• Last »

What made you angry today?

#2181 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Me, beer and Grace Park.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

It's quite a shame as the ME3 romances are wonderfully done.
Posted Image
James St James | Serious stuff. Sexy spandex.

#2182 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 10 April 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

It's quite a shame as the ME3 romances are wonderfully done.

At least EA is sticking to it's guns (so to speak). It is ludicrous that people are worried that their little darlings will be exposed to homosexuality when they're not at all concerned that they're playing violent, age-inappropriate games to begin with! Seriously, a big, fat "WTF?!?" is in order here, I believe...

I did find this quote from the article kind of amusing, though:

The Family Research Council, led by Tony Perkins, is also involved. "In a new Star Wars game, the biggest threat to the empire may be homosexual activists!" said Perkins.

The leader of the 'Family Research Council' is named "Tony Perkins", as in Anthony Perkins, the closeted gay actor who later (sadly) died of AIDS in 1992. Not to mention an actor famous for playing a dress-wearing, knife-wielding "Psycho."

Posted Image << Leader of the "Family Research Council"..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2183 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

mY stupid phone is not working properly! I get a message from work that they need me to come in today but I don't get the message until 4 hours after the fact. So, I phoned in anyways, and they said everything was covered. So, I am resuming with my holiday.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2184 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 April 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

At least EA is sticking to it's guns (so to speak). It is ludicrous that people are worried that their little darlings will be exposed to homosexuality when they're not at all concerned that they're playing violent, age-inappropriate games to begin with! Seriously, a big, fat "WTF?!?" is in order here, I believe...

That's a whole other rant that drives me batpoop crazy!

Mass Effect e is rated 'M' in the US and 15 in the UK. Other games on the same level (or higher at 18 here) are still played by kids as young as seven either because parents don't care, or don't know better. When the kids come home from school and talk about their friends playing Gears of War, Assassins Creed and other such games I have to wonder what the hell their parents are thinking buying their kids, not only games WELL above their age rating, but very expensive consoles.

At what point did parents think it'd be a good idea to get their kids heavy games consoles and iPhones? It's complete insanity.

View Postobsolete toaster, on 10 April 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

The leader of the 'Family Research Council' is named "Tony Perkins", as in Anthony Perkins, the closeted gay actor who later (sadly) died of AIDS in 1992. Not to mention an actor famous for playing a dress-wearing, knife-wielding "Psycho."

Posted Image << Leader of the "Family Research Council"..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

...time to watch their backs in the showers ;)
Posted Image

#2185 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 09 April 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Homophobia taken to the virtual/gaming level... OK, now I think I really HAVE seen everything. :wacko:

Have you ever met any gamers? The only place you can find a bigger nest of homophobes is a Republican party convention.

#2186 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 12 April 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Have you ever met any gamers? The only place you can find a bigger nest of homophobes is a Republican party convention.

I'll stick to Wii bowling and Scrabble then. ;)

Youtube is full of them (peruse the comments if you dare).
I also find a lot of those kinds of folks on Yahoo news and msnbc.com. Most of them are just harmless trolls mainly (typing dirty, foul s**t because mom's not watching over their shoulder in the basement), but some of what they say makes me REALLY afraid for the human race... :fear:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2187 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

So now my WoW guild had a big blow up over some stupid spat. Everyone in my life just seems to be conspiring to piss me off lately. <_<

#2188 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postensign edwards, on 14 April 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

So now my WoW guild had a big blow up over some stupid spat. Everyone in my life just seems to be conspiring to piss me off lately. <_<

I have days like that; where it feels I'm just better off not communicating with people for a day or two. :doh:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2189 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I'm having a month like that.

#2190 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Client payments being declined! Doh! All that commission down the drain!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2191 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 17 April 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Client payments being declined! Doh! All that commission down the drain!

This calls for another Darth Vader sized "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2192 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Bah! I recieved a call from a number I didn't know. It happens almost every day - I get so many spam calls that I just stop answering numbers I don't know. Especially as the spammers use mobile masks a lot of the time.

Turns out it was a delivery driver who was faced with a bad address label. And he was moments from my house. I called the number back an hour later... and he was too far away to come back :(
Posted Image

#2193 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postobsolete toaster, on 18 April 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

This calls for another Darth Vader sized "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

NNOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You don't know the power of the dark side!

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 18 April 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Bah! I recieved a call from a number I didn't know. It happens almost every day - I get so many spam calls that I just stop answering numbers I don't know. Especially as the spammers use mobile masks a lot of the time.

Turns out it was a delivery driver who was faced with a bad address label. And he was moments from my house. I called the number back an hour later... and he was too far away to come back :(

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. I hate spam calls...get them all the time. Then when I get a legitimate call, I practically ignore it. Almost didn't answer a call from my son because of all these spam calls.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2194 User is offline   I Voted Baltar Icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostCaptain Taurus, on 19 April 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. I hate spam calls...get them all the time. Then when I get a legitimate call, I practically ignore it. Almost didn't answer a call from my son because of all these spam calls.

It's terrible how much these calls are on the rise! Our house phone spends most of it's life unplugged and when it comes to my mobile/cell.. I only answer if the number is in the phone book.

I've also got in the habit of saving all the spam numbers under a blacklist so I know for sure who to ignore!
Posted Image

#2195 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

time goes SO slow when you're waiting ...
and Im not even at the airport yet!
Posted Image

#2196 User is offline   Nanouk Icon

• Callsign - Ocean
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Wants to get married to Michelle Forbes

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

THIS PERSON!!!

'Because I like these pictures of AT but would rather she were wearing a shirt; I added one. That just looks classier IMHO.'

Posted Image

WTF is WRONG with you

Posted Image

THIS is VERY classy ... and HAWT!
Posted Image

#2197 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostI Voted Baltar, on 19 April 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

It's terrible how much these calls are on the rise! Our house phone spends most of it's life unplugged and when it comes to my mobile/cell.. I only answer if the number is in the phone book.

I've also got in the habit of saving all the spam numbers under a blacklist so I know for sure who to ignore!

Exactly, you almost have to be closer to the spammers than to your own friends and family if you want to keep your sanity. Doh!
Yes, it is almost tragic when you spend most of your time ignoring calls versus answering them with a certain sense of freedom and confidence.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#2198 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostNanouk, on 19 April 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

THIS PERSON!!!

'Because I like these pictures of AT but would rather she were wearing a shirt; I added one. That just looks classier IMHO.'

Posted Image

WTF is WRONG with you

Posted Image

THIS is VERY classy ... and HAWT!

SHAME on you... putting a shirt over those jippy buckets. :cylonnono:

Bad hyper-puppy. BAD! (OT rolls up newspaper and swats Nan on the nose....). BAD! :cylonnono: :P :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2199 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

I prefer a classy look on women, but this person clearly hates fun, puppies, rainbows, and everything else good in this world.

On a related note, we really need a better term than "jippy buckets." It sounds like something farmers spit into in a bar in Arkansas.

#2200 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postensign edwards, on 21 April 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

I prefer a classy look on women, but this person clearly hates fun, puppies, rainbows, and everything else good in this world.

On a related note, we really need a better term than "jippy buckets." It sounds like something farmers spit into in a bar in Arkansas.

But jippy buckets is such a uniquely Nan-ish sounding term. With the Dutch-sound 'j' it's also quite hilarious.... :lol:

Guess sunsets and nice walks would be included in your list of hatreds as well? :doh: :P

EE: I think one of those 'E's might stand for Ebenezer.... :P :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

• 149 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.