• 102 Pages +
  • Last »

How's the weather out there???

#1 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Well, the reason I started this topic is because California is having it's worst rainfall I've seen (in the many odd years I've lived here) in a long time (probably since 1998's El Nino). For the sixth straight day, it is coming down like cats and dogs outside! On the beach, where my in-laws live, they've had tornado warnings!! This is perverse! My sister (who lives in the snowy, icy midwest) emails ME to make sure I'M okay (usually, it's the other way around). It's supposed to stop this weekend, and then resume this Tuesday!

Anyway, it doesn't bother me too much (I'm genetically bred for cold climates; the benefits of being 'non-native'), but for Californians (who are used to living in the land of bland, dull weather), it is pretty weird. Even now, at 6 in the morning (as I write this) it's coming down in buckets outside!

So, I ask; how's the weather out there (where YOU are)?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   dsgtdave Icon

• Admiral
  • View gallery
  • Interests:2013 - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

mid 40's partly cloudy, partly sunny
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

34.4 °F
Overcast

Last few days MUCH MUCH MUCH FOG
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

We've been going through an extended patch of mild weather. It's been hovering around the freezing mark for what feels like forever. What little snow we had is almost completely melted. It's sunny today, but it's been dark and gloomy most days recently.

I don't care for this at all. This is January. It's supposed to be sunny, snowy, and bitterly cold.

#5 User is offline   sean Icon

• Callsign - Shadow
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:space.and the conquest of this world.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

beautifully sunny all day.and just recently. we've had cold whether that we haven't had in a long time.bbeerrrrrrrrr.........

#6 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Whoever said that California is always sunny has never lived in California. It's raining and it's good for the state!
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#7 User is offline   Tinman Icon

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:Sci-Fi Ships & Fighters, Firefighting, Model Building, Combat Flight Sims

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

View PostAphrodite, on 22 January 2010 - 06:42 PM, said:

Whoever said that California is always sunny has never lived in California. It's raining and it's good for the state!

Maybe the mudslides will put out the fires. :argh:

Well anyway, in Arkansas, mid 40's here now but rain is moving in. After that lows are suposed to drop into the 20's.

<S>!
TINMAN
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Mudslides...meh.

This is also the time of year when the central valley can get tornados, too.

Right now in Yosemite, the park is closed because of all the snow on the roads. They can't clear it fast enough and it's snowing hard there.
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#9 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

Extended patch of cold weather here in Finland, anywhere from between -23 C (-9 F) and -2 C (28 F). More snow too than we've had for years and years, and I much prefer that to our standard freeze-thaw-freeze cycle where you barely dare to venture out without a bucket of grit.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

We had a few more snowflakes last night! BUT it was just a tiny dusting... thank goodness! No more white stuff PLEASE :)
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Rowskid86 Icon

• Major
  • Interests:Trek, BSG, Firefly, NCIS, SGA,
    Staying in best possible shape
    Russia/Ukraine and The Zone
    Metal/Rock/Raï/Soundtracks and a general mixture of a lot of things.
    Middle Eastern Food (Seriously that stuff is awesome)
    Command & Conquer

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

It's crappy out. Gotta love Michigan weather It'll snow like crazy for several weeks, then you'll have spring like weather, the snow and below 0 temps.
Only place where you may have all 4 seasons in one day
"Listen, you may feel like hell. But, sometimes, lost is where you need to be. Just because you don't know your direction doesn't mean you don't have one." Slick

#12 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

We had a sunny weekend in California (after the last six days of constant rainfall). It's overcast right now and we are expecting MORE rain tomorrow and Wednesday.
Back to you in the studio, Ted!
:cylonanime01:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

It occurs to me, OT, that you're really showing your Canadian roots with this thread. If there's one thing we Canadians love (aside from hockey), it's talking about the weather. The most Canadian phrase one can speak is, "Cold out, eh?" :P

Anyway, the weather's still terrible here. Warm, rainy, and gloomy. I'm starting to forget what sun looks like.

#14 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 26 January 2010 - 11:07 AM, said:

It occurs to me, OT, that you're really showing your Canadian roots with this thread. If there's one thing we Canadians love (aside from hockey), it's talking about the weather. The most Canadian phrase one can speak is, "Cold out, eh?" :P

Anyway, the weather's still terrible here. Warm, rainy, and gloomy. I'm starting to forget what sun looks like.

Ooops! My roots are showing?? :o Better get another bottle of peroxide! "Hang ten, Dude!" There, that's better! Ha ha ha... :roflmao:

After many years of living out here in California, you almost forget that the rest of the world still HAS weather (most boring job in California? Being a local weather forecaster)! It's how my sister (who lives in the midwest now) and I start off most of our emails ("How's the weather?"). And if I'm really tired, I still catch myself saying 'eh' sometimes. And there are still some people who think I say my 'out' sound differently. Gaius Baltar syndrome (only I'm NOT ashamed).
It's hardwired, I fear. :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

The sun has come out today! First time in weeks.
(NOTE: lack of any regional accent; i.e. Midwest..... "dude" :P)
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 26 January 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

The sun has come out today! First time in weeks.
(NOTE: lack of any regional accent; i.e. Midwest..... "dude" :P)

Oh, you midwesterners do too have an accent, don't cha know? :cylonnono: You betcha! :thumbsup: Actually, I kid; that's more northern midwestern (ala Minnesota, North Dakota area). I'm not sure if Kansas City has an accent; I have a friend of mine who's the 'accent expert'. I can't even hear mine (she claims I still have one, but I don't hear it). I just say I'm from Caprica! :P

Well, it was sunny this morning... not so much anymore. :doh: Clouds rolling in; more rain coming. Time to invest in galoshes and rubber rafts! :unsure:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Heehee... no we don't here. The you betcha is more north. Ask your friend, CENTRAL is just "blah" accent wise.

Up next on the weather here: BITTER COLD! *joy* <NOT!
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostCylon-Knight, on 26 January 2010 - 08:31 PM, said:

Heehee... no we don't here. The you betcha is more north. Ask your friend, CENTRAL is just "blah" accent wise.

Up next on the weather here: BITTER COLD! *joy* <NOT!

Raining NON-STOP since my last post... I think southern California was somehow teleported into the same space currently occupied by Seattle. Hey look! The Space Needle is right outside my back window!
:w00t:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:32 AM

Sunny, -20 C (about -5 F). 1000 kilometers north of here it's a bit less cold, but with near-hurricane force winds, the windchill factor is something else!
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

After many years of living out here in California, you almost forget that the rest of the world still HAS weather (most boring job in California? Being a local weather forecaster)! It's how my sister (who lives in the midwest now) and I start off most of our emails ("How's the weather?"). And if I'm really tired, I still catch myself saying 'eh' sometimes. And there are still some people who think I say my 'out' sound differently. Gaius Baltar syndrome (only I'm NOT ashamed).
It's hardwired, I fear. :cylonnono:

I don't know how that stereotype got started. I've never met anyone who actually pronounces it "a-boot." We say it the same as Americans do.

Sunny, -20 C (about -5 F). 1000 kilometers north of here it's a bit less cold, but with near-hurricane force winds, the windchill factor is something else!

I want weather like that. :(

Share this topic:

• 102 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.