GalacticaBBS: Who is your favorite Star Trek villain; individual or species - GalacticaBBS

• 3 Pages +

Who is your favorite Star Trek villain; individual or species Not a poll; just curious

#41 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Since we're on a Trek theme, I thought I'd post this video I came across.

http://www.youtube.c...=1&feature=fvwp
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostColonialMarine, on 06 February 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

Since we're on a Trek theme, I thought I'd post this video I came across.

http://www.youtube.c...=1&feature=fvwp

Cool!

There's a great book I bought years ago (and still have) called Star Trek Phase II: The Lost Voyages.
It's a behind-the-scenes of the aborted mid-70s Star Trek series that eventually evolved into ST-TMP and TNG.
TMP's Decker and Ilia were to be regular characters rather like what happened later with Riker and Troi.

It also has the complete shooting script to the pilot, "In Thy Image" (the story that turned into ST-TMP) as well as synopses of the unfilmed scripts.
A few of them went on to become TNG scripts (such as "Devil's Due" and "The Child"). Some are being shot as episodes of the online fan series, "ST-New Voyages/Phase II."
There was a cool Klingon script called "Kutumba" where the Klingons were much different than the Klingons we see in TNG; they were a sophisticated, cultured, disciplined people (a detour from either TNG or TOS, for that matter) with a child emperor (imagine Bernardo Bertolucci's "Last Emperor" with bumpy foreheads). I liked the image of those Klingons; more the honorable, Feudal-era Japan type than the shaggy, surly, stereotype, Vikings/bikers in space we see later on in TNG.
New Klingon culture would've been more like a Kurosawa movie than Star Trek (and I LOVE Kurosawa movies!).
:cylonclap:

Of course, writing for them on a weekly basis would've been a bitch though. But it was intriguing (in fact, I think ST-TNV/P2 is shooting it right now).
Star Trek phase II/Behind-the-scenes, "Kutumba"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Flying pancakes. RUN!
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 06 February 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Flying pancakes. RUN!

You mean the rubber vomit creatures of TOS' Operation Annihilate?
I found out recently (in the book "Star Trek 365" by Paula Block and Terry Erdman) that the Denevan parasites actually were made from the old gag rubber vomit toys they used to make (I remember we had one in my family; good times!).

Posted Image

"Woa, Spock. No more Plomeek soup for YOU, buddy... back to sickbay!"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Speaking of Kirk, some of the most interesting villains in Trek are the regular crew's own mirror-universe counterparts of themselves.

All hail the Empress!

Tyler will always be a twerp.

Indeed I will. :P

#46 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 08 February 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:

All hail the Empress!
Indeed I will. :P

Actually, the ENT mirror episodes were completely awesome, right down to the altered credits. And I loved how it made no attempt to bridge to the 'normal' universe (i.e, a framing story, or having one of the regulars trapped in the mirror universe, for example). Even to the point of killing off Archer (among many others)! That was a really b@llsy two-parter. And the 'evil' Sato really rocked the roost. I'm willing to bet that her catfight with a bare midriff ponytailed T'Pol has no doubt inspired countless fanboy (shall we say) 'vivid dreams' for years and years. ;) :P

And no, EE; you're not a twerp... you're a geek! Like us! :cylon-pancarte02: :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 User is offline   Locky Log Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Scifi, history, politics, acting, philosophy, bicycling and last but not least BBQ

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

love the Vorta, they have the grace of a diplomat and utter ruthlessness ... the ferengie have a term of the most feared creature "the smiling partner" ... thats the Vorta :naughty3dg:

in terms of playfulness and fascination ... it has to be one of the few jewls of Star Trek voyager ... the "Think tank"
Posted Image
that's how the borg should have been ... not too distant, brilliant, ambivalent and utterly ruthless :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Precisely because of human fallibility, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Carl Sagan

#48 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

The Vorta are great villains because everything evil that they do is done under that false guise of diplomacy and tact. A race of kiss a$$ suck-ups! :lol:
It's like a race of middle management yuppies (which is pretty much their role in the Dominion; the buffer between the Jem Hadar and the Founders).

Posted Image Although THIS Vorta (Kilana from "The Ship") is smoking hot! :naughty3dg:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 User is offline   lightning31659 Icon

• Major

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image
the best star trek bad guys ever
Posted Image

#50 User is online   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 February 2011 - 10:07 AM, said:

smoking hot! :naughty3dg:

It was upsetting she never made a return.

But I like the Vorta. The politicians, civil servants, always lying with a smile. There's such awonderful honesty to them that I can't help but love, especially with Jeffey Coombs performance.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#51 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 11 February 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

It was upsetting she never made a return.

But I like the Vorta. The politicians, civil servants, always lying with a smile. There's such awonderful honesty to them that I can't help but love, especially with Jeffey Coombs performance.

Jeffrey Combs' Weyoun was to the Vorta race what Quark and Worf were to the Ferengi and Klingon races (respectively); he was the face of his race, so-to-speak.
Whenever I think of the Vorta, his Weyoun is the perfect illustration that comes to mind. But Jeffrey Combs is brilliant in whatever he does (I also loved his Dr Herbert West in the "Re-Animator" horror franchise).
:cylonclap:

Posted Image Killing with kindness personified...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 User is offline   Boomer Icon

• Captain
  • Interests:BSG, Star trek, Star wars, X-files, Babylon-5...

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

Мy favorite enemy character is the Borg queen. My favorite enemy race are the Romulans.

#53 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

People, where is the Pakled love!!??

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 26 September 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

The 'special needs' aliens... :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 User is online   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 26 September 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

Of all the concepts that were never thought through... this was one of them. How many Pakled's are sitting in broken ships around the Galaxy hitting the warp core with a stick?
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#56 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

:roflmao:
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 27 September 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

Of all the concepts that were never thought through... this was one of them. How many Pakled's are sitting in broken ships around the Galaxy hitting the warp core with a stick?

I never really understood the 'threat' of interstellar retarded people... did they steal their technology? How? Their 'trap' for Geordi was undone by a bad bluff from the Enterprise. They don't seem clever enough to incorporate stolen alien tech into their own (let alone reverse engineer it). The Pakleds are possibly the WORST idea for an alien race in any scifi show... anywhere.

Come to think of it, they were just one of many really BAD ideas introduced in those early years of ST-TNG. Right up there with such gems as Worf's "vicious animal things" ("Hide and Q"), Data's calling the Edo deity a "god-thing" ("Justice"; another contender for worst episode IMO) and Picard's classic "Shut up, Wesley" ("Datalore", I think). Come to think of it, maybe the Pakleds were based on the first year's production team .... :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.