GalacticaBBS: Torchwood: Miracle Day Premiere Date Announced - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Torchwood: Miracle Day Premiere Date Announced

#1 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

Torchwood Miracle Day, is set to hit US screens on 8th July.

There is yet no official UK transmission date for the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood, Miracle Day. But in the US, the Starz network has confirmed when it will be airing the show.

Torchwood: Miracle Day will be premiering on July 8th on Starz.

Source: DenofGeek
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Bill Icon

• TU Forum Manager - Callsign Defiant

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Nothing like waiting till the last minute. Ordering Starz today. One more day till premiere!
www.trekunited.com

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

One of these centuries I really need to get 'caught up' on Torchwood. I'm getting STARZ on my satellite service (but only for another five or so months), and I also have access to it on Netflix. I've watched a few random episodes from the early series of the show (they weren't really that impressive, IMO; it felt like a fantasy motif X-Files with lots of random sexy stuff thrown in). However, from what I've been told (by my 'spoiler canaries' on this site for whom I'm very grateful) that "Children of Earth" changed everything. And yet I keep putting off watching it (for no really good reason, either). I just don't know why am I so reluctant to get into another franchise!

Oi, I really don't understand myself at times.... :wacko:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Finally watched Miracle Day this morning; even as a Johnny-come-lately to Torchwood, I still know the gist of what happened in the previous series (thanks to Raven and Baltar; as well as references to it in DW), so I felt more or less up to speed.

***A FEW SPOILERS; DEAL! ;) ****
Well, I enjoyed it! It was great. Feature-film production values. Much more 'epic' in feel than the previous episodes of series 1 and 2 I'd seen (which always felt kind of like half-baked X-Files leftovers to me, for some reason). It had intrigue, and a deeply disturbing and chilling premise (never realized how truly valuable and essential death is to us); the poor burned corpse-guy was like something out of a George Romero-esque nightmare. Immortality would very well be a living hell. And Bill Pullman as the monster who cheats death row... what a wonderful and unexpected turn for "Lone Starr" himself (from Spaceballs); or the president from "ID4." He really played evil well. Seeing Jack Harkness again was like catching up with an old friend (or an immortal-turned-mysteriously-mortal friend). He just slips right back into place, bringing his characteristic light touch to what could've been a very somber show indeed. The first half-hour or so almost made BSG look like a 5 year old's birthday party. :fear:

I look forward to more; in fact, next Friday (not this week, but the 21st), I plan to attend the TW panel at Comic Con.... and yes, I promise pics! ;) :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Cut and pasted my post from the "Nerding Up" thread to the more appropriate TW thread...

Still blown away by how GOOD Torchwood: Children of Earth (and the premiere of series 4) was.... I actually enjoyed it much more than series 6 of Doctor Who. TW's much more mature and sophisticated. And frankly, I'm just a wee bit out of love with the 'fairy tale/Harry Potter-esque' approach to DW in the last couple of years, even though I enjoyed the "River revelation" finale, it took quite a few misfires to get to that point (like the first whole half of series 5, and a couple in six). I miss the slightly more scifi approach of the RTD years (I know; minority opinion, that one. Can't help it). :blush:

And no offense to Matt Smith, but I really miss David Tennant more and more every day (gritting teeth and all...)
Discovering series 3 and 4 of Torchwood (after I'd more or less abandoned it after the lackluster early years) was like a sweet consolation prize. :thumbup:

Now I feel energized to see the Torchwood panel at Comic Con next Friday (the 20th). At first, I was going to that panel just to 'squat' (save a seat) for the "Walking Dead" and "Big Bang Theory" panels that followed it. Now, I'm genuinely stoked for TW as well.... :clap:

Can't wait for the rest of the series; my Starz subscription runs out by years' end. Hope it finishes before then.... :unsure:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

My thoughts on Torchwood so far (cut and pasted from the 'last thing you watched on TV thread)....

Just watched Episode 4 of Torchwood: Miracle Day. So far, I am really digging this show; it's a lot of fun!

Got one hell of a kick out of seeing the Torchwood team in Venice Beach (I was just at Venice Beach less than a month ago). For some reason, it kind of reminds me of Star Trek 4 when the Enterprise crew are all over San Francisco. That same 'fish out of water' feel. Gwen's American accent (which she 'unveiled' for us at Comic Con) did sound kind of "Jersey Shores"; loved it, though! Love her "Hot diggedy!" That was cute... :lol:

Eve Myles and John Barrowman totally lit up the TW panel at CC. Her and Barrowman remind me of the old '60s series, The Avengers. IMO, they are like next generation versions of John Steed and Emma Peel. Only now, one's a voracious bi and the other a working mother. How wonderfully modern! :thumbup:

Also liked Mare Winningham's (former Brat Packer) turn as the Tea Party "Dead is Dead" lady (and her own "Twilight-Zone-ironic-as-hell" fate! :doh: Ouch... that's gonna leave a mark!). Overall, I like series 4 very much (the US locales are a hoot; seeing places VERY familiar to me makes me giggle and point at the screen like an idiot, sometimes; even more embarrassing if I'm eating or drinking something; arms flailing like an excited Wookie). :w00t:

But overall so far, with 4 episodes in? I'd have to say "Children of Earth" was BY FAR the best of the TW series I've seen to date (there's still a dozen or more episodes in series 1, 2 I haven't seen yet). But "CoE" is unmatched in sheer, nail-biting intensity by the rest of what I've seen so far...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Im not seeing miracle day on netflix. Am I missing it?
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 30 July 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

Im not seeing miracle day on netflix. Am I missing it?

It's not there yet. Miracle Day is the subtitle of Torchwood's new 4th season (or series). However, Torchwood series 1-3 ARE on Netlfix under just Torchwood (with 3 being the stunning Children of Men five episode miniseries; you could pretty much start with that one, if you have even just a tiny bit of TW literacy). Just FYI. Hope you get a chance to watch! ;)

The latest season Miracle Day is also available on i-tunes, I believe. Or even Starz on demand if you have that service.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   Bill Icon

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

I just caught up on the episodes 3 and 4 on my DVR. I think it may be ep. 6 or7 before this story arc really hits its stride. I am enjoying it overall.
www.trekunited.com

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

View PostBill, on 02 August 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

I just caught up on the episodes 3 and 4 on my DVR. I think it may be ep. 6 or7 before this story arc really hits its stride. I am enjoying it overall.

It really is good stuff; overall, I'd say the quality of the latest season (series) is in keeping with "Children of Earth" if not quite as exciting. And I enjoy the new additions to the Torchwood universe (even the one I thought was going to be the generic 'cute blonde' of the team is getting interesting; by saddling her with a dysfunctional family). I wonder; if TW goes back to Wales, will the new cast members come with? Or will Gwen and Jack stay in the US?

Knowing how Russell T Davies kind of flies by the seat of his pants (trousers, for all you Brits :P ), I kind of doubt he's seeing that far ahead.... :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

Miracle Day took a MAJOR spike in upping the dramatic ante last night; at this point? It stands poised to be even BETTER than "Children of Earth" (if that's possible; or if my heart can take it). :argh:

These days, I'm being sincere when I ask, "Doctor Who?" :lol: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   Bill Icon

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

With that post OT, I am excited, I haven't seen this episode yet.
I DVR'd it, and will catch it tonight when things are quiet.
www.trekunited.com

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

View PostBill, on 07 August 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

With that post OT, I am excited, I haven't seen this episode yet.
I DVR'd it, and will catch it tonight when things are quiet.

I dare say it was IMO the best episode of this year... so far. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   Bill Icon

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

Thankfully it was a rainy day yesterday. I finally saw the episode.
I agree with it being the best so far. The story is really is kicking into high gear.
www.trekunited.com

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostBill, on 08 August 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Thankfully it was a rainy day yesterday. I finally saw the episode.
I agree with it being the best so far. The story is really is kicking into high gear.

Have you heard how many episodes they're planning for this year, Bill?
My free Starz channel runs out in January... hope it lasts until then. :unsure: :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   Bill Icon

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

If I am not mistaken this is a ten episode season.

I hope they have the numbers for another season.
Which is tough when its a pay channel with fewer viewers.
www.trekunited.com

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostBill, on 09 August 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

If I am not mistaken this is a ten episode season.

I hope they have the numbers for another season.
Which is tough when its a pay channel with fewer viewers.

As long as this season finishes before January... THEN I can make a decision to renew Starz or not. I was almost going to say 'I wish it were on SyFy' until I caught myself and realized what a STUPID idea that was...
:doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

This toaster likes torch wood.but I just moved and lost access to stars.dag nab it.....

#19 User is offline   Bill Icon

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 09 August 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:

As long as this season finishes before January... THEN I can make a decision to renew Starz or not. I was almost going to say 'I wish it were on SyFy' until I caught myself and realized what a STUPID idea that was...
:doh:

The series should be 10 weeks in a row so we are half way there. Looking forward to tomorrow nights episode "The Middle Men"

Can you imagine how badly SeeFee would screw up Torchwood.
Although their Monday night lineup has redeemed them. Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas.
I also enjoy Haven on Fridays.
www.trekunited.com

#20 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostBill, on 11 August 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

The series should be 10 weeks in a row so we are half way there. Looking forward to tomorrow nights episode "The Middle Men"

Can you imagine how badly SeeFee would screw up Torchwood.
Although their Monday night lineup has redeemed them. Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas.
I also enjoy Haven on Fridays.

And they just canceled Eureka; can't say I'm shocked. Leave it to Syphilis channel to bungle on of their few decent remaining franchises (after all the promotion it got at Comic Con, too). :cylonnono:
But yeah, if they had TW? They trash it for sure. Jack would suddenly become a straight, asexual boy scout (with only the occasional female dalliance).
Sure, they had innuendo on BSG, but it was relatively sotto voce. Nowhere near what it is on TW....
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.