GalacticaBBS: Bear McCreary - Wander my friends - GalacticaBBS

• 2 Pages +

Bear McCreary - Wander my friends

#21 User is offline   jacki Icon

• Callsign - Joyride
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:BSG, Physics, Airplanes and Fanfic.

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, me too. I would jump at the chance to get to learn Irish gaelic, the language they use in the song.

-1974 to 2006

#22 User is offline   Emarbe Icon

• Callsign - Emarbe

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (DecepticonSpike @ Nov 29 2007, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Favorite BSG song, or favorite song of all time?

BSG song <3 its amazing

#23 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket
  • Interests:All thinks sfi, rugby union,military history,good films

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

at last found a copies of season 1 and 3 in the shops in the uk great stuff

sig by p0is0n0us

#24 User is offline   Conn_Man Icon

• Callsign - Snaproll

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:18 AM

Gods, I love "Wander My Friends!" I will agree that the singer has some difficulty staying in tune, but that's almost part of the charm of it.

This should not be taken lightly coming from me, as I have difficulty standing anything even remotely out of tune. I have a live recording of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture that begins with a choral arrangement of the opening hymn that I think is a great way of doing it, and would be incredibly beautiful, if this particular chorus didn't have pitch problems. So while this is probably my favorite arrangement of the piece that I own, it is my least favorite recording because the beginning is so hard to listen to...

Getting back to "Wander My Friends," however, there is something about the quality of the guy's voice that makes me just not care about any problems of pitch, especially because they're relatively minor problems to begin with. The song itself is just plain uplifting, whether or not you actually know the lyrics themselves. If I'm feeling like things are closing in on me and I should just give up on everything, all I need to do is listen to "Wander My Friends" and I'll feel much more confident.

Not to mention it's the theme for two of my favorite characters, Apollo and the Old Man, and their relationship, so that makes it even better... also, it first accompanies one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite episodes (and we finally see Apollo loosen up a bit... nBSGsmile.gif )

adama-pancarte001.gif
I was born in a cockpit with the stick in my hands...

#25 User is offline   jacki Icon

• Callsign - Joyride
  • Interests:BSG, Physics, Airplanes and Fanfic.

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Conn_Man @ Dec 3 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gods, I love "Wander My Friends!" I will agree that the singer has some difficulty staying in tune, but that's almost part of the charm of it.

This should not be taken lightly coming from me, as I have difficulty standing anything even remotely out of tune. I have a live recording of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture that begins with a choral arrangement of the opening hymn that I think is a great way of doing it, and would be incredibly beautiful, if this particular chorus didn't have pitch problems. So while this is probably my favorite arrangement of the piece that I own, it is my least favorite recording because the beginning is so hard to listen to...

Getting back to "Wander My Friends," however, there is something about the quality of the guy's voice that makes me just not care about any problems of pitch, especially because they're relatively minor problems to begin with. The song itself is just plain uplifting, whether or not you actually know the lyrics themselves. If I'm feeling like things are closing in on me and I should just give up on everything, all I need to do is listen to "Wander My Friends" and I'll feel much more confident.

Not to mention it's the theme for two of my favorite characters, Apollo and the Old Man, and their relationship, so that makes it even better... also, it first accompanies one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite episodes (and we finally see Apollo loosen up a bit... nBSGsmile.gif )

adama-pancarte001.gif

That is exactly my opinion. thumbup.gif
adama-pancarte001.gif

-1974 to 2006

#26 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

got to get them now to know what your all talking about.

#27 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:14 PM

found season three soundtrack atlast now for the other ones

sig by p0is0n0us

#28 User is offline   Spartanz1170v2 Icon

• Callsign - Darkbright

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

The best song is Roslin and Adama PERIOD nBSGsalute.gif

#29 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

nice one nBSGsalute.gif

sig by p0is0n0us

#30 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (cloudCAs @ Dec 19 2007, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
found season three soundtrack atlast now for the other ones

Where did you find it bro?

#31 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:32 PM

HMV LOL

sig by p0is0n0us

#32 User is offline   Flashback Icon

• Recruit

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Conn_Man @ Dec 3 2007, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you referring to the recording of the Russian choir, conducted by von Karajan?

Well, anyway, great song, and I too think it's great every time it's played... I just listened to it again, and, actually, it's not off tone. True, the singer kinda 'slides' to his notes, but the notes themselves are good. As for the 'sliding' to the notes, I think it's a way to mimick the folk kind of singing style.

Anyway, love this one! Bear McCreary is wonderful!
So say we all!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.