GalacticaBBS: Official Collaborators Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode! - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Official Collaborators Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

Chief Tyrol's sense of right and wrong is put to the test when he takes part in a secret tribunal that tries and convicts in absentia humans who collaborated with the Cylons on New Caprica — and then secretly executes them for treason. Only Tyrol has the courage to ask the questions everyone fears: What if the tribunal makes a mistake? What if they put an innocent human being to death?

Airing Friday October 27th 9/8C
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Zipper @ Oct 23 2006, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chief Tyrol's sense of right and wrong is put to the test when he takes part in a secret tribunal that tries and convicts in absentia humans who collaborated with the Cylons on New Caprica — and then secretly executes them for treason. Only Tyrol has the courage to ask the questions everyone fears: What if the tribunal makes a mistake? What if they put an innocent human being to death?

Airing Friday October 27th 9/8C

I suspected as much. In that preview clip "The Circle" doesn't exactly look authorised. Reminds you of "The Star Chamber". We all know what's gonna happen on the Net after THAT airs.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (ColonialMarine @ Oct 23 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suspected as much. In that preview clip "The Circle" doesn't exactly look authorised. Reminds you of "The Star Chamber". We all know what's gonna happen on the Net after THAT airs.

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Adama and Roslin will have to stop this.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Zipper @ Oct 23 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Adama and Roslin will have to stop this.

Peeps will start screaming "It's Gitmo in space!"

And I agree that Adama & Roslin will feel the need to stop it, but I wonder if that'll happen in one episode or not. It's understandable that the Colonials will be out for Cylon blood. And you never know. Remember that Roslin was ready to space* Sharon at one point.

*note the reference to Babylon 5 biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Co-Owner of Galactica.com/GalacticaBBS.com
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

Almost on!
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Founder & Co-Owner
Star Trek Renegades - Associate Producer
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder & Co-Manager
WalterKoenigSite.com - Webmaster of Walter Koenig's Offical Site.
PlanetXpo.com - Event Co-Organizer & Webmaster
StarTrekOfGodsAndMen.com & Renegade-Studios.com - Webmaster

#6 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

The Special Password is Rift

Starting at LDYBII - Fleet Population 49550
Starting at Collaborators - Fleet Population 41435
Total Lost in a year and just over 4 months - 8115

Quite a drop but better then I expected. I was thinking more in the mid to high 30000 range.

Poor Jammer. He really tried to help.

Starbuck needs some real mental help. She is really fraked in the head.

How much weight is a half stone? Lee said he lost a half stone. Wonder what his new job is.

I am glad that Gaeta made it out of that circle business. That was messed up reminded me of StarChamber. Was nice to see Roslin give pardon to all.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

I asked on skiffy. A stone = 14 pounds roughly. So if he's lost 1/2 then roughly 7 lbs, and at the beginning of thepisode they said that this was the 3rd Day of the 2nd Exodus. 7lbs in 3 days is pretty good.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Co-Owner of Galactica.com/GalacticaBBS.com
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

So the 8115 lost we a combined result of cloud 9 exploding (in LDYB2) and then the cylon occupaion and escape later i would imagine.
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Founder & Co-Owner
Star Trek Renegades - Associate Producer
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder & Co-Manager
WalterKoenigSite.com - Webmaster of Walter Koenig's Offical Site.
PlanetXpo.com - Event Co-Organizer & Webmaster
StarTrekOfGodsAndMen.com & Renegade-Studios.com - Webmaster

#9 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Tom @ Oct 27 2006, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the 8115 lost we a combined result of cloud 9 exploding (in LDYB2) and then the cylon occupaion and escape later i would imagine.

That was my take on it. Figure maybe 6K on Cloud 9 and the rest on New Caprica, either dead or left behind.

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   ticktrek Icon

• Captain
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (ColonialMarine @ Oct 27 2006, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I asked on skiffy. A stone = 14 pounds roughly. So if he's lost 1/2 then roughly 7 lbs, and at the beginning of thepisode they said that this was the 3rd Day of the 2nd Exodus. 7lbs in 3 days is pretty good.

It was water weight.

Official Aaron Douglas/Chief Tyrol Fanatic

#11 User is offline   ticktrek Icon

• Captain
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (ColonialMarine @ Oct 23 2006, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peeps will start screaming "It's Gitmo in space!"
Nobody at Club Gitmo has gone out an airlock.

QUOTE (ColonialMarine @ Oct 23 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My "Chief" saved Gaeta's life. I knew he would not let him become space debris.

#12 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

It was nice to see the Chief sit with Gaeta at the end. Kind of wished he was a little more vocal about defending him. Even though he was Baltar's puppet he did provide the death list, the wireless frequency, and a lot more information from the inside.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   ticktrek Icon

• Captain
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Zipper @ Oct 28 2006, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was nice to see the Chief sit with Gaeta at the end. Kind of wished he was a little more vocal about defending him. Even though he was Baltar's puppet he did provide the death list, the wireless frequency, and a lot more information from the inside.

"My Chief" was the only one who dared to sit with him. I know Tyrol had misgivings about the entire tribulal thing and I'm glad that Gaeta finally spoke up to prove to My Chief that his intuition was correct.

#14 User is offline   Christian Icon

• Deckhand

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Zipper @ Oct 28 2006, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Chief will talk, but it'll take time. He knows that people are watching what he does. When they see him sitting with Gaeta and eventually talking to him the others will come around.

#15 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Christian @ Oct 29 2006, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Chief will talk, but it'll take time. He knows that people are watching what he does. When they see him sitting with Gaeta and eventually talking to him the others will come around.

Yeah it was a nice touch. Gaeta was just SO visable alongside with Batlar. But he was doing so much to help the resistance.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   firehawk12 Icon

• Deckhand

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

Did Jammer deserve what he got though?
I'm still not sure where I stand on that.

#17 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

What I don't understand.

Cally and Jammer worked on the flight deck for quite awhile. You'd think she would know his voice when he told her to run. I know she was under tremendous stress but still. If only Chief would have talked to Cally about her escape BEFORE Jammer was spaced.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Christian Icon

• Deckhand

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Zipper @ Oct 29 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I don't understand.

Cally and Jammer worked on the flight deck for quite awhile. You'd think she would know his voice when he told her to run. I know she was under tremendous stress but still. If only Chief would have talked to Cally about her escape BEFORE Jammer was spaced.

I wondered the same thing. I was expecting her to tell her hubby that Jammer saved her.

#19 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

I was actually slightly disappointed with this one. (Don't get me wrong, with Galactica disappointed means it was only really good not mind-blowing.) I was hoping that some of the unity among the humans developed on new caprica would last. That hope was shattered as the first scene is a bunch of murderous thugs killing someone who didn't deserve it. It was very disheartening to see one of the nicest characters (Tyrol) turned into a blood thirsty vigilante. I didn't think Jammer deserved death, he may have fracked up really bad, but they should have just given him a good sentence in the brig. This show almost made me think the cylons were in the right. However I shouldn't bash too much, I did enjoy it and the ending with the sparing of Gaeta and Roslyns amnesty really saved it.

The base star was weird, it looked like a stereotypical flying saucer inside.

#20 User is offline   ticktrek Icon

• Captain
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Oct 29 2006, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually slightly disappointed with this one. (Don't get me wrong, with Galactica disappointed means it was only really good not mind-blowing.) I was hoping that some of the unity among the humans developed on new caprica would last. That hope was shattered as the first scene is a bunch of murderous thugs killing someone who didn't deserve it. It was very disheartening to see one of the nicest characters (Tyrol) turned into a blood thirsty vigilante. I didn't think Jammer deserved death, he may have fracked up really bad, but they should have just given him a good sentence in the brig. This show almost made me think the cylons were in the right. However I shouldn't bash too much, I did enjoy it and the ending with the sparing of Gaeta and Roslyns amnesty really saved it.

The base star was weird, it looked like a stereotypical flying saucer inside.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that BSG is NOT Star Trek. The "good guys" may not be the ones with the high ideals and at times the non-humans are more "human" than the humans. I don't think any character on this show would make it on the Enterprise. Everyone on BSG is faulted, one way or the other.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.