• You cannot reply to this topic

The Latest News

#21 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

Maybe. But it could just be the huge amount of work that needs to be done and a desire to get it done perfectly in response to the criticism. It sounds like a huge task for the team and may be a little out their depth or pushing their boundries a touch.

I do find it odd though that a studio won't pay to get a set built, but they'll keep the CGI crew on their payroll for over a year fiddling with the design.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#22 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

If it takes this long to make 1 TV special how long is it going to take to make a series?

I also agree that the CGI sets will not have the same feel. Look at Sanctuary, another show that uses heavy CGI sets that detract your view from what your supposed to be looking at.

#23 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 20 December 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

If it takes this long to make 1 TV special how long is it going to take to make a series?

I also agree that the CGI sets will not have the same feel. Look at Sanctuary, another show that uses heavy CGI sets that detract your view from what your supposed to be looking at.

Especially on a show that prides itself on being kind of 'gritty' and handheld (aka jitter-cam). It could lose a lot of that quasi-documentary feel and just become another overly slick space opera. Virtual sets are one of the things that kind of popped me out of the new "V" a bit, too. Even though I eventually grew to enjoy the rest of the series for what it was.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 20 December 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

that detract your view from what your supposed to be looking at.

You mean Amanda Tapping .... nope... doesn't happen to me at all...

Ehh..

I don't know how long this stuff usually takes.
I do know that this SEEMS TO TAKE LONG
But that could also be because of my childish impatience :innocent:
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostNanouk, on 01 January 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

I don't know how long this stuff usually takes.
I do know that this SEEMS TO TAKE LONG
But that could also be because of my childish impatience :innocent:

To give some context, the BSG miniseries was shot in April of 2003 and it aired that year in December. FX and all.

I just think that B&C is a stink bomb and they're afraid to release it, so they're doing endless tweaking on it (come on, it wrapped in March!).
Or (and kind of related to my first assumption) they're haggling over whether to air it on TV, internet (where BSG's core but dedicated following REALLY is) or straight to dvd/blu-ray ....

If I had to call it? I'd say if they're not proud of it (and this from the network that gave us "Sharktopus") and it's under lock and key in a dark dungeon somewhere.
They should do a direct-to-dvd/bluray/streaming release and let the digital democracy decide...
:adama-pancarte001:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yeah for me it doesn't really make much of a difference if its either aired or released on dvd.
As long as I get to see it.. I really need BSG fix :) ( I have a re-watch planned starting in februari:P)
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostNanouk, on 01 January 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yeah for me it doesn't really make much of a difference if its either aired or released on dvd.
As long as I get to see it.. I really need BSG fix :) ( I have a re-watch planned starting in februari:P)

A planned rewatch beginning in February? That's so funny that you schedule what you're going to watch a month or more in advance ( :P ). I can't even decide from day-to-day. But you have it all planned out. I love it! :thumbsup: Too funny... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 03 January 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

A planned rewatch beginning in February? That's so funny that you schedule what you're going to watch a month or more in advance ( :P ). I can't even decide from day-to-day. But you have it all planned out. I love it! :thumbsup: Too funny... :lol:

Itll prob be a little later since I just started a Sanctuary re-watch *DOH*
So yeah I plan, but in the end .. that doesnt work .. but before spring BSG re-watch for sure!
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostNanouk, on 26 January 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

Itll prob be a little later since I just started a Sanctuary re-watch *DOH*
So yeah I plan, but in the end .. that doesnt work .. but before spring BSG re-watch for sure!

I tend to watch random episodes in no particular order. It would be interesting to try to watch the WHOLE show (Caprica, followed by BSG) and see how well it meshes together. Of course, that'd mean having to sit through the boring-as-hell first part of Caprica all over again.... :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.