• You cannot reply to this topic

"BLOOD AND CHROME" Possible new BSG Series

#61 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 20 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

I would be lying if I didn't say that when the spots show up for the pilot I am gonna be excited. After all the basis the movie is based on is why I am here in the first place. I bet it will be an action packed commercial.

And really, May is almost over so this thing is right around the corner....

Any new ads for any new BSG material would quicken my heartrate, I'm sure. I just hope the final product is as good as the promise; that's the litmus test.... :cylonnono:

Sadly, it's one that Caprica really didn't deliver on until the show was almost over (I still say those last five episodes were so good they were almost a new series).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 May 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

Without the human skinjobs to give the Cylons a relatable 'face', I fear they'll just be stormtroopers in chrome... too bad. BSG made them sooo interesting.
I really hope this isn't just "Starship Troopers" version 2.0; that would SUCK (I was NOT a fan of Starship Troopers... marines killing giant, farting bugs. Wow :huh: ).

I am hoping that they will do something really intelligent with this war and make it like a classic war movie - drama, action, love, suspense and chaos. It should do quite well. By your command.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#63 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 21 May 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

I am hoping that they will do something really intelligent with this war and make it like a classic war movie - drama, action, love, suspense and chaos. It should do quite well. By your command.

Fingers crossed, but keeping my hopes at half-mast.... :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 21 May 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

Fingers crossed, but keeping my hopes at half-mast.... :D

Proactively cautious myself too, but here's hoping. :cylon-pancarte03:
Posted Image

Second to None!

#65 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I wonder how much of the 12 Colonies will play in the show? Will there be a unified military that far into the war... but "unified" ummm .... yeah
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 22 May 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

I wonder how much of the 12 Colonies will play in the show? Will there be a unified military that far into the war... but "unified" ummm .... yeah

That should be a given. I hope that they play into all 12 colonies and not just Caprica. I think or believe that the military is unified during the war, hence the 12 Battlestars. One for each colony. Makes sense to me...
Posted Image

Second to None!

#67 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

The 12 Battlestars, one for each colony isn't actually cannon to either series (I'm certain it isn't for TOS). It just doesn't make sense either really... It's obvious the 12 worlds would have the time and technology to build more over decades of war; everything would be dedicated to the war effort - as there is certainly a need for war machines. I know it is a neat tie in to the 12 system, and a long standing extended universe item - but I doubt it will become canon in Blood and Chrome.

I think if the military is unified in name, it will still be very fractured in function. We saw how the different worlds thought about either other's citizens in Caprica and even in nuBSG. I think Blood and Chrome will be much much much more a military show than any BSG incarnation prior.
Posted Image

#68 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 23 May 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

The 12 Battlestars, one for each colony isn't actually cannon to either series (I'm certain it isn't for TOS). It just doesn't make sense either really... It's obvious the 12 worlds would have the time and technology to build more over decades of war; everything would be dedicated to the war effort - as there is certainly a need for war machines. I know it is a neat tie in to the 12 system, and a long standing extended universe item - but I doubt it will become canon in Blood and Chrome.

Actually, it IS canon on NuBSG; during Doral's tour (remember he was a PR guy before he was 'outed' as a Cylon) of the soon-to-be-decommissioned Galactica in the NuBSG miniseries, he specifically mentions that in the early days of the Cylon War (1), the ol' G was one of the original 12 battlestars, one for each colony. Galactica was under the flag of Caprica (under Commander Nash; at least ONE nice piece of continuity that is being carried over into "Blood & Chrome"). So, for NuBSG at least, the original 12 battlestars were each designated for one colony.

My guess is that the time the battlestars were being mass-produced (when the war was in full swing) was probably about the same time the colonial militaries united. Because they obviously got a LOT more than 12 by the miniseries time. Kara mentions that the 30 lost battlestars (at an early point in the attack) accounted for more than a quarter of the fleet.

But you're right about TOS BSG; I don't think it was ever canon in that one.

Just my two bits of toaster info... :cylonanime01: ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 23 May 2011 - 09:25 PM, said:

Actually, it IS canon on NuBSG; during Doral's tour (remember he was a PR guy before he was 'outed' as a Cylon) of the soon-to-be-decommissioned Galactica in the NuBSG miniseries, he specifically mentions that in the early days of the Cylon War (1), the ol' G was one of the original 12 battlestars, one for each colony. Galactica was under the flag of Caprica (under Commander Nash; at least ONE nice piece of continuity that is being carried over into "Blood & Chrome"). So, for NuBSG at least, the original 12 battlestars were each designated for one colony.

My guess is that the time the battlestars were being mass-produced (when the war was in full swing) was probably about the same time the colonial militaries united. Because they obviously got a LOT more than 12 by the miniseries time. Kara mentions that the 30 lost battlestars (at an early point in the attack) accounted for more than a quarter of the fleet.

But you're right about TOS BSG; I don't think it was ever canon in that one.

Just my two bits of toaster info... :cylonanime01: ;)

I believe it was canon...don't recall making that up. One for each colony which is why there were only 12 Battlestars. Why the colonies were unprotected in the original series because they were rendez vousing with the Cylons. Then all were destroyed but the Galactica and Pegasus.
Just like in the NUBSG universe. Watch the movie again. You will see that I am right.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#70 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Nah, Classic BSG isn't 1 per colony even the Big G (Glen) said that in the past. There is a good write up on it here http://en.battlestar...Battlestar_(TOS)

And somewhere online there is a big ol article a dark page with yellow text... but I didn't search for it tonight. But it's a good read.
Posted Image

#71 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 24 May 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Nah, Classic BSG isn't 1 per colony even the Big G (Glen) said that in the past. There is a good write up on it here http://en.battlestar...Battlestar_(TOS)

And somewhere online there is a big ol article a dark page with yellow text... but I didn't search for it tonight. But it's a good read.

You might be thinking of the excellent TOS site I used to peruse called "Sheba's Galaxy.com" (it's apparently a 'ghost site' now; no new info for a long time, sadly.... :( )

I've seen "Saga of a Star World" more times than I am publicly prepared to admit...(pause for shame; :blush: ).... and I don't remember any mention of 12 battlestars with one for each colony. Now it IS canon in NuBSG (per Doral's handy PR exposition mentioned above), that in the early days of CW1 there was one per colony (and later, greatly expanded to at least more than 120; per Kara's comment that 30 battlestars equalled 'more than a quarter of the fleet').

But as for TOS BSG? As for as I know, no limits...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.