GalacticaBBS: Graphics Competition Question - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Graphics Competition Question

Poll: Graphics Competition Question (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Voting

1. I want bigger pictures. (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Leave it alone 600x600 is fine. (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. I don't care, stop asking stupid questions. (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I've been kicking the idea around for a few weeks of expanding the graphics competition to 1024x768. The original size of 600x600 was for people with slower bandwidths. Are there people on here with slower connections or would you like the pictures to be bigger????

Let me know what you think in the poll above.

#2 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

It's not an option on the poll, but how about we just do away with size restrictions altogether? I don't see how it matters aside from the (unlikely, in my view) possibility of people making pics so big so they can't be viewed properly, but if that happens, people will just lose votes.

If you don't think that's a good idea, I'd go for upping the size limit. People can still make smaller ones if they want.

#3 User is offline   Electricbolt Icon

• GBBS Admin & News Contributor - Callsign Survivor
  • View blog
  • Group: Forum Admins

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

I think at most there should be a maximum size limit, but I like the idea of allowing users to decide what size to make their images, not that I mind the current 600x600

#4 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

Point leave it alone 600x600 is fine.

Everyone working in the same size brings an equality to the contest. Also, it forces some creative work-arounds with a limit... you just can't put in a massive space ship in without thinking about fitting in text, etc. etc.
Really, the contest only has the two rules - the size and not to vote for yourself...

Larger sizes, smaller, or rectangular dimensions could be peppered in from time-to-time to mix it up. But my vote is for no change.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

I think keep both options. When not stated leave it at 600x600 but on such occasions, where it makes sense to break free of the 600x600 restriction say doing a screen saver or a poster, then allow it to reach a new size.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#6 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

What is the consensus on the size of the competition entries? Do we leave it as is? Do we submit whatever we want when we want? Or do we submit
sizes based on specifications by the current winner? Or do we just forget about it?
Posted Image

Second to None!

#7 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

I think the general feeling was leave it alone unless specifically required. I'm happy to do that :)

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 05 February 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

I think the general feeling was leave it alone unless specifically required. I'm happy to do that :)

Cool! I am all for that.
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.