• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Latest News

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

Source: aoltv.com

Speaking of 'Blood and Chrome,' by the way, I talked to Syfy exec Mark Stern when I was at San Diego Comic Con in July. Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming, said that executives at the network have seen a rough cut of the two-hour 'Blood and Chrome' TV movie, which follows the journey of a young William Adama in the first Cylon War. However not many of the effects in that cut have been completed (most of 'Blood and Chrome' was shot in front of green screens, and many backgrounds and visual effects are being added).

Given the amount of work still being done on 'Blood and Chrome' (which was written by 'BSG' scribe Michael Taylor and will act as a possible pilot for a TV series), it sounds as though 'Blood and Chrome' is still something of a work in progress and an announcement about a release date is not particularly imminent. Stern said Syfy is still weighing whether to release this combat-oriented 'BSG' prequel as an online series (which was the original plan back when the project was first commissioned) or to bring it to air as a backdoor pilot, which is still a possibility.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

They pulled similar crap with Caprica. Still a WIP to me means that they aren't happy with the final product and a tweaking the hell out of it.

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 23 August 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

They pulled similar crap with Caprica. Still a WIP to me means that they aren't happy with the final product and a tweaking the hell out of it.

(OT coughs loudly) **Re-shoots** Excuse me.... :blush:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Blood & Chrome needs to either be a pilot episode for a series or not air at all. Too much effort to link the two series together with this to not expand past 2 hours.

I'm leaning towards not air at all.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 09 October 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

Blood & Chrome needs to either be a pilot episode for a series or not air at all. Too much effort to link the two series together with this to not expand past 2 hours.

I'm leaning towards not air at all.

I'm leaning more towards one-off TV movie (just a one-night event). I seriously doubt it'll lead to a series, unless the ratings are (excuse the pun) astronomical, and I don't see that happening...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 09 October 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

unless the ratings are (excuse the pun) astronomical, and I don't see that happening...

It won't happen.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 09 October 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

It won't happen.

Maybe "Blood & Chrome" should be retitled "Crash & Burn?" :doh:

Honestly, I've 'scanned' the internet; there is NOTHING on this pilot. I've never seen a BSG project (even Glen Larson, Bryan Singer-remake idle chatter) get so LITTLE press... especially for a project that was actually SHOT and in the can (back in what, March??)! Seriously, are the publicity people on this all dead (or airlocked) or what??? :unsure:

My guess is that the final product must've been so disappointing that the studio is just seeking to quietly bury it.... :blush:
Even at the Comic Con BSG panel (with one of the stars of B&C) there were NO clips to present... not good! :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 October 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

Maybe "Blood & Chrome" should be retitled "Crash & Burn?" :doh:

Honestly, I've 'scanned' the internet; there is NOTHING on this pilot. I've never seen a BSG project (even Glen Larson, Bryan Singer-remake idle chatter) get so LITTLE press... especially for a project that was actually SHOT and in the can (back in what, March??)! Seriously, are the publicity people on this all dead (or airlocked) or what??? :unsure:

My guess is that the final product must've been so disappointing that the studio is just seeking to quietly bury it.... :blush:
Even at the Comic Con BSG panel (with one of the stars of B&C) there were NO clips to present... not good! :cylonnono:

Comic Con seemed like a one off without ANY knowledge of this. No chatter = dead product.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 10 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Comic Con seemed like a one off without ANY knowledge of this. No chatter = dead product.

It's kind of sad that if it is stillborn, we aren't going to ever see it. Even on Youtube, I haven't seen authentic, leaked footage yet. I'm just a little perturbed that we (as BSG fans) aren't being given the opportunity to decide for ourselves if it sucks or not. I mean, it's completed; it's in the can. What further harm could be done by screening it (even as a SyFy/Space channel one-night movie)? Personally, I think that replacing the sets with CGI versions is probably one of the bigger hang-ups the production is having. CGI is not quite ready to fully replace real, tangible, physical sets yet (especially for a show as gritty and 'real' as BSG). BSG has had CGI set extensions many times (the hanger bay, the engine room, etc), but for a set that cast members are going to interact with on a regular basis? I look at the new "V" and the Star Wars prequels as examples of how CGI sets are just NOT there yet... :cylonnono:

And from what the "Blood and Chrome" actress Lili Borden said at the Comic Con panel, pretty much the WHOLE show is being done on green screen. She said most times they didn't even have an idea of what they were interacting with until they saw video dailies later on.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

OK, it's been almost a month since the last post on B&C ... has anyone heard ANYTHING new on Blood & Chrome??? :unsure:
I know I sure as hell haven't. I'm starting to think the only copy is locked up in a London Towers' style dungeon somewhere on the grounds of the SyFy executive offices...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Here is where I am at. Who cares anymore. They frak everything up.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 03 November 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have a feeling it's an ugly, mutated stepchild that SyFy is really embarrassed of at this point.
First, it was to be a series of webisodes, then TV pilot, then back to the web, then direct to blu-ray/dvd. My gut tells me it's really bad.
Here's hoping (as a BSG fan) that my gut feeling is wrong.
;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 03 November 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

Agreed. I think that soon the channel will be gone.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."ť
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 03 November 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

Agreed. I think that soon the channel will be gone.

It'll be the Wrestling/Sharktopus channel.... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 03 November 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

It'll be the Wrestling/Sharktopus channel.... :lol:

sadly those will get viewers
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 04 November 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

sadly those will get viewers

Kind of like showing shows to the lowest common denominator.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

View PostZipper, on 05 November 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

Kind of like showing shows to the lowest common denominator.

Maybe they should rename it The Bottom-feeder Channel? :lol:

Wait, scratch that; my big, ugly pet fish is a bottom feeder and even he has better taste than that...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I don't even look twice at syfy anymore. *Shrugs*
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

Another update without any update...

http://trekweb.com/a...TV-Series.shtml

our current project is the pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome. How did that go, and in what ways, technologically speaking, does it push the envelope?
Drexler: It's huge. I worked with Gary Hutzel, who once again is our visual effects supervisor. He is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. We had a blast. In one very important way it was different from anything else I’ve ever worked on. The entire show was green screen. There were no sets. This happened because of the shape of the economy. Building sets for a television show like TNG or the last Battlestar Galactica is just prohibitively expensive. No one wants to take that chance. Besides, the way the networks have been doing business lately, it’s kind of bizarre. They’ll cancel a show after one episode. If a show doesn’t perform right out of the gate, they cancel it. In the day when you thought a show would be kept on the air for a year, you might take a chance because you think it will develop an audience over time. With the current network mindset, there’s no chance of building an audience, when after one or two episodes, it's canceled. It’s just impossible. So, they want make a show as inexpensively as possible, so if it’s canceled after one or two episodes, no one gets their head chopped off.

That certainly upped the ante on Blood and Chrome and put a lot more responsibility on you…
Drexler: Oh, yeah. And we love it. That's where we live. The way things used to be, on DS9, Enterprise or Voyager, we’d get a shot list, and we'd stick strictly to the shot list. You’d do your job and they’d plug the VFX sequences in. Now, on Blood and Chrome, with the visual effects department building practically the entire show, we naturally have broader responsibilities. We’re not just creating a plug-in visual effect... a ship flying from left to right. We take an active part telling the story. We’re art-directing the show, and building the sets. It's very fluid and adaptable. We’re lighting and framing the shots as well. Every scene the actors are in, the DP on stage is lighting, but once we get it, we create the atmosphere and the visual direction. That all falls to us. We’re practically producers, because we’re responsible for so much.

What’s next on the Blood and Chrome front?
Drexler: We’ll see whether or not it goes to series. We’re hoping it does, and we should know in February. Decisions are never made over the holidays.

They've had this for a while - unless they've been constantly tinkering with it, the February line seems pointless.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#20 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

By the time it airs in February (that's also the air month given by IMDB), it'll have been wrapped and in post for a year! Come on... that's more like a movie's post schedule than a TV show's. Something tells me the CGI sets are looking pretty crappy and need a lot of work....
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.