GalacticaBBS: Original Cylons - and I mean Original - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Original Cylons - and I mean Original

#1 User is offline   137th Gebirg Icon

• Callsign - Highlander
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Hey, all - in response to a special request, I had the recent opportunity to do up a quick schematics treatment for the original TOS lizard Cylons based on the intro footage from the telemovie "Experiment In Terra" (seen here). These diagrams are to be used to build a fully modeled CG rendering. Enjoy!

Posted Image Posted Image
Callsign: "Highlander"
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.
Welcome to Gebirgswick
Help support Gebirgswick Industry, Transportation, Security and Environment.

#2 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Very impressive!!
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Very cool... but I don't know about the four fingers... Centurions had five. Yeah they were humans in suits... but still that's canon now.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."¯
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

were the lizards considered human to the cylon's?

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 May 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

Very cool... but I don't know about the four fingers... Centurions had five. Yeah they were humans in suits... but still that's canon now.

Wasn't it mentioned (somewhere; can't recall where) that the Cylons began to emulate their human enemy in order to defeat them? That would explain the fifth digit (sort of).
Or maybe because (as you said) they were stuntmen in suits! :cylonnono:
Nice drawings, though. Liked the pentagon belt buckle, too! Nice continuity. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

As I take it they just offed the Lizards and were okay with that. And then they fussed with some locals the lizard Cylons might have had a standing tizzy with. When the humans butted in and were like stop being big meanies... well then humanity had to go to for being pains in the OH MY. ;)
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 20 May 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

As I take it they just offed the Lizards and were okay with that. And then they fussed with some locals the lizard Cylons might have had a standing tizzy with. When the humans butted in and were like stop being big meanies... well then humanity had to go to for being pains in the OH MY. ;)

"pains in the OH MY!" :D

CK, you have such a way with words; I can always tell your posts among the many (even if it had no ID, avatar or siggy). You are a unique voice! ;) :lol:
And you're right, too; the Cylons' enemies were the Hasaris. The humans interfered and helped liberate them.
Well, that's the HUMAN'S side of the story, anyway... :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Kmpr´rak Icon

• Junior Lieutenant
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Computer, Graphic design

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:55 AM

And they were wiped out by their children! :cylonclap:

#9 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Gen X what can you say......

#10 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

View Postsean, on 21 May 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

You got it! heehee :naughty3dg:
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 22 May 2010 - 10:51 AM, said:

You got it! heehee :naughty3dg:

Wouldn't that be baby "Boomers"? Get it? Boomer? Cylon? OK, is this thing on??? :unsure: :blush:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

View Postsean, on 21 May 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

^This
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 May 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

A friend in another forum pointed out there is a scene where Apollo explains to boxy that the Cylon (robots) copied human's bodies as they stared to war with each other. So there is how we give the Cylons the finger :mellow:.
So 137th Gebirg's art is totally correct. Brilliant work,137th Gebirg!

Looking forward to the CGI Lizard Cylon - it will be great.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 23 May 2010 - 02:50 PM, said:

A friend in another forum pointed out there is a scene where Apollo explains to boxy that the Cylon (robots) copied human's bodies as they stared to war with each other. So there is how we give the Cylons the finger :mellow:.
So 137th Gebirg's art is totally correct. Brilliant work,137th Gebirg!

Looking forward to the CGI Lizard Cylon - it will be great.

I think that was one of the 2,000 deleted scenes from "Saga of a Star World" (over 30 minutes of them!). And supposedly (according to the novelization or something I read... somewhere) the three-pilot raiders were based on early Colonial fightercraft (long before the delta wing configuration we all know and love). I could be wrong on that. It was a LONG time ago I read this. :cylonnono:

PS: Give Cylons the finger... ouch! You and that wit of yours; could be a lethal combination if you ever decided to use your powers for evil. :cylonnono: :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

It would have soo much better if TOS had stuck to the Cylons and fleshed them out - even the robot ones, rather than the studio putting the show on the "cheap track" with human villians. *sigh*

Not that we needed to see a "Cylon" version of "Caprica" and how it all when down... but a bit more back story with some flash backs that would be important to the plot at hand and expand the show's canon.

CANCELLED! RATS
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Big Al Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:BSG TOS, R/C Aircraft, Cylon building, Prop Building

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 23 May 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

I think that was one of the 2,000 deleted scenes from "Saga of a Star World" (over 30 minutes of them!). And supposedly (according to the novelization or something I read... somewhere) the three-pilot raiders were based on early Colonial fightercraft (long before the delta wing configuration we all know and love). I could be wrong on that. It was a LONG time ago I read this. :cylonnono:

PS: Give Cylons the finger... ouch! You and that wit of yours; could be a lethal combination if you ever decided to use your powers for evil. :cylonnono: :lol:

That story was told to Boxy By Apollo while they were riding in the Land ram heading to the resort on carolon? Carilon? :cylon-pancarte04: I can't spell today. :taz:
It's A Cylon's World

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

View PostBig Al, on 04 October 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

That story was told to Boxy By Apollo while they were riding in the Land ram heading to the resort on carolon? Carilon? :cylon-pancarte04: I can't spell today. :taz:

Yes, it was. When Boxey asked why the Cylons kill humans. No worries on the spelling. We all get each other's drift around here... :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 04 October 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

Yes, it was. When Boxey asked why the Cylons kill humans. No worries on the spelling. We all get each other's drift around here... :D

Poor OT can't spell. You were just having a bad day. I think those renderings were great on the lizards. I am not sure which arc I LIKE BETTER, the one where the Cylons are merciless lizards and robots trying to dominate the universe or the complex story arc where the cylons are human creations that have grown in intelligence and rebelled against the humans to create a conflict that will result in the ultimate demise for both races.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#19 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 November 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

Poor OT can't spell. You were just having a bad day. I think those renderings were great on the lizards. I am not sure which arc I LIKE BETTER, the one where the Cylons are merciless lizards and robots trying to dominate the universe or the complex story arc where the cylons are human creations that have grown in intelligence and rebelled against the humans to create a conflict that will result in the ultimate demise for both races.

I prefer the latter incarnation (as human creations gone bad). It gives the Cylons motivation (real motivation; not evil for evil's sake) and a profound new insight; they're essentially mankind's child and now they're raging adolescents (complete with sexual drives, religion and a need for rebellion). It's also a bit of a "Frankenstein" story that serves as a cautionary tale for the i-pod/phone, computerized, overly-gadget reliant age we live in now. The Galactica herself is a warning not to let the computers do too much of the thinking/hard work for you.

The old Cylons were very fun and cool when I was a kid (and I still love the evil Speak 'n Spell voices), but new Cylons make more sense, story-wise... :cylon-pancarte03:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 November 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

I prefer the latter incarnation (as human creations gone bad). It gives the Cylons motivation (real motivation; not evil for evil's sake) and a profound new insight; they're essentially mankind's child and now they're raging adolescents (complete with sexual drives, religion and a need for rebellion). It's also a bit of a "Frankenstein" story that serves as a cautionary tale for the i-pod/phone, computerized, overly-gadget reliant age we live in now. The Galactica herself is a warning not to let the computers do too much of the thinking/hard work for you.

The old Cylons were very fun and cool when I was a kid (and I still love the evil Speak 'n Spell voices), but new Cylons make more sense, story-wise... :cylon-pancarte03:

It does indeed have shadows of Frankenstein written all over it...particularly strong in Caprica. I love the idea that humans created the Cylons because now it is everyone's fear come true that machine has turned on its creator. Much like the idea of V'ger looking for its creator or else. Only sad thing about the Cylons is that nowhere does it show their desire to have some sort of equality with their creator nor does it show them trying to ask their creator for forgiveness or anything. It is more like a revenge story. They were spurned by mankind and now they want revenge. At least there is a stronger sense of conflict in the new version than in the classic. The classic had a great notion that the Cylons were so threatened by mankind that if even one survived it would be a threat upon their existence. So wipe them out before mankind gets too strong and destroys the Cylons.
Posted Image

Second to None!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.