GalacticaBBS: Easily led. - GalacticaBBS

Page 1 of 1

Easily led. This topic does not merit a description.

#1 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

I hate introduction threads. But the forum description told me to introduce myself, and I'm easily led...

...I'm James. After avoiding nuBSG I was subjected to it last year. Which was both good because I liked it and bad because it summed up every creative idea I've had in the past fives years... someone else beat me to it.

I've been compared in looks to James Callis, the guy from the Majik Numbers, Ron Moore and Johnny Depp. I look like none of those people and more like a hairy potato. My personality has been compared to Charlie Brooker, Kevin Nash and Larry David. I'm not sure whether to be upset at or not.

I don't really do any one thing in particular. I just do stuff. Sometimes that involves talking about things, sometimes writing about things, something wearing funny clothes and sometimes I get bored and post on forums as sometimes, well regularly, I'm lazy and take nothing seriously.

So hello, and all that.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#2 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

Welcome, and all that! :P
Post often and enjoy the site.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

Welcome aboard and have fun!
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 30 January 2010 - 07:50 AM, said:

I hate introduction threads. But the forum description told me to introduce myself, and I'm easily led...

...I'm James. After avoiding nuBSG I was subjected to it last year. Which was both good because I liked it and bad because it summed up every creative idea I've had in the past fives years... someone else beat me to it.

I've been compared in looks to James Callis, the guy from the Majik Numbers, Ron Moore and Johnny Depp. I look like none of those people and more like a hairy potato. My personality has been compared to Charlie Brooker, Kevin Nash and Larry David. I'm not sure whether to be upset at or not.

I don't really do any one thing in particular. I just do stuff. Sometimes that involves talking about things, sometimes writing about things, something wearing funny clothes and sometimes I get bored and post on forums as sometimes, well regularly, I'm lazy and take nothing seriously.

So hello, and all that.

Hey, I know this joker! :cylonclap: Welcome aboard. Post often and prosper! As for the Larry David comparison? I'd be flattered; he is funny as hell (he is my 60 yr old inner id). :cylonclap:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Welcome aboard!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Zoe Icon

• Callsign: Eos
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing, Science, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Arts (Graphic, Poetic, Literary, Dance) Martial Arts & Philosophy

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 30 January 2010 - 07:50 AM, said:

Hi, James...
Pleased to ...erm...Meet you!
Actually, I'm quite lazy myself and occasionally post on forums and annoy the felgercarb out of folks. I also have been compared in looks to Johnny Depp but only by very drunk people. I take everything seriously, much to my detriment and about the personality ting you mentioned, I'd go ahead and be upset. I, too, wear funny clothes...but am pleased to report having gotten over my Leoban Hawaain shirt phase. I never avoided New BSG, but I did avoid Space 1999. I love Dr. Who, and feel only he is entitled to use plastic monsters. I find I have many many friends in the UK and Europe and I like it like that.
So hello, and all that.

Posted Image

Never Give Up Your Dreams...

LOVE, Lynn

#7 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:20 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 30 January 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

Hey, I know this joker! :cylonclap: Welcome aboard. Post often and prosper! As for the Larry David comparison? I'd be flattered; he is funny as hell (he is my 60 yr old inner id). :cylonclap:

I see a few familier faces ;) Some know the obvious Baltarist name, some might recognise my not so imaginative jamestyler username used elsewhere.

I'm sure a few of the Larry David comments I've had were thrown at me as an insult. I'm more like his irritable side than his funny genius ;)
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#8 User is offline   Ravenshayde Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Lost, Heroes Battlestar Galactica, Deep Space Nine (courtesy of my boyfriend making me watching it :p), Sci-Fi Conventions, Wrestling, Music (mainly rocky stuff), Tattoos, Piercings, Drinking Beer hehehe!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

Can't I go anywhere these days without you following me??!! :roflmao:
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 31 January 2010 - 07:20 AM, said:

I see a few familier faces ;) Some know the obvious Baltarist name, some might recognise my not so imaginative jamestyler username used elsewhere.

I'm sure a few of the Larry David comments I've had were thrown at me as an insult. I'm more like his irritable side than his funny genius ;)

His irritability IS his funny genius! :lol: LD is a comedy god (the real beating heart behind "Seinfeld" IMO).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Welcome aboard! Cylon screening is to your right, holoband rentals are five cubits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.