• « First
  • Last »

Last Movie Or TV Show You Watched Thread

#5441 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Mrs T and I just saw "Mirror, Mirror" this morning; charming, cute movie, it was. Sort of a campy, tongue-in-cheek, Terry Gilliam-esque take on the "Snow White" story.
Admittedly, it's probably not everyone's cup o' tea, but we really enjoyed it. The Seven Dwarves just steal the show; this is the most memorable incarnation of them I've ever seen as well. They were each much more distinct and individualistic in this version. And poor Julia Roberts; she's probably thinking "Twenty years ago, I would've been Snow White!!" :P

Posted ImagePosted Image

Not a GREAT movie, but a cute little movie; I'd put on in the same shelf as "Princess Bride", "Time Bandits", etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5442 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Group: Global Moderators
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Midsomer Murders
Posted Image

#5443 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

"Mythbusters", followed by a SUPER awesome episode of "Mad Men." :disco:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5444 User is online   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I brought back a load of 70's and 80's English comedies. Been watching the Goodies, Steptoe and Son, Grace & Favour, Dear Ladies.

Also watched the new Tintin movie. I thought it was very good :)

#5445 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I need to give TinTin another chance; Mrs T got a screener copy (she's a member of the Animation Academy) and we tried to get through it, but for some reason the force wasn't with us that night, and we got kind of bored with it (it seemed like just pretty eye candy at the time). But I'm pretty sure it was us that night and not the movie.... :P

Just watched two National Geographic specials on the RMS Titanic. One with James Cameron and a bunch of Titanic experts; pretty interesting, and VERY Titanic-'geeky' (possibly off-putting to non-Titanic buffs, but since I AM a Titanic-buff? I loved it :thumbsup: ) and then we watched another one with Dr. Robert Ballard (the Woods Hole oceanographer who co-discovered the wreckage on a joint US/French expedition in 1985).

A great night of TV for Titanic-lore geeks! :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5446 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

We watched the second ep of Once Upon A Time. It's intriguing, but clearly a slow burner. There's a few interesting characters in the mix. Mainly Rumpelstiltskin/Mr Gold. He's had so few scenes, but already there's an emphasis on the darkness of the character and the game he's playing in the new world.

I tried to watch NCIS last night but boredom happened, then Mass Effect.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#5447 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

The HUNGER GAMES

Excellent movie!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5448 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 10 April 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

The HUNGER GAMES

Excellent movie!

Posted Image

Thought you'd like it.
Mrs T and I really liked that one.

Last thing I watched? Well, in this case, we WILL watch (in a few moments) some episodes of "Logan's Run" the complete series. Just bought it today and haven't seen it in years. Should be hilarious '70s funny cheese! Just like my purchase of $6 Million Man a few weeks ago... :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5449 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 April 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Thought you'd like it.
Mrs T and I really liked that one.

Last thing I watched? Well, in this case, we WILL watch (in a few moments) some episodes of "Logan's Run" the complete series. Just bought it today and haven't seen it in years. Should be hilarious '70s funny cheese! Just like my purchase of $6 Million Man a few weeks ago... :thumbup:

Welcome to CHEESELAND! SAY CHEESE! LOL HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. TRY NOT TO LAUGH TOO HARD.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5450 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 10 April 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

Welcome to CHEESELAND! SAY CHEESE! LOL HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. TRY NOT TO LAUGH TOO HARD.

We watched two Logan's Run episodes--er, correction; I watched two. Mrs T bailed and went to the other room after about 3/4 of the first one!
But yes, they are funny and wonderfully cheesy. If I could endure the $6 Million Dollar Man? I can handle this... :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5451 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 April 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

We watched two Logan's Run episodes--er, correction; I watched two. Mrs T bailed and went to the other room after about 3/4 of the first one!
But yes, they are funny and wonderfully cheesy. If I could endure the $6 Million Dollar Man? I can handle this... :lol:

You must admit, that cheesy films and shows do well. We seem to endure them despite our morbid predilection for darkness we love a good ol fashion cheesy movie. It's fluff! But it is good Fluff! I don't think you will suffer too much...in case you do, throw on some BSG and twilight zone and you will be right as rain...er...I mean you will be your old morbid self!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#5452 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

The Undateables. A show about people with disabilities or who are disfigured looking for love. Which sounds like freak show TV but it was somewhat nice to watch to show that not all people in the world are shallow.

That was followed by the Ricky Gervais show - not one of the best episodes, but Karl continues to amuse with his observations and I hadn't seen it for a while os it was enjoyable to catch up on it. Then Big Bang Theory reruns, which was nice to watch as the reruns were from the shows prime.
Posted Image

#5453 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 11 April 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

You must admit, that cheesy films and shows do well. We seem to endure them despite our morbid predilection for darkness we love a good ol fashion cheesy movie. It's fluff! But it is good Fluff! I don't think you will suffer too much...in case you do, throw on some BSG and twilight zone and you will be right as rain...er...I mean you will be your old morbid self!

:P

To cleanse my pallet, so to speak? :lol:

The Undateables. A show about people with disabilities or who are disfigured looking for love. Which sounds like freak show TV but it was somewhat nice to watch to show that not all people in the world are shallow.

That was followed by the Ricky Gervais show - not one of the best episodes, but Karl continues to amuse with his observations and I hadn't seen it for a while os it was enjoyable to catch up on it. Then Big Bang Theory reruns, which was nice to watch as the reruns were from the shows prime.

From the sound of "The Undefeatables", it sounds like an exploitation show (in the US, it certainly would be). Nice to know it isn't. :)

As for BBT? Those first three years were terrific. Now, it's just nice. Which is not bad (and I still love it), but they're doing a lot of stunt-casting these days (Leonard Nimoy, Stephen Hawking, etc) to prop it up. It's like the show lacks some of the confidence it had early on. The cast is, as always, still in top form.

More Amy Fowler would be nice, though... :thumbup:

As for me? I watched some "Night Gallery" as a 'bedtime story'... no wonder I have nightmares sometimes. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5454 User is offline   maneth Icon

• Global Moderator - Callsign Tiger
  • Interests:BSG, Stargate SG-1, SGA and SGU, Farscape, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Crusade, Andromeda, Firefly, Doctor Who...

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Miami Vice.
Posted Image

#5455 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 11 April 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

From the sound of "The Undefeatables", it sounds like an exploitation show (in the US, it certainly would be). Nice to know it isn't. :)

There are probably exec's out there who are aiming for the freak show market, but I've been fortunate enough to chat with a couple of the directors/producers involved (I'll be working with one crew this weekend) who are just happy to be able to show people in a positive, 'normal' light. The god thing is that the directors ideal shines through nicely.

View Postobsolete toaster, on 11 April 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

As for BBT? Those first three years were terrific. Now, it's just nice. Which is not bad (and I still love it), but they're doing a lot of stunt-casting these days (Leonard Nimoy, Stephen Hawking, etc) to prop it up. It's like the show lacks some of the confidence it had early on. The cast is, as always, still in top form.

I think it's just that their core concept is now finished with. Leonard and Penny were the key to the show, with two weird friends and an antagonist. Now the antagonist has become the focus and Penny/Leonard has done all it can. And they're not sure where else to go outwith the one liners.
Posted Image

#5456 User is online   p0is0n0us Icon

• Custom Graphics Designer
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Photoshop, Photography, Gaming, Cooking, Scifi, Reading, Movies.....all the usual stuff.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Watching season 1 again of BSG. It's amazing what I missed first time around. Also funny to se Gaeta called Gita in the mini series.

#5457 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

View Postp0is0n0us, on 13 April 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Watching season 1 again of BSG. It's amazing what I missed first time around. Also funny to se Gaeta called Gita in the mini series.

They also say 'my god' a lot (instead of the plural 'gods'; which was used from "33" on).

I got Mrs T to watch the James Cameron National Geographic "The Final Word" (regarding Titanic's sinking); had it saved on the DVR hard drive.
She was as engrossed as I was. We're both Titanic nerds... :hug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5458 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

SGU and SG1 :) (Evolution part 1 and 2 ... yeh the one where they put a dude in armour in an MRI scanner ... Im not even gonna say anything..)
Posted Image

#5459 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Mrs T and I settled in to watch one of our favorites last night; the 1970 movie "Boys in the Band".
At the time (and IMO today) it was THE most groundbreaking movie on gay life ever made. Based on the thoroughly excellent play by Mart Crowley (it's almost a perfect 1:1 adaptation of the play). The story is about a group of gay male friends (you know; the kind of friends we all have that we both love and loathe in equal measure) living in NYC who are throwing a birthday party for one of their own, when the party is crashed by a straight college chum of the group's 'alpha', Michael. The dialogue ranges from side-splittingly hilarious to extreme pathos to just plain human. While some of the issues may seem a bit dated (this was pre-AIDS, pre-Stonewall, pre-gay marriage, etc), the essential truth of the characters rings as accurate today as it did when it was first released in 1970.

Seriously, straight or gay? If you like a great movie with some of the wittiest, most cutting dialogue you're likely to hear in your lifetime? Check this one out. Directed by William Friedkin ("The Exorcist" "French Connection").
This one is a five out of five clapping toasters: :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5460 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Mrs T and I watched "Titanic" on DVD tonight (in honor of the 100th anniversary of the sinking). Both of us teared up a bit :crybaby: (this was a movie that hit us hard when we were dating).
And it's still a VERY powerful movie.... we love it.
Another five clapping toasters out of five! :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap: :cylonclap:

Posted Image

It didn't make almost $2 billion by accident.... :cylonnono:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 508 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.