GalacticaBBS: Troy - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Troy Is all growed up BOXEY!

#21 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, Coy and Vance *SHIVER*

Hey, what do you all think of my “so crazy it just might work” idea of Noah Hathaway playing Tom Zarek's Grandpa in Caprica? He could be the "rebel" of society that starts a "Zarek tradition."
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (obsolete toaster @ Apr 15 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I can't imagine Kent McCord playing Tom Zarek in the new series, either! tongue.gif

Whatever one feels about TOS, Richard Hatch gave a very memorable performance (as did the rest of the cast, IMO). He was warm, intelligent and sincere; and the interaction with himself and Adama really felt like family. Not to mention that he and Dirk Benedict were TV's answer to "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."
Even now, the characters really come to life when you watch it. That chemistry came right out of the box (other shows take years to develop that level of interaction; I'm looking at YOU, Star Trek: The Next Generation! Hee hee). cylonclap.gif

Sad to say, I've never really seen Kent McCord give a performance where he didn't seem wooden or unnatural (I could see him playing a government official VERY well! hee hee...). Even in "Adam 12" and "Farscape." He and Barry van Dyke (who IMO gave a much better performance in his role than KMC did in his) felt like the second string Apollo and Starbuck. Right down to the hair color. blink.gif A similar thing was done on "The Dukes of Hazzard" when that show's two male leads left (and someone here mentioned it once on another thread).

I actually loved Kent in Adam 12 and Farscape. Just my opinion. Kent was no more wooden then Arnold Shwarzenegger.

Posted Image

Second to None!

#23 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Cylon-Knight @ Apr 15 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Coy and Vance *SHIVER*

Hey, what do you all think of my “so crazy it just might work” idea of Noah Hathaway playing Tom Zarek's Grandpa in Caprica? He could be the "rebel" of society that starts a "Zarek tradition."

Interesting, but why Noah Hathaway?
Posted Image

Second to None!

#24 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Noah Hathaway was Boxey to Richard Hatch's Apollo in Classic BSG.

So in the new BSG/Caprica... Noah could be the older character to Hatch's younger character. Actually Noah playing Zarek's dad would be better than Grandpa, since Noah is a young guy anyway - too young to play a Grandpa.

Just thought it would be a cool classic twist in the new shows tongue.gif
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Interesting about Noah Hathaway, but he's only about 37 or so; way too young to be Zarek's grandpa; but he could EASILY be Zarek Sr (Tom would be a toddler terrorist about then)! That might be cool. And in TOS, Noah Hathaway's real-life dad played one of the "Proteus Prison" enforcers on the penal asteroid in "The Long Patrol." Doing a rather ahem, unusual Aries/Irish accent! cylonnono.gif

As Marlon Brando says in "Superman: The Movie"; "The son becomes the father and the father the ... son." superman.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.