GalacticaBBS: OK Got some questions for you - GalacticaBBS

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

OK Got some questions for you

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 6,012
  • Joined: 15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois USA
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

It seems like SyFy is going to go ahead with Blood and Chrome will tapping Jonas Pate to direct it.

Which to me raises several questions...

#1 Where should be put the news from Blood and Chrome? Under Battlestar News? Create another News Section just for B&C?

#2 Should I create a whole new section for B&C or put in under the Flight Deck or Colonies?

#3 If I create a whole new section for B&C what should I call it?

Sorry it's late and my mind is shutting down.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

  • Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,578
  • Joined: 29-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raxicoricophalopotorious
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

How about streamlining the Flight Deck?

- BSG (possibly with the series chat in subforums, if still needed with it being finished).
- Caprica (same as above, merging the colonies section)
- Blood & Chrome
- Tech
- Cast & Crew (for them all)
- Episode Guides (for everything)

Condensing the discussion and not having to spread the load. I say this, then I leave the thread never to return - last time I suggested something this, people liked it, mods did not - I got headaches :roflmao:
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.
0

#3 User is offline   maneth Icon

  • Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 2,980
  • Joined: 17-December 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Exploring the secrets of Destiny with Dr. Rush
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:31 AM

I second I Voted Baltar's suggestion. Condensing the flight deck would make a lot of sense. At least once Caprica ends, or has it already done so?
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35,313
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

View Postmaneth, on 14 December 2010 - 06:31 AM, said:

I second I Voted Baltar's suggestion. Condensing the flight deck would make a lot of sense. At least once Caprica ends, or has it already done so?

Yes, Caprica is officially cancelled; the last episodes aired in Canada already; they air in the US next year (and they hit dvd in the US on Dec. 22nd).

And yeah, I like the idea of streamlining the flight deck as well :cylonclap: (and get rid of that damn gift shop! :lol: ).
Since Caprica's run was so short, and dismal ratings-wise (sadly) I really don't see B&C going to a full series (unless it's pilot has incredible 'against-all-odds' ratings).
So streamlining both into the flight deck somehow would be really groovy. :disco:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#5 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

  • Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,439
  • Joined: 05-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Does Blood & Chrome need a dedicated thread before we know it actually gets picked up?
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Zipper Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 6,012
  • Joined: 15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois USA
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 14 December 2010 - 04:45 AM, said:

How about streamlining the Flight Deck?

- BSG (possibly with the series chat in subforums, if still needed with it being finished).
- Caprica (same as above, merging the colonies section)
- Blood & Chrome
- Tech
- Cast & Crew (for them all)
- Episode Guides (for everything)

Condensing the discussion and not having to spread the load. I say this, then I leave the thread never to return - last time I suggested something this, people liked it, mods did not - I got headaches :roflmao:


I never really thought of combining them all till you mentioned it. The only problem I have with it is will it make it look to jumbled? I thought since Caprica is such a totally different show to keep them seperate. But I think you have some supporters on this idea.

View Postmaneth, on 14 December 2010 - 06:31 AM, said:

I second I Voted Baltar's suggestion. Condensing the flight deck would make a lot of sense. At least once Caprica ends, or has it already done so?

The last episodes will be aired on Jan 4th here in the US. But it's done for.


View Postobsolete toaster, on 14 December 2010 - 09:04 AM, said:

Yes, Caprica is officially cancelled; the last episodes aired in Canada already; they air in the US next year (and they hit dvd in the US on Dec. 22nd).

And yeah, I like the idea of streamlining the flight deck as well :cylonclap: (and get rid of that damn gift shop! :lol: ).
Since Caprica's run was so short, and dismal ratings-wise (sadly) I really don't see B&C going to a full series (unless it's pilot has incredible 'against-all-odds' ratings).
So streamlining both into the flight deck somehow would be really groovy. :disco:

But if we get rid of the gift shop what will be done with the statue of you? Personally I think B&C is going about it all wrong. Trying to focus on Husker but he was only in such a small part of the war. What's wrong with introducting us to NEW characters. UGH I won't understand that move.

View Postdsgtdave, on 14 December 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

Does Blood & Chrome need a dedicated thread before we know it actually gets picked up?

Well like OT said I doubt it will be a series but there will be a lot of talk about it from more of a miniseries point of view.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

  • Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,011
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Maybe this isn't practical, but I'd wait until we know more about B&C before making a decision. If it's only a pilot, I reckon it shouldn't even get one subforum (just a thread like we gave Razor and The Plan), but if it gets picked up for a full season, it should probably be given the full treatment Caprica was with multiple subforums. In that case, I would condense all the Caprica subforums into one and possibly make it part of the Flight Deck.

All that said, I Voted Baltar's idea was also pretty good. I'd be behind it.
0

#8 User is offline   Zipper Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 6,012
  • Joined: 15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois USA
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 14 December 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

Maybe this isn't practical, but I'd wait until we know more about B&C before making a decision. If it's only a pilot, I reckon it shouldn't even get one subforum (just a thread like we gave Razor and The Plan), but if it gets picked up for a full season, it should probably be given the full treatment Caprica was with multiple subforums. In that case, I would condense all the Caprica subforums into one and possibly make it part of the Flight Deck.

All that said, I Voted Baltar's idea was also pretty good. I'd be behind it.



I was just trying to think ahead of things. Probably to far ahead. I think we should wait till after the 4th of Jan for major moves though as when the last five airs here in the states.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

  • THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 10,441
  • Joined: 23-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas City, Missouri
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image Just point the board to www.cylon-knight.com and succumb to the inevitable! Posted Image
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Tom Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galactica.com/GalacticaBBS.com
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 1,213
  • Joined: 08-February 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

We will just make a B&C news section for now. no need to do anymore than that until we get more on it.
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Founder & Co-Owner
Star Trek Renegades - Associate Producer
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder & Co-Manager
WalterKoenigSite.com - Webmaster of Walter Koenig's Offical Site.
PlanetXpo.com - Event Co-Organizer & Webmaster
StarTrekOfGodsAndMen.com & Renegade-Studios.com - Webmaster
0

#11 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

  • Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,578
  • Joined: 29-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raxicoricophalopotorious
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

View PostZipper, on 14 December 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

I never really thought of combining them all till you mentioned it. The only problem I have with it is will it make it look to jumbled? I thought since Caprica is such a totally different show to keep them seperate. But I think you have some supporters on this idea.


Which I'm surprised at heh.

My logic was condensing to increase usage. Say there's a forum that hasn't been used for a while (like a season forum) or might only get one or two threads in a long span of time, that could be a sub forum held within a main forum, as the main forum is more likely to be used than the season. Plus with having one forum/access point (with any subs needed within) for all, it makes it easier for newcomers to see that without scrolling down too much, and gives a better idea whee to post something which ay help boost posts numbers in that forum.

...I should have added a warning there - I have an internal monologue which does not translate well when taken out my head :(
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.
0

#12 User is offline   KnightGalactica Icon

  • Engineering Specialist
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 138
  • Joined: 22-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Singapore, SAGITTARON (NEW CAPRICA)
  • Interests:Heroes, America's Funniest Home Videos, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis,The Office,Survivor, The Amazing Race American Idol, The Dresden Files, The Apprentice, My Name Is earl, CSI, Prison Break, Supernatural, Simpsons, and Futurama, Jack of all trades, Sliders , Battlestar Galactica

    Science Friction, Eating, Sleeping, Reading Collecting Stamps & Coins, Exploring Strange New worlds, Cosplaying

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Put More BSG Related items Maybe A Pettion?
-TECH
-Personel From Fleets From Around The World
- Episode Guides
- Cast and Crew Chat & News From Conventions
- Downloads
-Fan Created Stuff
-Videos
Galen's gonna go nuts. Who ate all the donuts? Lee?
Lee Apollo! Lee Apollo!
Lee Apollo! Lee Apollo!
Lee Apollo ate them whole.
He's saying "D'oh!" "D'oh!" "D'oh!" "D'oh!" "D'oh!


Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image


Src="Swffairunourl" <embed width="150" height="180"> </ embed>
0

#13 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35,313
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

View PostKnightGalactica, on 15 December 2010 - 07:43 AM, said:

Put More BSG Related items Maybe A Pettion?
-TECH
-Personel From Fleets From Around The World
- Episode Guides
- Cast and Crew Chat & News From Conventions
- Downloads
-Fan Created Stuff
-Videos

Except maybe for the first and third items, I believe this site already has ALL of those things (and a little bit of the third, too really; as this has become a truly international site).

Every week we have fan made art competitions, a whole video section of BSG clips, Gary the Centurion episodes, etc.
There's a whole bunch of photos, etc you can download, too.
We also have a convention section as well (I've taken to submitting my annual "Comic Con" reports there as well).
And there's separate sections for BSG/Caprica tech discussions too.
Take a REALLY DEEP look into this site....

It sounds like all of those bases are covered. :cylonclap: ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#14 User is offline   p0is0n0us Icon

  • Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Posts: 5,026
  • Joined: 06-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

If we are moving things around for a new look. Is it worth maybe making a new skin for the forum? maybe more Caprica and B&C stuff when we get the graphics?
0

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35,313
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 15 December 2010 - 04:00 PM, said:

If we are moving things around for a new look. Is it worth maybe making a new skin for the forum? maybe more Caprica and B&C stuff when we get the graphics?

Change frightens and confuses me.... :fear:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#16 User is offline   Zipper Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 6,012
  • Joined: 15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois USA
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 15 December 2010 - 11:49 PM, said:

Change frightens and confuses me.... :fear:



Ok let's run it by the numbers. Close and alternate to left servo circuit.
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35,313
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

View PostZipper, on 16 December 2010 - 12:02 AM, said:

Ok let's run it by the numbers. Close and alternate to left servo circuit.

Alternating to left servo circuit.... does not respond! :argh:

:P :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Zipper Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 6,012
  • Joined: 15-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois USA
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 16 December 2010 - 10:29 AM, said:

Alternating to left servo circuit.... does not respond! :argh:

:P :lol:

Ok everyone we're closing down the flight deck, nothing to see here.... :P
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Tom Icon

  • Co-Owner of Galactica.com/GalacticaBBS.com
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Posts: 1,213
  • Joined: 08-February 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Well actually this skin would match well with BC, the red is more warlike and we are going back to galatica and space battles and such.
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Founder & Co-Owner
Star Trek Renegades - Associate Producer
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder & Co-Manager
WalterKoenigSite.com - Webmaster of Walter Koenig's Offical Site.
PlanetXpo.com - Event Co-Organizer & Webmaster
StarTrekOfGodsAndMen.com & Renegade-Studios.com - Webmaster
0

#20 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

  • Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35,313
  • Joined: 06-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostTom, on 16 December 2010 - 08:55 PM, said:

Well actually this skin would match well with BC, the red is more warlike and we are going back to galatica and space battles and such.

Agreed; the skin looks good on my Mac! :lol:

I'm on this site so much, it's practically my screen saver. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.