GalacticaBBS: 3rd lighted galactica - GalacticaBBS

• 4 Pages +
  • « First

3rd lighted galactica

#61 User is offline   Tinman Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sci-Fi Ships & Fighters, Firefighting, Model Building, Combat Flight Sims

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Simply WOW! :jawdrop:

Man C75, you have hit this one OUT OF THE FRACKIN PARK - COMPLETELY OVER THE GREEN MONSTER! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

The incredible decal set and your excelent work just makes this one a museum quality work my friend.
My only carp is the switch for the electoinics on the bottom of the ship - thought this might be better on the base.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get some of these pictures and e-mail them to FINE SCALE MODELER and SCI-FI MODELER magazines. I know they will publish them. Might even make an article out of them.

Outstanding Work my Cylon Brother. :thumbsup:
TINMAN
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   cylon75 Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:sifi and nascar

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

View PostTinman, on 16 April 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Simply WOW! :jawdrop:

My only carp is the switch for the electoinics on the bottom of the ship - thought this might be better on the base.

Outstanding Work my Cylon Brother. :thumbsup:

I would have to run the wires down the tube and back up and that would have not worked so well. I figured that this was the next best option How ever i wish i could of found a smaller switch.Plus its on the bottom so it wont be seen that well.
Not all cylons are bad, only the damaged ones

#63 User is offline   cylon75 Icon

• Lieutenant

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

Here's the shots of the Galactica with the my fleet.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Screen shot:
Posted Image
My shot:
Posted Image
Screen Shot:
Posted Image
My shot:
Posted Image

#64 User is offline   Tinman Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Sci-Fi Ships & Fighters, Firefighting, Model Building, Combat Flight Sims

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

View Postcylon75, on 17 April 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

I would have to run the wires down the tube and back up and that would have not worked so well. I figured that this was the next best option How ever i wish i could of found a smaller switch.Plus its on the bottom so it wont be seen that well.

C75,
Did you ever think of useing a slide-switch? If the hull would allow it you could mount it inside the hull and the switch could be made flush with the outside and only a small hold for the switch on the underside. Another option would be a pressure-swittch - this could be mounted inside the hull and accessed by a nail, allen wrench or something small fit through a small hole in the hull to activate the switch.

Just a thought. These are easily available in many small sizes.

:nBSGsalute:
TINMAN
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   cylon75 Icon

• Lieutenant

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostTinman, on 19 April 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

C75,
Did you ever think of useing a slide-switch? If the hull would allow it you could mount it inside the hull and the switch could be made flush with the outside and only a small hold for the switch on the underside. Another option would be a pressure-swittch - this could be mounted inside the hull and accessed by a nail, allen wrench or something small fit through a small hole in the hull to activate the switch.

Just a thought. These are easily available in many small sizes.

:nBSGsalute:

Yea i looked at a lot of options but went with the easiest to install( my solder skills really suck) i figured that i was on the bottom and wouldn't see it any way for the most part.

#66 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

Awesome !! work brother.wish I had half your skills and patients....

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.