GalacticaBBS: Official "No Exit" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode! - GalacticaBBS

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

Official "No Exit" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:18 AM

Official "No Exit" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

Comming up on Friday. Can't fraken wait.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ColonialMarine Icon

• Callsign Grunt
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:05 AM

So Say We All.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

The clip of Sam saying he 'remembers everything' best not be the last scene before the fadeout! doh.gif With only six episodes left (we're almost down to the "final five"; ha ha), they won't be teasing us anymore, I hope! cylon-pancarte04.gif To quote Pierce Brosnan's James Bond, "No more foreplay." cylonnono.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

I'm really looking forward to it. Should be a good one. And Sarah Connor Chronicles is on two hours beforehand, so it should be a good night. biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   roydh Icon

• Callsign - Purple Haze
  • Interests:scifi ,ccotuming, history,music

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

great episode left me wanting more

#6 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

Oh holy crap, that was good! Only regret; too much information flying too fast and loose. My 64K brain shorted out and had to reboot a few times (apparently so did Sam's; but his had a bullet, mine is just old and worn out...like Galactica)! Damn good episode. cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Oh my fracking god! That was awesome! Now we know there are 13! And the 7 is Daniel. I'm assuming that Sam is referring to number 7 being a copy of Daniel Greystone. This is the first mention of something remotely connecting Caprica to the current show. Interesting that Sam was able to remember all of that...I'm wondering what happens now that he's currently brain dead. And Sharon helping Ellen escape...I wasn't sure that Sharon had it in her to be...how shall I put it, human??

As for Toaster rebooting a few times, very funny Red-Eye. I think you need to replace that Commodore 64 brain of yours and get a newer model.
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#8 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

I think now we just saw a teaser for the episode "The Plan" just like the episode "Pegasus" was a teaser for "Razor". Holy Frak that was a good episode.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   eliteone Icon

• Backup Admin - GalacticaBBS.com Callsign Empress
  • View blog
  • Group: Galactica.com Staff

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:12 AM

I liked it. It was good to see Boomer do the right thing.
Posted Image
My Secret World Cabal Site
Posted Image
You can also visit me @ This site

#10 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (eliteone @ Feb 14 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it. It was good to see Boomer do the right thing.

I'm glad she finally did the right thing as well. I wasn't sure for a while, especially when she kissed Cavil. (crap, I forgot which episode)
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#11 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

As for the identity of the "8th" Cylon, Daniel? I'm quite sure it is NOT Starbuck (too obvious and unsatisfying; they'll leave her true nature ambiguous, IMO). My guess is that the Cylons took the name from their Colonial 're-discoverer' Daniel Greystone (as Aph suggested above), but I think it may turn out to be (a.) Zac Adama is my first choice (imdb did say he is in the last three episodes); it would give the Zac plot a weird kind of 'closure' or (b.) That 'Daniel' boy from "Dirty Hands"; first, he was an architect, and he was forced to work on the tylium ship; now he is mamed. Would be interesting, if doubtful. My money is on Zac Adama! Hope it's not Gaius; that'd be boring and obvious, just like if it were Starbuck (could she be Danielle? Hope not; she's far more interesting as the messed-up Kara Thrace, IMO). cylonnono.gif And thank the Gods for DVR technology, because I am going to have to watch (and re-watch) this episode to glean all the information that flew in my face! wacko.gif But all in all, a fantastic episode. I didn't even mind the fact that Ellen and Sam were reduced to little more than exposition/information booths (the actors were both great anyway), because we as fans really NEEDED this information! Normally, I despise characters whose sole function is to spout exposition left and right, but when the answers are this satisfying? Who cares! Great stuff!! cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   Spartanz1170v2 Icon

• Callsign - Darkbright

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hmm Lee almost being president, Cavil's problem with life, Boomer's redemption... jeez is all too much!

#13 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Fantastic episode. I really want to know what Starbuck is... And I hope Anders comes back.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

Whoa! My head is spinning with all the new information. In a good way.

I'm really glad that--so far, at least--Ellen seems to be more interesting as a Cylon. I found her incredibly irritating in her past incarnation. I also loved the interplay between her and Cavil (or John). (I wonder if all the models originally had names?)

I could easily be wrong here, but I don't think Daniel is anyone familiar, at least from BSG. If we see him, it would probably be in a flashback.

I'm kinda confused about why Boomer saved Ellen. I thought she was beyond redemption.

I wonder if they're gonna resurrect Sam.

I thought his prediction about "the miracle of the angels" was interesting. Both Starbuck and Head Six have been described as angels, and we still have no explanations as to their natures.

So the centurions started the religion. I'm confused, though. Was it the Earth centurions or the Colonial centurions?

We still don't know what happened to Earth.

#15 User is offline   roydh Icon

• Callsign - Purple Haze
  • Interests:scifi ,ccotuming, history,music

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

is alot to take in all at once its only going to get better

#16 User is offline   Doc Sportscar Icon

• Callsign - Skids

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

Lot to take in at once, I agree, but I think it's a good thing. Normally I'm not a fan of "infodumps", but let's face it- with six episodes left they needed to clear some things up in a hurry. Otherwise, we'd either be left hanging at the end of the series (not good!!!), or the last few episodes would have to be full of infodumps rather than wrapping up plot (not good!- though with fewer exclamation points).

And as for the above post... adama-pancarte001.gif

#17 User is offline   Talkie Toaster Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, beer and shooting

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

An other good one cylonclap.gif A lot of new information about the Cylons and how the skin job models came about. cylonclap.gif Good to see Boomer get her conscience come back. adama-pancarte001.gif As for Cavel, what a nasty piece of work cylonnono.gif can't wait 'till he gets what's coming to him cylonweapons.gif I do hope Sam makes it, just when Starbuck realises how much she cares for him
Wonderful performances by Dean Stockwell, Michael Trucco, Katee Sackhoff and Kate Vernon cylonclap.gif
Would anyone like any toast?

#18 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

A friend of mine had a great theory; what if 'Daniel' was/is Starbuck's dad?? Makes sense; being half-Cylon, maybe Starbuck downloaded somehow into a new body. It also means that Starbuck is the ORIGINAL hybrid; WOW! And that her dad (a piano player...still an artist, as Daniel is described) could be alive. Or at least one prototype somewhere (since Cavil ruined the first batch; creep!). For some reason, I'm OK with her being half-hybrid (a lot more intriguing) than just another skinjob; that'd be dull. Anyway, it would answer a LOT of nagging bits.... cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   BSG81 Icon

• Callsign - Burnout

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Feb 14 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa! My head is spinning with all the new information. In a good way.

I wonder if they're gonna resurrect Sam.

I thought his prediction about "the miracle of the angels" was interesting. Both Starbuck and Head Six have been described as angels, and we still have no explanations as to their natures.

So the centurions started the religion. I'm confused, though. Was it the Earth centurions or the Colonial centurions?

We still don't know what happened to Earth.

I didn't take Sam to be brain dead at the end, just in a coma. But if he is beyond repair, I can't imagine how they could because the Resurrection Hub was destroyed a year earlier. As far as his comment to Saul, I think he's refering to the upcoming episode where the cylons start to conspire to jump away from the Humans to start over...I personally don't think they will.

As far as Starbuck and a Six being refered to as angels,...I don't recall that if someone could refresh my memory a bit. I know Starbuck has been called the harbinger of death, which leaves me a bit apprehensive about a possible happy ending that includes her.

I took the start of the religion to come from the Earth centurions which was why the final five set out to the 12 colonies to try and help stop the cycle of violence.

And Earth...yea a bit lost too..Sam was talking really fast and I gather they were racing to re-invent resurrection but not sure if that was entirly to help the colonies' cylons or because they knew a holocaust was coming for Earth. Which leads me to, WHO nuked Earth? IF it was said then I totally missed it.

And lastly...HI EVERYBODY...I've been gone a long time..

#20 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Okay, I have to add something...

I must give kudos to the guys behind the camera. My goodness, they shot Kate Vernon perfectly, just showing enough but not too much. I'm not bi, but for someone her age, she looks good.
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.