GalacticaBBS: Official "Blood on the Scales" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode! - GalacticaBBS

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »

Official "Blood on the Scales" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

#1 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Official "Blood on the Scales" Comment Thread, Running Comments and opinions about the episode!

Airs tonight!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Can't wait! I just hope it's as good as the last one.

#3 User is offline   DecepticonSpike Icon

• Callsign Vamp

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Zarek had the council of 12 assinated. Who didn't see coming?

Is anyone else glad that Zarek and Gaeta are dead?
"President Willard Deacon" Defender Chiron

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   roydh Icon

• Callsign - Purple Haze
  • Interests:scifi ,ccotuming, history,music

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

that was awsome...... they got what they deserved

#5 User is offline   DecepticonSpike Icon

• Callsign Vamp

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

That they did!
"President Willard Deacon" Defender Chiron

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   NX014Ever Icon

• Ensign

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (DecepticonSpike @ Feb 6 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or was it the council of 11 without Lee? And yes, I am glad that they are dead. I will miss Zarek. Wonderful character (wonderfully evil).
Posted ImagePosted Image
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor.

#7 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

Oh holy crap. Regarding Gaeta? I was wrong (I predicted a very different outcome for him altogether; but the little creep had it coming). He and Zarek became a two-for-one deal (Give 'lead poisoning' to one and then the other one at twice the price)! hug.gif Honeymoon's over, you frakking traitors. cylonnono.gif I will miss Zarek, though; loved his shiftiness and good/bad ambiguity (tonight he pretty much went to the dark side). One thing right off the bat; Great frakking job to all involved!!! Can't wait for Ellen's return. And poor Galactica; but I kind of figured it wouldn't last to the end of the show (it IS over 50 yrs old and has seen a LITTLE action here and there). Normally, I just use a spoiler warning, but this episode is SOOO good, I needed code; any clue of it utterly ruins it until you can see it. Again; fantastic job RDM and company!!! cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   eliteone Icon

• Backup Admin - GalacticaBBS.com Callsign Empress
  • View blog
  • Group: Galactica.com Staff

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:14 AM

Makes you wonder though how many of the main characters will be alive when we get to the final episode??

I have to say..............wow.....................didn't expect that outcome.
Posted Image
My Secret World Cabal Site
Posted Image
You can also visit me @ This site

#9 User is offline   Talkie Toaster Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, beer and shooting

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

Bloody hell! that was a good one jawdrop.gif Romo Lampkin = pure class, pen pal lol. I'm going to miss Zarec
Would anyone like any toast?

#10 User is offline   Aphrodite Icon

• Callsign - Aphrodite - Global Moderator
  • View blog
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:Star Wars, BG, Babylon 5, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Torchwood

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

I'm going to have to watch both of them again...and cry over the loss of my favorite character...

At least he still lives on in the original..LOL
Posted Image
Siggy by p0is0n0us
SenGaeriel's Twitter

#11 User is offline   Spartanz1170v2 Icon

• Callsign - Darkbright

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

Best episode.... it just beated Exodus part II

I think Gaeta had a sad fate, and i could see he was full of regret, he got used by Zarek and both had to pay he ultimate price....

#12 User is offline   skeeter11766 Icon

• Callsign - Cast Iron

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Now THAT was a good episode. Arguably the best of the series. Which is a good thing since a couple of weeks ago they left a big steamer laying on the carpet.

I'm glad Gaeta and Zarek got the opportunity to play "catch the bullet" with a firing squad. Also glad Gaeta's stump finally stopped bothering him. clap.gif

Maybe we'll get to see Gaeta again...or at least his severed head on a pike outside the CIC. Best way I can think of for Adama to remind everyone "Don't frak with me." nono.gif

And what was Tyrol looking at in the engine room? I assume it was some sort of damage or corrosion. It's kind of odd that it hadn't been noticed before. Aren't there at least a few engineers running around keeping those massive engines running? Especially that close to such a major system like the FTL.

And speaking of Tyrol I'm wondering if Adama will promote him back to chief now?
-=<Skeeter>=-

"I am Homer of Borg. You will be assim...mmmmm doughnuts!"

#13 User is offline   roydh Icon

• Callsign - Purple Haze
  • Interests:scifi ,ccotuming, history,music

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

was thinking this last night have his head on the wall outside the cc as for tyrol i would make him a master chief

#14 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

Great episode, although I was sad to see Gaeta go quite so soon. A few eps in the brig would've done wonders!

I wonder if Anders will make it... Tyrol is definitely one of the good guys, I don't care that he's a cylon. That Tori bitch though is a completely different case altogether. She was all for abandoning the fleet and the rest of the five...

Amazing, Kelly's developing a conscience!

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

I give this episode a Final Five out of five. cylonclap.gif cylonclap.gif cylonclap.gif cylonclap.gif cylonclap.gif Fracking awesome! This probably isn't the best episode to date, but it's definitely in the top five.

This is one of things I truly love about BSG. When things really get bad, the characters really remind us why we love them. This episode allowed us to see the true colors of all the characters, and while some have proven themselves beyond redemption, others have shown just how good they can be.

Roslin was awesome in this episode! Probably one of her best performances.

Gaeta and Zarek got their reckoning. They earned their fate.

Romo had a good performance. I think I might even forgive him for "Sine Qua Non."

Even Baltar was likable in this episode.

My nerdiness is quite pleased that we finally got a look at the FTL drive.

This was just an all around awesome episode. What else can I say?

Tyrol is definitely one of the good guys, I don't care that he's a cylon. That Tori bitch though is a completely different case altogether. She was all for abandoning the fleet and the rest of the five...

So say we all.

#16 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

Ok on another note ( I can go on and be all "I LOVEDD ITT" but youll know that ) did anyone else drown in drool after seeing that Six on the basestar who was with balar? OMFG
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

And on a geeky, techno-nerdy note, we FINALLY got to see the Galactica's (or ANY battlestar's) BIG frakking engines, too! cylonclap.gif Look like horizontal versions of old steamer ship-style reciprocator rods. Or a giant flywheel assembly. But unlike the glowing, 'magic' engines of Star Trek, these were REAL, functional-looking machines (albeit CGI rendered; but well done). (****SPOILER AHEAD***) Too bad the old G herself is in such disrepair; that giant stress fracture in the housing was rather disheartening sad.gif . All those years in space (50+ by my count) and the last 4 taking quite a pounding (and not a dry dock or shipyard in sight). My toaster heart weeps for my fellow machine! cylonanime01.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (DecepticonSpike @ Feb 7 2009, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but I will miss Tom Zarek; he was an intriguing, marvelously ambiguous character. Loved him at times, hated him at others. Richard Hatch turned in a terrific performance! cylonclap.gif The latter was a marionette who attempted to grow a pair and turn into some half-baked Napoleon. cylonnono.gif But Alessandro Juliani also turned in a brilliant performance over the years. And it's a tribute to the actors (both of them) that their performances push all of our buttons so expertly. But, like you, I think I clapped a bit when Adama gave the "Aim...Fire" order! cylonclap.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   NX014Ever Icon

• Ensign

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (obsolete toaster @ Feb 7 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but I will miss Tom Zarek; he was an intriguing, marvelously ambiguous character. Loved him at times, hated him at others. Richard Hatch turned in a terrific performance! cylonclap.gif The latter was a marionette who attempted to grow a pair and turn into some half-baked Napoleon. cylonnono.gif But Alessandro Juliani also turned in a brilliant performance over the years. And it's a tribute to the actors (both of them) that their performances push all of our buttons so expertly. But, like you, I think I clapped a bit when Adama gave the "Aim...Fire" order! cylonclap.gif

Couldn't have said it any better myself OT. you are one observant toaster! tongue.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor.

#20 User is offline   Zipper Icon

• Co-Owner of Galatica.com/Galacticabbs.com - Callsign Tomcat
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

I have embedded the hulu video to the episode guide here.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.