GalacticaBBS: Walter Koenig Gets His Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Walter Koenig Gets His Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Today The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce finally filled out their Star Trek set, by including Koenig on their list of 2012 honorees. In addition to Koenig, the list of 25 new honorees includes Star Trek: Generationís Malcolm McDowell, Batmanís Adam West, recording artists Boyz II Men and Simpsonís creator Matt Groening.

No date is set yet for Walter to get his star but he and the other recipients have five years to schedule ceremonies.

Source: trekmovie.com
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

View PostRavenshayde, on 22 June 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Today The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce finally filled out their Star Trek set, by including Koenig on their list of 2012 honorees. In addition to Koenig, the list of 25 new honorees includes Star Trek: Generationís Malcolm McDowell, Batmanís Adam West, recording artists Boyz II Men and Simpsonís creator Matt Groening.

No date is set yet for Walter to get his star but he and the other recipients have five years to schedule ceremonies.

Source: trekmovie.com

Good news! Woo hoo!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Good for him; I didn't have a particularly pleasant experience when I first met him in 2004 (he really really snide with me for some reason; quite the opposite of most Trek cast meets I've had), but hey; we all have crappy days, right? It's nice to complete the 'collection' of TOS cast members having stars on the walk. It's the completist in me, again. The same impulse that got me to buy the special edition dvd of Star Trek V, as well as Insurrection and Nemesis! :doh: :lol:

And of course, my heart went out to Mr Koenig and his entire family when his son Andrew Koenig (who played a brilliant Joker in the Batman fanfilm "Dead End") tragically killed himself in February of last year. Maybe this star is a bit of 'good karma' to help buffer against some of his recent sadness...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 22 June 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

And of course, my heart went out to Mr Koenig and his entire family when his son Andrew Koenig (who played a brilliant Joker in the Batman fanfilm "Dead End") tragically killed himself in February of last year. Maybe this star is a bit of 'good karma' to help buffer against some of his recent sadness...

Get out of my head! I was thinking this when I read about him getting his star finally. OH great Baltar gets a Six :sixanime004: and I get OT telling me not to go see Greeen Lantern. NOT FAIR!!!!!! :crybaby:
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostZipper, on 24 June 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Get out of my head! I was thinking this when I read about him getting his star finally. OH great Baltar gets a Six :sixanime004: and I get OT telling me not to go see Greeen Lantern. NOT FAIR!!!!!! :crybaby:

Even Adama got his ex-wife (those colonials are really prone to waking hallucinations!).
But what does poor Zipper get? A broken down middle aged Cylon! :argh: Oh, life can be sooo cruel sometimes.... :cylonnono: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.