• 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

What you didn't know about me...

#441 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 27 February 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

My bad... :lol:

What you didn't know about me?

I have the exact same birthmark near my right shoulder as my half sister (one thing we have in common) and my niece.

Freaky! Cool!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#442 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 27 February 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Freaky! Cool!

And genetically improbable, too. If you looked at each of us? You'd be hard-pressed to even deduce that we were otherwise related...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#443 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 28 February 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

And genetically improbable, too. If you looked at each of us? You'd be hard-pressed to even deduce that we were otherwise related...

Birthmarks are somewhat rare in my family but the fact that you guys all share the same one is really cool.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#444 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 28 February 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Birthmarks are somewhat rare in my family but the fact that you guys all share the same one is really cool.

I always thought maybe we were all werewolves or something.... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#445 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 28 February 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I always thought maybe we were all werewolves or something.... :lol:

Is there a full moon?
Posted Image

Second to None!

#446 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 28 February 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Is there a full moon?

(OT growling and howling...)

GOTTA GO!!! :flex: :post-83-1091138941:

Posted Image

"Wake up, honey. Is my breath that bad?!?"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#447 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 28 February 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

(OT growling and howling...)

GOTTA GO!!! :flex: :post-83-1091138941:

Posted Image

"Wake up, honey. Is my breath that bad?!?"

LMAO! That was funny! Well what else did you want to share with us about yourself? Don't be shy!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#448 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

one of my philosophies in life:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#449 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Ok, new to this thread as ive been away awhile, what you dont know about me, hmmm

Im scared of heights, you will not catch me up a ladder.

Ive made 149 parachute jumps lol

bad motorcycle accident in 1985, broke my neck, arm and some ribs the day before i was to return to work after the previous accident wher e i chipped off a part of my lower spine.

My dad was a paratrooper for 23yrs 1943-1966

my mum was a parachute packer

i have four brothers, 3 of which were also paratroopers

i have 2 sisters, both were in the R.A.F

I joined The parachute regiment too

My neice is now a military trained parachutist (making it 3 generations of crazies)

I still jump with Pathfinder parachute group UK to commemorate the WW11 airborne on to original wartime drop zones wearing WW11 uniform and from a genuine WW11 Dc 3.

My last jump was 17th september 2010 on to Dz x, Renkum heath at Arnhem, Holland, the first time it had been dropped on since 1944, i was the first to land.

I was the first to land because my parachute malfunctioned and instead of using my reserve i faught it open, would of been ok except we jumped at 700ft, only got it open 60%. Broken and dislocated ankle and leg which i consider lucky coz i should have died.

#450 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

You have b@lls of iron, my friend.... :bowdown:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#451 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Not really OT, but i do have 2 plates and 11 screws in my ankle and leg, HEY, I THINK IM TURNING CYLON!!!!

#452 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 13 March 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Ok, new to this thread as ive been away awhile, what you dont know about me, hmmm

Im scared of heights, you will not catch me up a ladder.

Ive made 149 parachute jumps lol

bad motorcycle accident in 1985, broke my neck, arm and some ribs the day before i was to return to work after the previous accident wher e i chipped off a part of my lower spine.

My dad was a paratrooper for 23yrs 1943-1966

my mum was a parachute packer

i have four brothers, 3 of which were also paratroopers

i have 2 sisters, both were in the R.A.F

I joined The parachute regiment too

My neice is now a military trained parachutist (making it 3 generations of crazies)

I still jump with Pathfinder parachute group UK to commemorate the WW11 airborne on to original wartime drop zones wearing WW11 uniform and from a genuine WW11 Dc 3.

My last jump was 17th september 2010 on to Dz x, Renkum heath at Arnhem, Holland, the first time it had been dropped on since 1944, i was the first to land.

I was the first to land because my parachute malfunctioned and instead of using my reserve i faught it open, would of been ok except we jumped at 700ft, only got it open 60%. Broken and dislocated ankle and leg which i consider lucky coz i should have died.

Most impressive! I wish I had your military training under my belt.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#453 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postairbornewarrior, on 13 March 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Not really OT, but i do have 2 plates and 11 screws in my ankle and leg, HEY, I THINK IM TURNING CYLON!!!!

Hey!! We're bionic-Cylon brothers!! :w00t:

After my motorcycle accident 18 years ago, I was left with 2 rods in my legs (compound fracture on the right leg; single on the left), 6 pins in my hip, tiny screws in my knees, both ankles and right shoulder; also had a broken hand and nose.

My 'hardware' is starting to jack me up though, with some KILLER arthritis these days... :doh:
Started going to the gym last year to try and strengthen my f**ked up legs. Results are mixed, but it beats doing nothing and letting them atrophy, you know?

By the way, keep up the good jokes. :thumbup: Between those and Nan's gifs/captions, they make my day... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#454 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 13 March 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hey!! We're bionic-Cylon brothers!! :w00t:

After my motorcycle accident 18 years ago, I was left with 2 rods in my legs (compound fracture on the right leg; single on the left), 6 pins in my hip, tiny screws in my knees, both ankles and right shoulder; also had a broken hand and nose.

My 'hardware' is starting to jack me up though, with some KILLER arthritis these days... :doh:
Started going to the gym last year to try and strengthen my f**ked up legs. Results are mixed, but it beats doing nothing and letting them atrophy, you know?

By the way, keep up the good jokes. :thumbup: Between those and Nan's gifs/captions, they make my day... :lol:

My god, you're a mess, Toaster. Glad you are in the gym and working out. Like you said, Beats doing nothing and letting them atrophy. Well, while you two are exchanging metal and memories about your bionics, I will share something that I have not shared with the group yet.

A list of thing that you didn't know about me.

1. Like Nan, I was into HANSON...doh!
2. I suffered a broken arm when I was 12 years old.
3. I have had several stitches in my body from various accidents that have occurred from the ages of 10 to 20. Double Doh
4. I am a major Stallone Fan, some of you already guessed that one...looking at Toaster. Doh!
5. And I am a HOMER SIMPSON FAN...MAJOR DOH!
6. I studied Jeet Kune Do for a couple of years and had my son study Kung Fu for two years as well.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#455 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

My god, you're a mess, Toaster. Glad you are in the gym and working out. Like you said, Beats doing nothing and letting them atrophy. Well, while you two are exchanging metal and memories about your bionics, I will share something that I have not shared with the group yet.

A list of thing that you didn't know about me.

1. Like Nan, I was into HANSON...doh!

After reading that first item on the list, I kind of tuned the rest of it out in sheer horror....

Posted Image

Kidding of course. :P But not about Hansen. They suck. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#456 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 13 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

After reading that first item on the list, I kind of tuned the rest of it out in sheer horror....

Posted Image

Kidding of course. :P But not about Hansen. They suck. :D

Mmmmmm bop!

Posted Image

Second to None!

#457 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 13 March 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Mmmmmm bop!

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#458 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Instead of making fun of me, you boob! Why don't you share with us the time you had a gun pointed at you. That makes for interesting story telling. Don't hold back. Let us have it!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#459 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 13 March 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Instead of making fun of me, you boob! Why don't you share with us the time you had a gun pointed at you. That makes for interesting story telling. Don't hold back. Let us have it!

Well, I was working at my store, it was 1990 I think. I was about 23 or so. I was helping our store security guys bust two a-holes who stole a bunch of Levis and stuffed them into their heavy outerwear (odd for summer in California... it was kind of a tipoff that they were going to steal from us). We chased them out to the parking lot (back in the days when I could run, mind you; before my motorcycle accident) where we thought they'd just dump the s**t and run (typical reaction when a shoplifter is caught). Instead, they just very calmly turned around and pulled a couple of small pistols on us (my friend said they looked like .22s; I knew jack s**t about guns, so I didn't know). We raised our hands and started walking backward (I did NOT want to turn our backs on guys holding guns on us!). Mall security saw the guys (but did NOTHING, of course). We went back in, filled out incident reports, called the police. That was pretty much it. Never recovered the merchandise. All in all, they stole a couple hundred bucks of stuff. It was a very bizarre night.... I'll never forget it.

When I came home that night, my hands took about a good HOUR to steady. The thought that I almost died over some a-holes stealing denim! I just seemed so completely stupid, you know? From that day on, I knew if I ever had to go into combat? I'd either be killed in the first two minutes or get one HELL of a case of PTSD later... kind of like listening to Hansen! :lol: :fear:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#460 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 13 March 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Well, I was working at my store, it was 1990 I think. I was about 23 or so. I was helping our store security guys bust two a-holes who stole a bunch of Levis and stuffed them into their heavy outerwear (odd for summer in California... it was kind of a tipoff that they were going to steal from us). We chased them out to the parking lot (back in the days when I could run, mind you; before my motorcycle accident) where we thought they'd just dump the s**t and run (typical reaction when a shoplifter is caught). Instead, they just very calmly turned around and pulled a couple of small pistols on us (my friend said they looked like .22s; I knew jack s**t about guns, so I didn't know). We raised our hands and started walking backward (I did NOT want to turn our backs on guys holding guns on us!). Mall security saw the guys (but did NOTHING, of course). We went back in, filled out incident reports, called the police. That was pretty much it. Never recovered the merchandise. All in all, they stole a couple hundred bucks of stuff. It was a very bizarre night.... I'll never forget it.

When I came home that night, my hands took about a good HOUR to steady. The thought that I almost died over some a-holes stealing denim! I just seemed so completely stupid, you know? From that day on, I knew if I ever had to go into combat? I'd either be killed in the first two minutes or get one HELL of a case of PTSD later... kind of like listening to Hansen! :lol: :fear:

Wow!!! That is intense buddy. That was very brave of you to try to get the merchandise back and not your fault that they had guns! Yes, you could have died but the point is that you didn't and you are still with us! Woot! Now show me how brave you really are and listen to Hanson! LOL. :censored:
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.