GalacticaBBS: Stargate Universe finale ratings highest since November - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Stargate Universe finale ratings highest since November

#1 User is online   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

Stargate Universe headed into the cancellation void with a bit of a bang last night, scoring the show’s highest ratings since “Visitation,” the ninth episode of the season, aired last November.

As fans around the world bid goodbye to the third series and the Stargate franchise (at least on television), an estimated 1.134 million viewers (Live + Same Day) tuned in to the final episode of SGU. “Gauntlet” marked a 14 percent improvement over last week’s episode, and scored a 0.5 rating in the Adults 18 to 49 demographic.

The finale wasn’t any help as a lead-in to Sanctuary, unfortunately. The show followed SGU at 10 p.m. on Monday with just 756,000 viewers estimated for the episode “Wingman” (0.2 demo rating). This is a 10 percent drop from last week’s episode. Since the show moved to Mondays last month, it has lost more viewers every week — now at 47 percent down from the last episode to air on a Friday.

On the big networks, Dancing With the Stars dominated with 20.7 million viewers over two hours on ABC (8-10 p.m.). CBS’s sitcom pairing of a repeat of Two and a Half Men and a new Mike & Molly earned 6.5 million and 7.6 million, respectively. FOX’s The Chicago Code earned 5.7 million, and NBC picked up a little over 5 million with Law & Order: Los Angeles.

On Friday last week, WWE Smackdown turned in another 2.793 million viewer night. More significant is that 10 p.m. time slot, formerly occupied by Sanctuary. In its second week on Friday night, new reality series Urban Legends (narrated by Atlantis‘s David Hewlett) earned 1.090 million viewers — down 16 percent from its Friday night debut the previous week.

Source: Gateworld.net

#2 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Out with a bang! That's the way to go. Now the DVDs will start to flow with HOURS of extras, I love DVDs :)
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   eliteone Icon

• Backup Admin - GalacticaBBS.com Callsign Empress
  • View blog
  • Group: Galactica.com Staff

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Wonder if we'll see another Stargate series?
Posted Image
My Secret World Cabal Site
Posted Image
You can also visit me @ This site

#4 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hummmmm... I wonder if they will try an animated one soon. Sort like Clone Wars. Think?
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

What happened to the animated series they had?
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.