GalacticaBBS: Doctor Who does Batman - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Doctor Who does Batman

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

Posted Image

Matt Smith, traded his Doctor Who attire of tweed jacket and bow tie for the Batman cape and cowl over the weekend.

The British actor was playing a comedic Batman over the weekend for an event called 24 Hour Plays (the plays are written the night before by various playwrights, then the actors have only a day of rehearsals before going live on stage) in Santa Monica, California.

The Telegraph reports:

At the start of his play—called Gotham Autopsy—Smith was covered in a sheet in a mortuary before he came to life as a confused Batman. Comedian and Don't Mess With Zohan star Nick Swardson starred as Robin. Also in his play was Kick Ass star Lyndsy Fonseca and fellow Brit Saffron Burrows. Half-way through the 20 minute skit Smith dropped his fake American accent and became a cockney to huge laughs from the audience.
Just like his predecessor, actor David Tennant (next to be seen in Fright Night), who played the Doctor for over four years before him, Smith is trying to make it big in Hollywood, and this was a chance for him to stretch his legs and show Hollywood what he's made of.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

Too young for Batman... he should've played Robin! :P :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Robin should have been a girl :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

I agree. Geeks of the world would cry, but I wouldn't mind seeing a girl taking up the part in the new Batman style.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

View PostRavenshayde, on 22 June 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

Robin should be THAT girl.... :naughty3dg:

From what my wife says (she's a bigger DC comics fan than I am), Robin has been a girl at one point in the comics. Dick Grayson was the first, but has not been the last. I also think one of the 'Robins' was a black male as well. And yes, you see TONS of sexy female Robin costumes at San Diego Comic Con, too...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:41 AM

Oh yes... they replaced Robin when he moved on to become his own hero, I can't remember what happened to that one. But then there was Tim Drake who again moved on... I think Dick Grayson took over the Batman persona with Bruce Waynes son as Robin and at some stage one of the Batgirls was Robin.

I think. I may need to Google this...
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 23 June 2011 - 03:41 AM, said:

Oh yes... they replaced Robin when he moved on to become his own hero, I can't remember what happened to that one. But then there was Tim Drake who again moved on... I think Dick Grayson took over the Batman persona with Bruce Waynes son as Robin and at some stage one of the Batgirls was Robin.

I think. I may need to Google this...

My wife says Grayson (Robin #1) became "Nightwing"; whoever the hell that was/is (again; my wife's a DC fan... always been more of a classic Marvel fan myself; Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Fou... the comics, not necessarily the movies). Hope I saved you a Google or two... :P

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• GBBS Admin & News Contributor - Callsign Survivor
  • View blog
  • Group: Forum Admins

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Yup, Dick Grayson was Nightwing, became Batman for a little bit, and in September will be Nightwing once again when the DCnU stuff reboots.

Stephanie Brown was the 4th Robin and girlfriend of the 3rd (Tim Drake). If I remember correctly, she volunteered to be Robin when Tim resigned.

#9 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostRavenshayde, on 22 June 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

THREAD :wub:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

WHO?!

(I just had the NEED to put a WHO? in a Who thread... It happens to every Cylon, at some point in his life - totally normal... :blush:)
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.