GalacticaBBS: Fall, Winter or Early 2012? - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fall, Winter or Early 2012?

Poll: Fall, Winter or Early 2012? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

When will Blood & Chrome Air?

1. Fall 2011 (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Winter 2011 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Sometime in early 2012 (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

4. Advertised in fall 2011 with a winter 2012 release that gets pushed back to spring 2013 (Caprica style) (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. It won't make it out of production (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

With zero advertising and no news since March or so I am beginning to wonder if we will see this in 2011. What do you think?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 17 July 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

With zero advertising and no news since March or so I am beginning to wonder if we will see this in 2011. What do you think?

I think we'll see it in November sweeps. If at all. I've heard absolutely ZERO buzz on this on the internet, which in itself is VERY disturbing. Either they're not happy with the finished product (according to Zipper, it wrapped some time ago) and they're tinkering the hell out of it, or it's so bad they don't know where on the schedule they want to bury it. If it were good, we'd already be hearing buzz on it now; the studios usually have a hard time keeping a really GOOD thing under wraps for long. Hell, even the folks behind Caprica leaked it's pilot script long before it's dvd premiere (I remember reading a leaked early version of it online back at the end of 2007 or so).
There was some confidence there, it seemed. But as for B&C?
Kind of scary, the utter lack of buzz... :unsure:

I think if we see it, we'll see it in November sweeps, or May 2012 sweeps (at the latest; longer than that, and they'll probably be better off shelving it).
And hopefully there'll be some buzz about it by then... :blink:

My first answer would be November, though. I'll keep my geek antennae open at Comic Con too. Although no one slated with the production is scheduled to attend Richard Hatch's annual panel on it this year...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Don't waste your time... just search the web and order you some Galactica: 1980 DVDs. They will show up sooner, and have more episodes than B&C probably will. SyFy seems to be on its way out, I bet the network folds before 2015.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 17 July 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

Don't waste your time... just search the web and order you some Galactica: 1980 DVDs. They will show up sooner, and have more episodes than B&C probably will. SyFy seems to be on its way out, I bet the network folds before 2015.

That's not an unrealistic prediction at all. :cylonclap:
The only thing it has that I care about right now are "Hollywood Treasure" and the occasional "Star Trek/Twilight Zone" marathon...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

A fall 2011 airing is right around the corner. If they aren't advertising it and are planning to show it in fall that feels like a total cast off.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

You're right. November is less than four months away. That DOES seem kind of close doesn't it? :unsure:
(OT does a Nu-Viper style RCS flip) OK, I'm changing my vote; next year; Spring, May sweeps (my 'backup' answer).... :P

It still doesn't bode well for the show if they finished shooting it months ago. To me, it means several possible things; it needs a LOT of work (meaning it's nothing but green screen shots, and that the finished product will have all the 'realism' of a game of Wii Lego Star Wars) or it's so awful that they're embarrassed by it and it's being 'tucked away' until a suitably inconspicuous timeslot can be found. Or a third option; it's already screened to a sneak preview audience somewhere (or on the studio lot) and it tested so low that it's going for extensive reshoots.

My gut tells me that if they had a product they were proud of? We would've heard some (hell, ANY) buzz by now. In fact, there'd be an aggressive campaign afoot...
This could very well be the G1980 of the new franchise. :doh: I wonder if it's too late for "Husker" Adama to have a CGI beard put on him... :P

Posted Image EJO, narrating B&C as a flashback... :lol:

PS: No, I didn't make that; wish I did. Found it on a Google search... :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

I'm hoping that Syfy is actually doing it right keeping quiet until they have a satisfactory product. I'd rather wait and be surprised than have teaser after teaser. Look at Terminator Salvation, teaser after teaser and ruined the plot by giving away something they shouldn't of.

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 19 July 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

I'm hoping that Syfy is actually doing it right keeping quiet until they have a satisfactory product. I'd rather wait and be surprised than have teaser after teaser. Look at Terminator Salvation, teaser after teaser and ruined the plot by giving away something they shouldn't of.

Sorry P, I'm still chuckling at your first sentence...'hoping SyFy is actually doing it right.' :lol: :P
Terminator Salvation kind of ruined itself as well, but that's another thread.

But yes, P; like you, it'd be nice if SyFy gets their act together and does this right. We'll see.... ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

I'm betting January of 2012.

#10 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

OH for my B-Day. How thoughtful! :buttrock: :blush:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 20 July 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

OH for my B-Day. How thoughtful! :buttrock: :blush:

In this case, we ALL hope you get a nice present! :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

IMDB currently lists the pilot as airing in October.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

View Postmaneth, on 31 July 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

IMDB currently lists the pilot as airing in October.

That's what they said at the BSG panel, too.

I guess this Halloween we'll be getting either a trick or a treat. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

My guess is that they are laying low because of all the pre-bad publicity that was coming out before it was even in production. Difficult to know what is going through their heads. I am interested in seeing what they do. I am willing to give it a chance. I say October of this year...if it flies then out will come the season in time for January 2012
Posted Image

Second to None!

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 31 July 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

My guess is that they are laying low because of all the pre-bad publicity that was coming out before it was even in production. Difficult to know what is going through their heads. I am interested in seeing what they do. I am willing to give it a chance. I say October of this year...if it flies then out will come the season in time for January 2012

With only a couple of months until release, they are already killing it in it's crib with a lack of press. Typical SyFy; they did the same to Caprica as well.
They shouldn't be surprised if this 'strategy' of theirs yields the same result. :cylonnono:

And yes, this could also be that B&C is not what they expected, either. But since this is a pilot? They could give it a BIT more publicity so that SOMEONE watches it.
As it is, I've spoken to BSG fans in my circle who haven't even heard of Blood and Chrome yet...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Besides not being run over the course of 2 days or whatever what is the difference between a mini series and a backdoor pilot movie event? Are they not essentially the same?
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 31 July 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Besides not being run over the course of 2 days or whatever what is the difference between a mini series and a backdoor pilot movie event? Are they not essentially the same?

Yes, they really are.
Sometimes however, they will show movie pilots or miniseries that were rejected already (by the studios), just to try to regain production costs. This was common practice in the '70s when networks would show 'movie-of-the-week' events. Those were often rejected pilots that were trying to recoup costs through a one-shot airing. The old TV series "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" (1974) did this TWICE by airing both of it's pilots separately as TV movies; "The Night Stalker" and a sequel called "The Night Strangler." Both pilots were not included in the Kolchak dvd series set.

It sounds like they're cautiously gauging whether B&C will fly or not, rather than commit to it the way they did with Caprica (which, if I remember, took forever to get a green light). As much as I personally love BSG there really isn't a big market for it, sadly....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 31 July 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

With only a couple of months until release, they are already killing it in it's crib with a lack of press. Typical SyFy; they did the same to Caprica as well.
They shouldn't be surprised if this 'strategy' of theirs yields the same result. :cylonnono:

And yes, this could also be that B&C is not what they expected, either. But since this is a pilot? They could give it a BIT more publicity so that SOMEONE watches it.
As it is, I've spoken to BSG fans in my circle who haven't even heard of Blood and Chrome yet...

Could be that the network doesn't have the funds to market it...that could be the other flipside, or have found sponsors for the show.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#19 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 31 July 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

Could be that the network doesn't have the funds to market it...that could be the other flipside, or have found sponsors for the show.

Or the faith... :unsure:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Or the faith... :unsure:

Indeed...that could be the other side of the proverbial coin. It is a shame that they don't have faith in their own product. Maybe they should do more production planning before initiating a project. That way they can have more faith in their product. Rule of thumb in Hollywood, the more marketing dollars they put behind a movie is a strong indication as to their confidence in the product. So if you don't see a movie being plugged it is due to poor production value. So this could be it, that Blood and Chrome pilot just sucks...
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.