• Last »

What interested or amazed you today?

#461 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

How many times have you wanted to do this? Well this bus driver did and got 17 months in jail.

Posted Image

#462 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 18 February 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

How many times have you wanted to do this? Well this bus driver did and got 17 months in jail.

Oh my gods!! :blink:

I can't believe he DID that. That's one of those 'dark passenger' Dexter impulses we all feel now and then when confronted by a douche of such epic proportions but would NEVER have the b@lls or the sociopathic streak in us to attempt. Although, if I could get away with it? The lane-straddling bicyclist would be a personal 'favorite' of mine; as is the jaywalking, crossing the street-without-looking-texting-zombie; or worse yet, the texting-DRIVER. I even once saw a MOTORCYCLIST in the carpool lane texting with his left thumb. Would like to give all of them a little 'nudge' sometimes.... ;) :cylonweapons:

Yes, that bus driver is completely insane, but not entirely unrelatable, either...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#463 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 18 February 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Unbelievable! Can't understand what prompted him to do that. Bikers are entitled to share the road provided that they do not impede traffic.
So What the FRAK! OMG! that was terrible. Well the bus driver got what he deserved. Shouldn't have done that! He could have lost control of the bus as well and endangered the lives of the passengers too! The man was not thinking.

Thank you for sharing that.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#464 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 20 February 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Unbelievable! Can't understand what prompted him to do that. Bikers are entitled to share the road provided that they do not impede traffic.
So What the FRAK! OMG! that was terrible. Well the bus driver got what he deserved. Shouldn't have done that! He could have lost control of the bus as well and endangered the lives of the passengers too! The man was not thinking.

Thank you for sharing that.

In the US, bicyclists are entitled only to the shoulder of the road (or designated bicycle lanes) in most cases. Weaving in front of the bus like that? He was a bit of an a$$-clown (although, of course, he did NOT deserve what that crazy bus driver did to him).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#465 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 February 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

In the US, bicyclists are entitled only to the shoulder of the road (or designated bicycle lanes) in most cases. Weaving in front of the bus like that? He was a bit of an a$$-clown (although, of course, he did NOT deserve what that crazy bus driver did to him).

WE have the same thing here in Canada to protect the safety of the bicyclist and to prevent traffic jams. Weaving in front of the Bus was not smart of him but for the bus driver to run him off the road?! Terrible.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#466 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 21 February 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

WE have the same thing here in Canada to protect the safety of the bicyclist and to prevent traffic jams. Weaving in front of the Bus was not smart of him but for the bus driver to run him off the road?! Terrible.

It's one of those things you see but don't quite believe in your brain....

This amazed me the other day:
Time.com/ Man Survives Buried in Ice in Car for 2 Months in Sweden.

Holy crap!! :o

Amazing what the human body is capable of in such extreme circumstances...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#467 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

First person POV of a night skydive above Los Angles for the premier of Act of Valor. This is probably a Navy SEAL doing this. Whoever it is has HUGE HUGE Balls! I've been skydiving once but I had a big landing area. This guy had to land on a sign in the middle of the street at night. It is an awesome view though.

Posted Image

#468 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 February 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

...as is the jaywalking, crossing the street-without-looking-texting-zombie...

There is the flip side though - only last week I was at a crossing. Green light came on, it was all clear as as soon as I stepped onto the road (with my four year old daughter) an idiot decided waiting 30 seconds wasn't good enough and almost run us over.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#469 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 22 February 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

There is the flip side though - only last week I was at a crossing. Green light came on, it was all clear as as soon as I stepped onto the road (with my four year old daughter) an idiot decided waiting 30 seconds wasn't good enough and almost run us over.

Ah yes, the 'impatient, wants-to-run-you-over, crosswalk a-hole. Another species I hope makes the endangered species list someday. In fact, yesterday I had a lady plow right THROUGH a crosswalk as I was using it (it was in a mall parking lot). Guess the multiple stop signs, the double painted stripes, and the sight of a fat, middle aged old man crossing at the time just weren't enough in the way of visual cues....

Luckily (for me) I stopped in time for her to kindly slam on her brakes. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#470 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Went gliding with co workers .. Finnish coworkers .... who make it Gliding - The Finnish Jackass edition.
Seriously I didnt know gliding off a hill would be that dangerous .. untill I saw the hill... and the trees...
Im going to be sore in the morning.
Posted Image

#471 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostNanouk, on 22 February 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Went gliding with co workers .. Finnish coworkers .... who make it Gliding - The Finnish Jackass edition.
Seriously I didnt know gliding off a hill would be that dangerous .. untill I saw the hill... and the trees...
Im going to be sore in the morning.

:doh:

Look forward to seeing it on a collection of "Craziest Stunts Caught on Tape" someday... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#472 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

amazed:

Yesterday was my uncles funeral
I couldnt be three but, my family made pictures...

I might be weird but pictures of funerals and are weird!
And its not because Im not morbid enough to apreciate it (you know I am) I just find it weird...
Just like pictures/movies of birth .. both should be illegal in my book!
Posted Image

#473 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostNanouk, on 23 February 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

amazed:

Yesterday was my uncles funeral
I couldnt be three but, my family made pictures...

I might be weird but pictures of funerals and are weird!
And its not because Im not morbid enough to apreciate it (you know I am) I just find it weird...
Just like pictures/movies of birth .. both should be illegal in my book!

I totally understand. I have seen people take pictures and video at funerals and to me it's just wrong.
Posted Image

#474 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

http://www.yle.fi/uu...nd_3280378.html

Reading Finnish news on how more doc's are looking positive at euthinasia.. article ends with
Euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg.

That amazed me .. the Benelux (all 3 of us together) si the only place this is legal?!
I didnt know :) (such an ignorant hippie who things all countries have freedoms like her)
Posted Image

#475 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostNanouk, on 23 February 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

http://www.yle.fi/uu...nd_3280378.html

Reading Finnish news on how more doc's are looking positive at euthinasia.. article ends with
Euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg.

That amazed me .. the Benelux (all 3 of us together) si the only place this is legal?!
I didnt know :) (such an ignorant hippie who things all countries have freedoms like her)

Be grateful. ;)

Euthanasia is a freedom I wish ALL civilized countries enjoyed. IMO, it's inhumane to keep someone alive who has absolutely zero quality of life and no chance of recovery. The only reason one would keep that person at that point is either a mistranslation of the Hippocratic Oath (being 'alive' is not necessarily 'no harm'), or the hospital is enjoying the extra revenue from that person's insurance (that's an ugly US thing). If a person spends their final days in absolute agony, is leaving them in that state truly the 'humane thing' to do?!?

If I were 'brain dead'? Then I am dead. Whatever makes me uniquely me is gone at that point. My beating heart doesn't contain my personality, my ego, nor my 'soul.' That's all in the gray matter; not the blood pumper.

Your people are wise Nan, you hippie-hyper-puppy! :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#476 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Brain dead is the only exeption I know. Brain dead = dead. So its not really euthenesia.
Countries have different standards for when braindead = dead (cortical brain dead versus brain stem dead) but most countries agree and we dont keep these people around very long.
But also people that are very very sick and in a lot of pain should have the choice to step out of life.
In Holland we're taking it further now (as we always do) and want to make kind of this 'right to die' thing.
Meaning that if you're old and done .. you can chose to step out. Not just when you're terminally ill.
I know for example a professor at my Uni who's a big fighter for this right to die. He says that if he ever gets Alzheimers hed rather jump off a building than put such a strain on his family and society.
I myself would also prefer death over rotting to death but right now legally thats not possible yet.
Id say 5 more years max and this thing is legal:P
Posted Image

#477 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostNanouk, on 23 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Brain dead is the only exeption I know. Brain dead = dead. So its not really euthenesia.
Countries have different standards for when braindead = dead (cortical brain dead versus brain stem dead) but most countries agree and we dont keep these people around very long.
But also people that are very very sick and in a lot of pain should have the choice to step out of life.
In Holland we're taking it further now (as we always do) and want to make kind of this 'right to die' thing.
Meaning that if you're old and done .. you can chose to step out. Not just when you're terminally ill.
I know for example a professor at my Uni who's a big fighter for this right to die. He says that if he ever gets Alzheimers hed rather jump off a building than put such a strain on his family and society.
I myself would also prefer death over rotting to death but right now legally thats not possible yet.
Id say 5 more years max and this thing is legal:P

Correction:
I shouldn't have said 'brain dead' (I get overly passionate on these things), but what I meant was a near vegetative state, like the Terry Shiavo case we had in the US a few years back: Terry Shiavo/ Wiki

And your professor and I feel the same way. Assisted suicide may not be legal here in the US, but no one can really prevent the 'unassisted' variety (unless you're locked away in a mental hospital and kept on a suicide watch for your own 'good'). The only trouble with a euthanasia law here is that many people here simply lack common sense. Personally, I believe very strongly in euthanasia (or just the right to die, really), but because we have such a cornucopia of different views in this country, you'd have people arguing over the details for ages....

In the end, it'd just be easier to jump off a building! :doh: :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#478 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ok so I already said some of my fam members took pics at the funeral of my uncle
I also already said I find this weird.
Now my 16 year old cousin uploaded these on facebook
Including pics of before mentioned dead uncle.

Im sory .. thats just CRAZY to me!
Posted Image

#479 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostNanouk, on 23 February 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Ok so I already said some of my fam members took pics at the funeral of my uncle
I also already said I find this weird.
Now my 16 year old cousin uploaded these on facebook
Including pics of before mentioned dead uncle.

Im sory .. thats just CRAZY to me!

No offense to your family, but yeah; I'm inclined to agree with you....

Can't imagine anyone wanting to look over pictures of a funeral at some later date. IMO, those are the kinds of things we all try to forget.
Sorry about your uncle though, Nan... :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#480 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Oh I take no offence this is the 'weird'side of the family
Im not sure HOW I can be geneticallt related to them.
I mean I love them, but they're .. NOT like me AT all
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 67 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.