GalacticaBBS: What galaxy are the Twelve Colonies in? - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What galaxy are the Twelve Colonies in? I'm not sure if this is in the right subject or not.

#21 User is online   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 08 February 2010 - 07:13 PM, said:

You think they diddled with some sort of NASA?... even during a long sustained war with the Cylons prior to the fall? Maybe, during the time of Caprica they did so it was all old info... I could see that.

Before the war, I'd bet each colony had a separate space fleet; only becoming a more or less unified one during the war (the better to pool resources). And I imagine that during the war, the colonial space telescopes (assuming the colonials had them; as I'm sure they must've) were probably rededicated as long-range enemy observation posts, just as luxury liners were converted (temporarily) into hospital ships during the first and second world wars. Don't you think?
:cylonanime01:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 User is offline   Kmprīrak Icon

• Junior Lieutenant
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Computer, Graphic design

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

The secure FTL jump distance is about 12 light years. In "33" they did about 250 jumps, so alone in this episode they jumped about 3,000 ly.

I think the colonies are in our galaxy, but about 6,000 ly away or so. Not too far away, but very.

And 6,000 would be a good number. :cylon-pancarte03:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.