#1 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

Hey Guys,

I was reading all about possibly improving the board.
Which is always awsome. I mean not that it needs much improving because I think it is already awsome.
But I was thinking of some possible feedback you could use when improving the board, or not of course:)
For me personally I always find that the board has ALOT of subforums. The seperate season things for example. That was great when the serie was still running. I don't think we really need it anymore..
I dont know how others feel about this. But for me it would be easier to find certain things if there were less options! (A real consumer huh, make it easy for me! Do NOT give me any options XD).

Secondly theres something weird tha happens to me when I try to go to the website not from my own laptop (where it is, of course bookmarked).
I go to google and look for the link but it always comes up: http://url123.info/66686d05
'Link is missing'. This is when I go to www.galacticabbs.com from google. I dont know if anyone else has this. BUt then when y do it with /forum (or whatever), it does work.
Very strange :| I just thought i'd report :)

Anyway, you can use this feedback or not use it. Ill be happy either way I just thought to give my input.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

I like the idea of streamlining - but... most people know thats a preference :P I think it's always better for outsiders/newcomers to see the board is busy. with the core members we have here, there's never a shortage of new posts but... the lesser used forums that may have outlived their purpose will always seem inactive and may put off a newcomer to sign up.

Thats just my theory - so I might be wrong.

...and I tend to bookmark the active posts link instead of the main forums as it's a time saver for me ;)
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#3 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I also agree that it is generally better to have a few busy subforums than many empty ones. But ultimately I think that would be up to Zipper.

As for the other issue, such tech problems are beyond me. I'd recommend notifying Tom.

#4 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

The subforums would be cool either way... As long as they are all Cylon-Knight related ;) :P

The other, yeah, that link thing sounds goofed up. Have Tom look into that one.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

Thanks so much Nan for your compliments and suggestions. Both are very welcome here!

I would like to keep the board spread out as it is for now since BBC America is reairing the series. Who knows but hopefully we can gain some more members here that have an interest in the show. Once that is complete I think an streamlining of the forum is in order for sure. I have been working on getting the Gallery finished up for now. So much I still want to do with this site.

As far as the technical issue I will forward it on to Tom to see what's going on.

Thanks again Nan and anyone for putting their two cents in to make this a better site.
Posted Image

#6 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

Couldn't log in last night or this morning... felt the room getting smaller... felt the oxygen... *gasp* .... level... falling..... :argh: :argh: :argh:

But thanks to 'the dream team' behind GBBS, all is groovy now! Thanks, guys!! :cylonclap: :thumbup:

--OT, dying of thirst without his virtual Cheers. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 23 October 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Couldn't log in last night or this morning... felt the room getting smaller... felt the oxygen... *gasp* .... level... falling..... :argh: :argh: :argh:

But thanks to 'the dream team' behind GBBS, all is groovy now! Thanks, guys!! :cylonclap: :thumbup:

Ive been breathing in a bag for an hour or 3 then my friends came to take me away.
They knew that waiting for BBS to come back online would be harmfull for my health LOL :)
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 23 October 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

Hum a machine that depends on O2 levels. Must be a hybrid. I think we found OT's secret.

Ive been breathing in a bag for an hour or 3 then my friends came to take me away.
They knew that waiting for BBS to come back online would be harmfull for my health LOL

Glad they didn't have to take you away and put you into a padded room.

Well Tom informed me that it was a server issue and that he has backed up the database and is on top of the issue. Thanks to all that let me know what was going on here. We are fortunate that we haven't had too many issues with the stability of the site. We also will continue to work hard at keeping this site as robust and issue free as possible.

Darn Cylon Viruses.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.