Page 1 of 1

7 Caprica clips now online

#1 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Co-Owner of Galactica.com/GalacticaBBS.com
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Just an FYI, I put 7 clips from the upcoming Caprica pilot on the video player in the Caprica section.
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Founder & Co-Owner
Star Trek Renegades - Associate Producer
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder & Co-Manager
WalterKoenigSite.com - Webmaster of Walter Koenig's Offical Site.
PlanetXpo.com - Event Co-Organizer & Webmaster
StarTrekOfGodsAndMen.com & Renegade-Studios.com - Webmaster

#2 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Tom @ Apr 2 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an FYI, I put 7 clips from the upcoming Caprica pilot on the video player in the Caprica section.

Thanks again, Tom. I just saw those on YouTube recently. Glad we got them here now. Looks like they are sticking pretty close to the script we had (and that I greedily read drool.gif )online a while back. That script was dynamite (and that ending was absolutely killer)!! cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• THE ONE TRUE CYLON MOD!
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

One of those should be the one with the extended "eye-gizmo" shot I was wondering about in the Caprica Tech thread. I forget which one right now... somewhere near the middle to end of the 7.
"All base ships are now in range to attack the colonies."
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

Cool!

I didn't watch all of them (I'm trying to come into the pilot fairly fresh), but it looks interesting. I'm struck by how different from BSG it is. It really does feel like a whole new beast.

Did anyone else notice the red sensors on the tennis court? Nice little nod to the future there.

#5 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Apr 2 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool!

I didn't watch all of them (I'm trying to come into the pilot fairly fresh), but it looks interesting. I'm struck by how different from BSG it is. It really does feel like a whole new beast.

Did anyone else notice the red sensors on the tennis court? Nice little nod to the future there.

I also like the 'domestic robot' at the high-tech tennis court, too. I could see that robot being reality here in a couple of years, or less. Kind of spooky, the parallels. cylonnono.gif

And I, too, am glad they are doing a stylistic 180 from BSG. cylonclap.gif If they tried for a gritty, grainy, low-tech, hand-held cam approach it would be mere imitation; not an expansion. I figured that pre-Cylon War 1 Caprica would be a techno-geek paradise. These were people with the resources of 12 planets; not to mention faster-than-light travel. Post CW1, their society had already gone low-tech to fight the Cylons. cylonweapons.gif boxing.gif nav.gif

The culture we saw in the BSG pilot miniseries looked like a mid-point between these two extremes (rather like ours today; minus the superior spaceflight capabilities). cylonanime01.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Working on my own classic Cylon costume (see personal photo). Interested in costuming, props, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider, Star Trek... most SciFi.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yes, I think Caprica will be the ultimate peak of human society - tech, luxuries, art, everything will be at the height of achievement - however the coin has to have two sides and the not so good and the bad will stir up some deep drama!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

Clip 3 is the one with the "eye gizmo."
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

Eye gizmo??
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#9 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Aphrodite @ Apr 6 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eye gizmo??

The Daniel Greystone-patented 'holoband'; a virtual reality-internet access device (the Colonial equivalent of the internet, anyway). It's what Zoe appears to be wearing in one of the clips. Like 'eye-buds.'

I for one, hate electronic crap that sticks inside my ears or over my eyes (er, I mean, eye!) cylonnono.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   Cylon-Knight Icon

• View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

That's what I said! Eye Gizmo tongue.gif
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.