GalacticaBBS: Official Caprica Episode 1x13 False Labor Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode! - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Caprica Episode 1x13 False Labor Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Official Caprica Episode 1x13 False Labor Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

Airing Tonight!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

OMG!? I AM SOME SORT OF STUPID!!! I MISSED THE SHOW. I'll have to watch the next showing at 11pm my time.

:cylon-pancarte04: :cylon-pancarte04: :cylon-pancarte04:
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

A good episode; not stellar, but good. Best scene? The Cylon's "task completed. By your command" after performing a mob retaliatory strike! That was great.
Joseph's affair with his secretary was hardly surprising, but at least it gave him something to do (besides mafia bitch-work).

Daniel is still just smoking, melancholy guy... hell, who am I kidding? That's half the cast! :lol:
I liked this episode, a few semi-interesting bits, but I didn't love it sad to say.

:cylonclap: :cylonclap: 1/2 :cylonclap:

(that's two and an half clapping toasters out of four)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Good episode. I even forgive the lack of Zoe.

I really ought to hate Sam. He's a horrible person, if you look at it objectively. But damn it, he's just so awesome. This episode was a good demonstration of his incredible bad-assery.

I still like where Amanda's plot is going. Same for Daniel.

Only minor complaint is it seems a little implausible for Sam to make such good use of the Cylon so easily, but I suppose the idea is you just tell them what to do and they do it.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 27 October 2010 - 02:05 PM, said:

Good episode. I even forgive the lack of Zoe.

I really ought to hate Sam. He's a horrible person, if you look at it objectively. But damn it, he's just so awesome. This episode was a good demonstration of his incredible bad-assery.

I still like where Amanda's plot is going. Same for Daniel.

Only minor complaint is it seems a little implausible for Sam to make such good use of the Cylon so easily, but I suppose the idea is you just tell them what to do and they do it.

I wondered the same thing; an army of technicians had difficulty with the prototype, but Sam treats one like he's been using it all his life.
This is one of those rare moments however, where I so loved the scene (and was grateful for the brief but welcome Cylon-generated action) that I deliberately avoided close examination of that very question! :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

I saw it at the next showing... *sigh* Now I reflect upon it as the last Caprica - BEFORE its fall. :(
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 27 October 2010 - 10:50 PM, said:

I saw it at the next showing... *sigh* Now I reflect upon it as the last Caprica - BEFORE its fall. :(

Just as an off-the-assembly-line centurion commits it's first murder, too! :cylonnono:
Shame....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Karajorma Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 27 October 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

I wondered the same thing; an army of technicians had difficulty with the prototype, but Sam treats one like he's been using it all his life.

More than 3 months passed between then and now.

The Cylon that Sam uses is the one that isn't capable of making any kind of intuitive leaps. It lacks the very benefits that made the prototype worth having.
Diaspora - Viper Pilots needed!

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

View PostKarajorma, on 28 October 2010 - 03:56 AM, said:

More than 3 months passed between then and now.

The Cylon that Sam uses is the one that isn't capable of making any kind of intuitive leaps. It lacks the very benefits that made the prototype worth having.

I know; I mentioned in another post that it was an off-the-assembly-line centurion and not the Zoe-bot. :D
I just wondered how he got it around town without getting noticed; you'd think a shady-looking hitman walking around lobbies with a 7 ft tall killer robot might've set off someone's camera phone.
:o :lol:

And who exactly instructed Sam on how to use one? He and the Cylon seemed to have a real understanding between them. I just think that was kind of glossed over a bit (not like it matters now, sadly).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

I think the idea was probably that Cylons have an intuitive interface--that is, you tell it what to do, and it does it. Simple as that. They probably should have explained it better, although with so many plots to cover, I guess it's understandable that they didn't.

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 29 October 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

I think the idea was probably that Cylons have an intuitive interface--that is, you tell it what to do, and it does it. Simple as that. They probably should have explained it better, although with so many plots to cover, I guess it's understandable that they didn't.

Maybe a shot or two explaining that little piece of info could've substituted one or two of the endless shots of people standing around brooding and smoking... :D :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.