GalacticaBBS: Official Caprica Episode 1x04 Gravedancing Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode! - GalacticaBBS

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Caprica Episode 1x04 Gravedancing Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Official Caprica Episode 1x04 Gravedancing Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

Airs tonight!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:2014 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

First time I get to watch a Caprica episode as it airs :post-83-1091138941: I just hope my preconceived hatred for Patton Oswalt doesn't come into play :)
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

I thought it was great and, I've not even seen it yet!
Tonight my future self will reply with knowledge FROM THE FUTURE! :P
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 February 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

I thought it was great and, I've not even seen it yet!
Tonight my future self will reply with knowledge FROM THE FUTURE! :P

You mean, there's TWO of you??? :cylon-pancarte04: :roflmao:
:P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

Tonight when your future self replies he will be replying with knowledge gained and now in his past so it isn't really telling the future. How did you guys manage the downfall of mankind?
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Windy Icon

• Chief Petty Officer

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 February 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

First time I get to watch a Caprica episode as it airs :post-83-1091138941: I just hope my preconceived hatred for Patton Oswalt doesn't come into play :)

Beers ????? B)
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 February 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

I actually like PO; he's sort of like the middle-aged, geek male spokesman! And who better to play a Caprican parody of Jay Leno?
I first saw him in the documentary "Trekkies" (1999), which also 'starred' a couple of good friends of mine (PO's bits play over the end titles, and are hysterical). Also loved him as the voice of 'Remy' in "Ratatouille" (2007).
And I hear he's quite brilliant in the indie movie "Big Fan" (2009), about a disillusioned fan who is attacked by his sports idol. I really want to check that one out on dvd soon.

I hope his role on Caprica becomes more substantial and better defined (just as a lot of secondary characters on BSG did; look at Gaeta, Dee, Tory, Chief Tyrol, Sam Anders, Cally, etc. Hell, they even gave the late knuckle draggers Jammer and Socinus nice death scenes!). :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 February 2010 - 06:32 PM, said:

Tonight when your future self replies he will be replying with knowledge gained and now in his past so it isn't really telling the future. How did you guys manage the downfall of mankind?

The answer is........ 4
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Where to start? I really enjoyed this episode. G-ma with the tats, the advice that the good things come from your enemies and her viciousness, Sister C's troubled self starting to really get in gear, Daniel's avatar admission, Joesph's conflict...

This episode led somewhere and actually got you there. I didn't quite get that from the first two. Paula Malcomson and Sahsa Roiz were fabulous. 5/5
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

View Postdsgtdave, on 19 February 2010 - 09:59 PM, said:

Where to start? I really enjoyed this episode. G-ma with the tats, the advice that the good things come from your enemies and her viciousness, Sister C's troubled self starting to really get in gear, Daniel's avatar admission, Joesph's conflict...

This episode led somewhere and actually got you there. I didn't quite get that from the first two. Paula Malcomson and Sahsa Roiz were fabulous. 5/5

All of what you just said; seconded! :cylonclap:

Easily the best show on TV right now (for me, anyway). And yes, I thought PM and SR were fantastic; loved her 'damage control' she did on the broadcast. She did the spin doctor's job for her. I thought Zoe's 'dance' with the technician was both creepy and yet a little... charming (I think that was largely due to Alessandra Torressani; her expression about the 'nice chest' remark was priceless!). :cylonclap: Also liked Joseph's 'don't frak with me' bit with Sam, too (Esai Morales makes it look so effortless. He is amazing). The Taruron Grandma really surprised me; she's a REAL "mafia mama"! :blink:

Still think Sister C is a bit overdone (next she'll walk around with a snake and an apple in her hands), but I'm inclined to forgive it if there's payoff down the line (just as I thought head-Six in BSG was a bit overdone in season one of that show, but she became equally vital and multi-dimensional as well; hoping the same for Clarice).

I REALLY hope NBC/Universal/SyFy is serious about their commitment to this show; it is great TV! A worthy prequel. :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

I third that and future me, now past me - "yester me" - :blink: - fourths it... but he was the fist to like it, so that puts us back at three. :unsure:

BUT... due to some *ahem* not me, or future me in the room I missed ONE KEY WORD!!! Cylon-Knight has a plea - SOMEONE PM me whom the Cop said he lost on the train.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 19 February 2010 - 11:43 PM, said:

I third that and future me, now past me - "yester me" - :blink: - fourths it... but he was the fist to like it, so that puts us back at three. :unsure:

BUT... due to some *ahem* not me, or future me in the room I missed ONE KEY WORD!!! Cylon-Knight has a plea - SOMEONE PM me whom the Cop said he lost on the train.

You mean the investigator? he said
Spoiler

Hope that helps! :nBSGsalute: (OT, willing a DVR to your house someday...) :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   Karajorma Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 20 February 2010 - 12:36 AM, said:

You mean the investigator? he said
Spoiler

It's not quite that simple.

Spoiler

Diaspora - Viper Pilots needed!

#14 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

I liked it. An all around excellent episode.

I really liked the talk show scene after Amanda came out. It felt very real and very natural. I completely forgot I was watching a fictional show.

I'm really impressed with Graystones. Going in, I thought they would be more like Clarice--sinister. But I find them very warm and sympathetic. Amanda is really developing a great deal of personality (a relief, since she's the only character that didn't really grab me in the pilot), and I quite like the way she and Daniel interact.

I'm fascinated by the duality of the Adama family. As I said after the last episode, they all seemed to have a very good side and a very dark side. Though it's not really surprising, I'm glad Joseph had a change of heart.

If I had to find something to complain about (and I have to look pretty hard), it's that I still feel the lab tech is a little too goofy. He just doesn't feel believable, and he's not even entertaining. That, and a little more Lacey might have been nice.

#15 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostKarajorma, on 20 February 2010 - 10:42 AM, said:

It's not quite that simple.

Spoiler

Good point! :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 20 February 2010 - 10:55 AM, said:

I liked it. An all around excellent episode.

I really liked the talk show scene after Amanda came out. It felt very real and very natural. I completely forgot I was watching a fictional show.

I'm really impressed with Graystones. Going in, I thought they would be more like Clarice--sinister. But I find them very warm and sympathetic. Amanda is really developing a great deal of personality (a relief, since she's the only character that didn't really grab me in the pilot), and I quite like the way she and Daniel interact.

I'm fascinated by the duality of the Adama family. As I said after the last episode, they all seemed to have a very good side and a very dark side. Though it's not really surprising, I'm glad Joseph had a change of heart.

If I had to find something to complain about (and I have to look pretty hard), it's that I still feel the lab tech is a little too goofy. He just doesn't feel believable, and he's not even entertaining. That, and a little more Lacey might have been nice.

Agreed on the lab tech (almost like he belongs on a silly commercial for chewing gum or something), but I thought the 'dance' scene was very charming (I'm really not sure why, but I found the 'nerd-cybernetic romance' angle sort of cute for some reason). A lot of it had to do with the bemused expressions on Zoe's face, maybe. The best actors are the ones who know how to react, and not just act. :cylonclap:

The Graystones' coda bit was hilarious, too (my wife and I were chuckling throughout). :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

I would have made the seen. were the lab tech goes down on knee to work on the hip joint.just a pinch deferent.could of had zoe looking down like OMG.Posted Image

#18 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

I have this feeling that at some point Daniel is going to go back on his word regarding profits from the holoband. 60% net is a ton of cubits.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Windy Icon

• Chief Petty Officer

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

I liked "Gravedancing"...but, I wanted more....

more what you ask....I dunno.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Philoman and Zoe dancing was kinda fruity but I did like the song they were grinding to. At least we know the BSG theme was mainstream music at some point!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.