Page 1 of 1

Happy Birthday, Anne Lockhart! TOS BSG's "Sheba"

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Happy Birthday, Anne Lockhart! :cylonclap: :nBSGsalute:
She was TOS BSG's "Sheba" (daughter of TOS' 'male' Cain, played by Lloyd Bridges) who came aboard at about the middle of the original show's run.
She is also the daughter of June Lockhart, the 'space mom' on the original "Lost in Space" (1965-8); not to be confused with the crappy '98 movie (although she did cameo in that one as well; she was Will's principal).

Anne Lockhart added a nice kick to the troika of male viper jocks (Apollo, Boomer and Starbuck) on TOS BSG. And I think (in some small way) paved the way for NuBSG's re-imagining of Starbuck (Sheba was kind of a 'proof on concept', IMO).. She came aboard the Galactica (from the TOS' Pegasus) after her father Cain was lost trying to take on three Cylon basestars simultaneously (idiot... hee hee). She also seemed poised by the end of TOS' run to become Apollo's post-Serena love interest in "Hand of God", when they went on a 'double date' with Starbuck and Cassiopeia and later shared a tender kiss before a dangerous mission (by the way, I don't count G1980 as 'official' TOS BSG; it's the 'Star Wars Holiday Special' of the BSG mythos). She also played Buck Rogers' lost love "Jennifer" (both the original in flashback and a cosmetically-altered doppelganger) in my FAVORITE episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, "A Dream of Jennifer" (one of the few episodes where we actually SEE Buck lamenting his lost 20th century life; more episodes like that would've gone a LOOONG way towards making BR a much better show). :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image :w00t: :drool:

Oh, and did I mention that she was a TOTAL BABE back in the day?? :naughty3dg:

Sadly, I've never had the chance to meet/greet Ms Lockhart at any conventions (of the bunches I've attended), but if the opportunity arises? Rest assured; OT is on the scene. Launch when ready! :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNE LOCKHART!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

*Party time*

whoooooooooooo
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   lightning31659 Icon

• Major

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

CK's bringing the punch
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Maybe a (circa-1979) Anne Lockhart will pop out of her own cake... :naughty3dg: :P

Posted Image :w00t: :drool:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.