my best friend from high school were alive to see all of this (he died of AIDS in 1991) , he wouldn't believe it... :)

A lot of gay young people born into this age hopefully won't have to see so much of the closeted, cruel bigotry that defined living a homosexual life for so many gay people born of my generation or earlier (for the record; I'm not gay, but I've many friends who are, and sadly, were). I think of the pre-Stonewall era being rather like the southern United States before the Civil Rights Act, where blacks had separate fountains and restrooms, and had to sit in the backs of buses. Prejudice against homosexuals is just another facet of the same kind of bigotry... :cylonnono:

I applaud Zachary Quinto (and Sean Maher); it's one thing to have people think you're gay, it's another to admit it openly, bravely and on your own terms. Good for them! I'm relieved that I'm still alive in an age where so many people are finally open about being gay with no fear of blackmail or reprisal. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Zachary Quinto IS the man, straight or gay he is one hell of an actor and I really enjoyed ST09.

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 24 October 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

Zachary Quinto IS the man, straight or gay he is one hell of an actor and I really enjoyed ST09.

:adama-pancarte001: to both points! :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 24 October 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

He was the only part of that movie I liked. Definitely a very talented actor.

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 24 October 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

He was the only part of that movie I liked. Definitely a very talented actor.

Also liked him in the first season of HEROES, too. That started out as a kick-a$$ little show, but never recovered from it's sophomore slump (season 1 is the only season of that show I own on dvd). Quinto's Sylar was a great villain (sort of a Norman Bates meets X-Men kind of guy).
IMO, his Spock was right on the money too....
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.