GalacticaBBS: No Mercy. - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

No Mercy. A short story by Cylon-Knight

#1 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

I have had a chunk of my part from our past RPG, Chrion on my desktop for some time. I wanted to re-tool it into a short story and guess what lowly humans! I DID
Hope you like it - if not, read it again till you do. :cylonanime01:

~No Mercy~

By Your Command.
"By Your Command. Basestar is now in orbit of the planet." stated the Navigation Centurion.

"Our orders from Cylon are to ensure there are no survivors within the Science Station. Its coordinates have been fully computed. I will proceed personally to the planet in a Raider.” replied Command Centurion Chrysus.

Chrysus' towering figure rose with subtle sounds of servos and hydraulics. As he exited the command center of the ship the Centurions at their navigation, weapons and scanning posts all kept their eye scanners fixed on their work – due both to their sense of duty and fear of their Commander.

Chrysus entered the ships' cavernous main hanger bay and walked with purpose across the massive landing platform to a group of Centurions. He quickly pointed out individual Centurions. "Centurions, cease your duties. You are reassigned to me and my Raider as Systems Operator. You as Weapons Operator. You six Centurions will operate support Raiders." Eight Centurions stirred, the senior ranking Cylon stated, "By Your Command." And they began to follow after Chrysus who was already on the move - half way to his Raider.

**Later - aboard Chrysus' Raider on route to the surface**

"If I may, Commander." A Centurion asked.

"What is it, Centurion?"

"We will land in 8.25 centons. Are we to remain aboard the Raiders, or accompany the Commander?"

"Centurion you will all accompany me, indeed, you will help carry out our mission. None of us has seen a human for some time – or had to chance to hear them cry for mercy."

"No mercy." Stated the Centurion instantly.

"CORRECT, my brother. If any human is left on the base, they will perish. The support Raiders have done several bombing runs already. Commencing atmospheric protocols and scanning of the science station. Support Raiders follow my lead and maintain formation." With the technological precision only a Cylon could posses, Chrysus plunged his Raider into the atmosphere at a momentum that would make any human pass out.

**Scanners show life forms within the station.**

Fond memories.
On the planet’s surface a short distance from the Station’s coordinates the Cylons gather outside of Chrysus’ Raider.

"Centurions, adjust scanning spectrum to include infrared and high level EM frequencies. We'll see the very heat of every human heart as it pounds. While their equipment leads us toward them like a homing beacon. What fools." said Chrysus. He continued, "The life form readings we picked up on approach have diminished. The humans have either perished or taken shelter from scans."

After a short march Chrysus and his eight Centurions approach what was the outer edge of the station... the once proud structure has been reduced to smoking rubble - stained with colonial blood. The Cylons have all scanned images like this from the report of the invasion fleet. Such destruction and broken bodies are fond memories...

"Commander, EM frequencies 54 microns ahead." The next sound in the wasteland was the arming of 9 Cylon rifles to full power.

I am prepared to show you mercy.
Laboratory Assistant Kal Daytron focused on his handheld scanner. Kal was crouched, hiding, behind a mass of twisted roofing material that had fallen to the ground after the bombings. Kal shook with fright; his right leg was wounded during the second bombing run by falling debris. Despite the pain, and blood soaked makeshift bandages, he had a determination about him as he thought to himself... *FRACK! Gods damn it... this fracking thing is half busted. I can only scan a few microns out. A Cylon! ... Frack me. First they bomb the pogees out of us. Then the idiots from the lab all run to the safe room like little girls. Not me, I AM GOING TO FIGHT. I only scan one Cylon. This blaster will take it out. They probably just send one tin can down to count the bodies and pick wallets after a bombing.* Kal gripped his blaster, taken from the emergency weapons locker, he had fired a blaster only once before but he knew that this blaster was his only hope of survival. Sweat dripped down his face… he could hear footsteps... *LORDS OF KOBAL, the corny war time videos from his youth where right! I can hear its eye scanner!*

The footsteps stopped.

Kal closed his eyes... and remembered his family on Aquarion, his house, his wife and clear blue skies...

"YYAAAHHH! I AM GOING TO FIGHT!" Screamed Kal as he dropped his scanner and leaped from behind the section of roofing. Kal came to stand face-to-face, only 8 microns from… it… from him… Commander Chrysus.
Kal stood astonished by the sight of a REAL Cylon – and by the fact that he knew its only purpose was to kill him and his friends in the safe room. Kal noticed the rifle that was aimed at him but remained defiant.

"PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON, CYLON. NOW!" Kal demanded trying to muster authority in his shaky pain-laden voice. His leap of attack hadn't done his injured leg any favors. The Cylon stood motionless and silent. Kal was unaware that the Cylon was however communicating. "FRACKIN TIN CAN! PUT YOUR WEAPON DOWN NOW!" Kal repeated as he refined his aim to the head of the Cylon.

The Cylon suddenly spoke. "Human. I am prepared to show you mercy."

"LIES!" Kal fired his blaster. Kal's second attempt to shoot a blaster was a joke and the shot did not hit the Cylon's head, it missed far to the right. Kal was dumbstruck and then - "AAAAAAAAAAAA" he screamed in pain. His hand had been shot. His blaster fell to the ground as he held his newly burned and bleeding hand to his chest and dropped to his one good knee with a second scream of agony as he realized - there were other Cylons – they were all around him. They surrounded him in a circle and closed in on him. They had been summed by Chrysus' high band communications. Every rifle was at the ready, their eye scanners all making that sound that takes your breath away...

Chrysus approached Kal and stood over him, looming. "You were the one human I was going to experiment giving mercy too before killing."

Kal interrupted Chrysus – "Mercy? KILL me?! How can that be possible - you pocket calculator?!"

Chrysus' scanner glowed intensely as his synthesized voice boomed with repulsion "Mercy in the fact you would have died unaware of the total destruction of the 12 Colonies of Man. That you would not carry the knowledge that everything, every place, and every human you ever cared about has been exterminated this day. And that you are among the last of a crushed, helpless… failed humanity. I will show you no mercy now, Human." Chrysus glanced at the Centurions and they all started to move closer.

Kal closed his eyes… and remembered his family on Aquaria, his house, his wife and clear blue skies...

Bring it.
“Commander. From the blood trail I have computed the original location of the human. Triangulation of all high level EM frequencies converge 15 microns north, 6 microns underground.” Reported a Centurion.

“Follow me, Centurion. Bring it.” stated Chrysus as he pointed.

The last of the staff of the Science Station were huddled within the safe room – 7 people cold, tired, terrified, alarmed at every blip on their scanner – they were frightened for their very lives. None of them knew anything about war – fighting – battle strategies after a bomb attack, nothing like that. They only understood beta waves, orbital decay equations, mass to acceleration ratios, and the like… under the faint white glow of the emergency lights they all intently stared at the entrance. The safe room was designed to be a secure fall-out shelter in the event of a catastrophic lab accident. It was not designed or structurally sound enough to remain hidden if the entire building suffered major damage. It was underground with an elevated entrance at the top of a short set of stairs and equipped with one standard issue scanning unit, and a compartment of emergency rations – a one week supply for 10 people.

*Amy whispered – WIDE EYED IN HORROR* “MARK, WHAT WAS THAT?!”

He replied, “Amy that was a bug making that noise. Should I step on it or shot it with this laser rifle?” Amy shot Mark the angriest stare he ever got in his life. “Okay, my Gods Amy… relax. Kal has gone out and he’ll be back. Everything will be fine… they bombed and they left. Why bother with more.”

“Exactly.” came a whisper from Tavon. “That is it exactly, Amy. Mark is right – Kal will be back and let us know everything is safe. A Battlestar is probably even been sent to help with the repair efforts. We are safe here.”

Again Amy whispered – WIDE EYED IN HORROR, “MARK! THAT was no bug!”

“GODS NO! SHUT UP EVERYONE. It was a footstep.” said Tavon. Mark shot Tavon a look – the shut the frack up, are you a frackkin’ idiot look.

The room was silent. All seven of them pulled back, into the near darkness pressing on the walls of the little room – their gazes FIXED on the entrance. Another footstep, another. They were not just walking without purpose, they were headed to the safe room. Another and another... the latch started to move! Amy buried her face in Mark’s shoulder... a slow creaking of metal started, then a loud “CLICK” as the latch disengaged and the door started to open... The bright light from the outside came in and everyone’s eyes tried to adjust.

Mark saw first, KAL! “Kal! You’re back! Everyone started to breathe again. Mark stood up, and Amy next to him. Tavon took a step toward Kal standing in the doorway, “What did you find Kal?” Amy echoed, “Kal?” At that moment Kal’s limp blood covered body fell down into the safe room. Light poured in and onto what used to be Kal – AMY SCREAMED – Marked starred in disbelief at Tavon, and then witnessed a laser bolt hit and nearly decapitate Tavon. Chrysus stood just outside the doorway. “You three... In... Kill them all.” A few short screams later – the safe room was silent once more. The Cylons started to investigate the safe room equipment and computers – they must have been important.

The silence was ended by a call from the Basestar. “Basestar to Commander Chrysus. The Imperious Leader has commanded us to Caprica. There are reports of a single surviving Battlestar. We are to pursue and destroy the Battlestar Galactica.”

“Centurions to your Raiders. Basestar prepare to leave orbit at light speed after our arrival. Destination Caprica. No Mercy for the Galactica.”

“By Your Command.”
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Wow, CK. You really get into the 'language' of TOS BSG very easily. Glen Larson (aka "The Father Creator") would be proud... :cylonclap: :thumbsup:

Good stuff. Maybe you should edit the basestar newsletter! :cylonclap: You know, the one that's attached to our paychecks? :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

By Your Command - on page 3
;)
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Zoe Icon

• Callsign: Eos
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing, Science, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Arts (Graphic, Poetic, Literary, Dance) Martial Arts & Philosophy

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

LOVE IT
Posted Image

Never Give Up Your Dreams...

LOVE, Lynn

#5 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Thanks Zoe!!! HOW ARE YOU!?!
Hope that all is well. Good to have my back my fiend. :)
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

I like that Cylon Knight. Please keep it coming!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

When they make the movie, I want to play the navigation centurion... :cylon-pancarte03: :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.