GalacticaBBS: Blood & Chrome "Adama" is cast; and it's NOT Nico Cortez, sadly... - GalacticaBBS

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood & Chrome "Adama" is cast; and it's NOT Nico Cortez, sadly...

#61 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 18 March 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

As far as recycling goes, it depends on who they are recycling. For example, if they brought Katee back. I would be all to happy. Glued to the TV I would be. She is too damn sexy for me to ignore her.

That would put the nail in the coffin for me. They just can't do major characters back to back like that.
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 18 March 2011 - 10:18 PM, said:

Katee Sackhoff is WAAAAAAYYYY too memorable to recycle. That would IMO push what little credibility B&C has (if any) into the "G1980-bad" zone for me. :cylonnono:

I agree KS is a marvelous actress, but all the more reason you can't reuse her; she's will always be Starbuck in the BSG universe. No question.
And no offense buddy, but Megan Fox is really a bad actress IMO. Nice eye candy, yes; but as an actress? She's not up to BSG/Caprica level, I'm afraid. :cylonnono:

But something tells me a few more "Jonah Hexes" or "Jennifer's Bodies" in her career, and you will see Ms Fox on the small screen very soon....

What he said. Katee is a fantastic actress, but putting her in another BSG show is a terrible idea that would completely kill all hope of credibility. Hell, we're already almost at that point with the recycling of Durham.

And yeah, Megan Fox is hotter than hell's doorknobs, but she's not much of an actress.

#63 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 March 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

That would put the nail in the coffin for me. They just can't do major characters back to back like that.

I guess my point is that if they are going to bring back minor actors to play major roles, why not bring back someone who proved to be a ratings grabber. IMO.

Capt. T.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#64 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 19 March 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

What he said. Katee is a fantastic actress, but putting her in another BSG show is a terrible idea that would completely kill all hope of credibility. Hell, we're already almost at that point with the recycling of Durham.

And yeah, Megan Fox is hotter than hell's doorknobs, but she's not much of an actress.

Well, I like her and for what I saw on BSG and Caprica, she could certainly pull of the part. iMO.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#65 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I think it is wrong for SyFy (<ewwwee) to do so much effort on the cast now, and all the buzz, and what "NAMES" can we get etc. etc. etc. What they NEED to do it -oh I dunno-MAYBE-(just maybe) .... ensure the plot characters and story lines are all thought out well and the show will be worth even filming!

To me, so far, it feels like the show is being tossed together with "parts from the toy box." Nothing new, SyFy is just putting "Legos" together into another toy as it were...
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 March 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

I think it is wrong for SyFy (<ewwwee) to do so much effort on the cast now, and all the buzz, and what "NAMES" can we get etc. etc. etc. What they NEED to do it -oh I dunno-MAYBE-(just maybe) .... ensure the plot characters and story lines are all thought out well and the show will be worth even filming!

To me, so far, it feels like the show is being tossed together with "parts from the toy box." Nothing new, SyFy is just putting "Legos" together into another toy as it were...

Exactly! Like a warmed up dish full of BSG Razor-flashback leftovers masquerading as a new meal....

As for Katee again, I have to remind folks that BSG was never much of a ratings success (except for the pilot miniseries). So, the inclusion of well known BSG actor would only backfire. Personally, I think KS is a doll, but this show already has a credibility issue with casting. It'd be like plopping Mary McDonnell in there to play a colonel or something; pointless stunt casting. Stunt casting tends to break down the '4th wall' between the audience and the show; sometimes it works (Richard Hatch, for example).
Other times, it's done for comedy (George Takei and Katee's cameos on Big Bang Theory), but each time you do it, credibility takes it in the gut.

No offense to my old pal Capt T, but really; Katee in B&C would be the sort of stunt casting that would completely pop the already fragile bubble of credibility B&C has. She is right up there with EJO and MMcD in terms of her association and recognition with BSG. Like EE said, the recasting of Duram from Caprica (my favorite character on that show, by the way) really IS bad enough. The Virgis stunt worked only because BSG's Stinger was a minor character that few would remember (he was only in a couple of episodes and wore a helmet most of the time).

CK is dead on; B&C is starting to feel like a box of scraps. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 March 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

Exactly! Like a warmed up dish full of BSG Razor-flashback leftovers masquerading as a new meal....

As for Katee again, I have to remind folks that BSG was never much of a ratings success (except for the pilot miniseries). So, the inclusion of well known BSG actor would only backfire. Personally, I think KS is a doll, but this show already has a credibility issue with casting. It'd be like plopping Mary McDonnell in there to play a colonel or something; pointless stunt casting. Stunt casting tends to break down the '4th wall' between the audience and the show; sometimes it works (Richard Hatch, for example).
Other times, it's done for comedy (George Takei and Katee's cameos on Big Bang Theory), but each time you do it, credibility takes it in the gut.

No offense to my old pal Capt T, but really; Katee in B&C would be the sort of stunt casting that would completely pop the already fragile bubble of credibility B&C has. She is right up there with EJO and MMcD in terms of her association and recognition with BSG. Like EE said, the recasting of Duram from Caprica (my favorite character on that show, by the way) really IS bad enough. The Virgis stunt worked only because BSG's Stinger was a minor character that few would remember (he was only in a couple of episodes and wore a helmet most of the time).

CK is dead on; B&C is starting to feel like a box of scraps. :cylonnono:

The only reason why it feels like that is because no one is giving it a fair opportunity. Don't judge a book by its cover. Perhaps they could bring back some of the cast as special guest stars. It would be interesting to see. However, if bringing back any of the cast would in anyways damage the show then no. Don't bring them back. BSG brought Richard Hatch back and everyone was ok with that. Just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#68 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 March 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

The only reason why it feels like that is because no one is giving it a fair opportunity. Don't judge a book by its cover. Perhaps they could bring back some of the cast as special guest stars. It would be interesting to see. However, if bringing back any of the cast would in anyways damage the show then no. Don't bring them back. BSG brought Richard Hatch back and everyone was ok with that. Just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.

Richard Hatch's Tom Zarek role worked for three reasons:

* NuBSG fans didn't know him from his TOS role, so they couldn't 'mentally typecast' him.

* He played a role so totally polarized from the do-gooder TOS Apollo (add the fact that he'd aged a bit as well) that it was easier to accept him as Tom Zarek.

* Richard Hatch really sank his teeth into the role; obviously relishing an opportunity to play someone so different. He put his all into Tom Zarek.

While I have little doubt that all of the NuBSG and Caprica main actors would try very hard to form new characters, the fact that their roles in the previous shows are so recent and so memorable that there is no way to sneak them in unnoticed; NuBSG fans would have a much harder time accepting EJO as say, a doctor on a colonial medical base, that it would destroy any focus at his attempt to create a new character. People would not be able to make the distinction between a new character and EJO's Adama because he was SO memorable. Ditto for Katee Sackhoff. It's a compliment to her skill that she cannot be so easily placed in a new role in the franchise.

The only actors who could make logical appearances in B&C would be the 'Final Five' from Earth (Tigh, Ellen, Tyrol, Sam, and Tory); as during this time (the first Cylon war), they should already be AT the colonies, trying to negotiate with the colonial Cylons for a ceasefire (using resurrection technology as a bargaining tool). Maybe a little 'digital de-aging' could take a few years off of their faces as well.
Now that would make sense. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 19 March 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

The only actors who could make logical appearances in B&C would be the 'Final Five' from Earth (Tigh, Ellen, Tyrol, Sam, and Tory); as during this time (the first Cylon war), they should already be AT the colonies, trying to negotiate with the colonial Cylons for a ceasefire (using resurrection technology as a bargaining tool). Maybe a little 'digital de-aging' could take a few years off of their faces as well.
Now that would make sense. :cylonclap:

Now you're cooking with Mozolla! Right on. That is good thinking outside of the box. Fantastic. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#70 User is offline   CiCi Icon

• Callsign - Milk-Chan
  • Interests:Cooking

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Since I know nothing about this guy I'll refrain from complaining. I'm still looking forward to the show.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.