• Group: Owners
  • Interests:Battlestar Galactica

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

Discuss the Episode Scar here.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

the downward spiral of starbuck, shows some class in the end though, calling out the names of the lost pilots.

#3 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket
  • Interests:All thinks sfi, rugby union,military history,good films

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

now that scene did bring a lump to my throat

sig by p0is0n0us

#4 User is offline   AdamasTheDaddy Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:Reading, writing, and talking!<br />Music: Amy Winehouse, Jethro Tull, Vangelis, classical, folk, jazz, R&amp;B, in fact anything except Elvis &amp; country &amp; western<br /><br />NuBSG &amp; Star Trek<br /><br />The Arts in general.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

I'm hoping Starbuck pulls out of that downward spiral (no spoilers please! wink.gif ). I loved that scrap, but in the end neither woman was in the wrong. They were both right about each other.

#5 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Cylon symapthizer, Callsign - Archer
  • Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

This is not a spoiler, though I do know the answer, but I wouldn't expect the spiral to end. It's BSG, the show's motto should be "That's right, it just gets worse." tongue.gif

Of course, maybe this was an exception... [/Being mysterious]

#6 User is offline   AdamasTheDaddy Icon

• Deckhand
  • Interests:Reading, writing, and talking!<br />Music: Amy Winehouse, Jethro Tull, Vangelis, classical, folk, jazz, R&amp;B, in fact anything except Elvis &amp; country &amp; western<br /><br />NuBSG &amp; Star Trek<br /><br />The Arts in general.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:14 AM

^^^When I wasn't quick enough to avert my eyes I saw a spoiler about a pregnancy ~ but please don't confirm or deny that!! wink.gif

I actually like the way in which Viper pilots are being shown as cracking under the pressure. It's closer to real life that those Starfleet dudes anyway! wink.gif

#7 User is offline   airbornewarrior Icon

• Callsign - Spectre
  • Interests:U.S Football, Formula 1, sci fi, military history, good books. I jump out of planes for fun.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

adama-pancarte001.gif

#8 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

It was a great episode. It added a completely different dimension to the Cylon raiders. Although it sort of contradicts what the skin jobs said about the Cylon centurians and raiders, that they are not sentient. Yet, Scar seemed to be very angry. It was a very cool personification of the raiders, that they some how feel. Scar seemed also to be angry about existing as well as being damaged. Just my opinion.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#9 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

• Interests:Sci-fi, fantasy, writing, reading, archery, nature, Canadian indie music (now there's an obscure taste for you), the Warcraft and Starcraft universes.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

They may not be sentient per se, but they said that they had a kind of animal intelligence. Scar was a beaten dog out for revenge.

#10 User is offline   cloudCAs Icon

• Callsign - Bucket
  • Interests:All thinks sfi, rugby union,military history,good films

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

agree very complex

sig by p0is0n0us

#11 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog
  • Interests:Advertising and Marketing, nightlife, reading, writing, designing, art, socializing with hot babes, sports, working out, and spending time with my family.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Jan 7 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They may not be sentient per se, but they said that they had a kind of animal intelligence. Scar was a beaten dog out for revenge.

Yes, Scar certainly seemed like a caged animal wanting revenge. It would be neat if they bring him back for another round. Like the Cylons said, They get download everytime they die. So death becomes a learning experience. Reincarnation from hell!

ranting.gif
Posted Image

Second to None!

#12 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

You know, an early version of my final Battlestar Perseus story would have had an origin for Scar. I was thinking they'd find a raider resurrection ship and they'd keep killing raiders that would just keep coming back, hence why Scar was so mad.

I was gonna have a viper crash into him and leave his trademark gash.

#13 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Jan 10 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, an early version of my final Battlestar Perseus story would have had an origin for Scar. I was thinking they'd find a raider resurrection ship and they'd keep killing raiders that would just keep coming back, hence why Scar was so mad.

I was gonna have a viper crash into him and leave his trademark gash.

Sounds like a cool premise. I think scar added a completely different twist on the complexity of the problem of fighting the Cylons. It's like any mistake you make becomes a learning experience and therefore it is without consequence because if you die you just get to come back and avoid making the same error. Although one thing that I didn't understand is why only send out two vipers to take out two cylon raiders? Why not commit an entire squadron and wipe them out. Scar wouldn't be able to take on that many vipers! Food for thought.

P.S. Can you please tell me how you get those multi quotes? Thanks!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#14 User is offline   ensign edwards Icon

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

They sent two because they were spread so thin in protecting the mining ship. There was no other option.

#15 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (ensign edwards @ Jan 13 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They sent two because they were spread so thin in protecting the mining ship. There was no other option.

Oh, that's right! Good job!
Posted Image

Second to None!

#16 User is offline   papa smurf Icon

• Callsign - Papa Smurf

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

This episode had all the charactoristics of a WWII movie. The Mysterious German Fighter Pilot in his ME-109, terroizing the allies. The allies, unable to stop him.
The rookie allied pilot trying to make a name for herself and the seasoned veteran on a path to destruction. What more could anyone want ?

#17 User is offline   MaGnUs Icon

• Callsign - Tesla

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

Amen, Papa Smurf.

#18 User is offline   obsolete toaster Icon

• Callsign Red-Eye
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (papa smurf @ Feb 25 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This episode had all the charactoristics of a WWII movie. The Mysterious German Fighter Pilot in his ME-109, terroizing the allies. The allies, unable to stop him.
The rookie allied pilot trying to make a name for herself and the seasoned veteran on a path to destruction. What more could anyone want ?

I just rewatched this episode about a week or so ago, and I was struck by it. It's the Red Baron in space, as you said, Papa Smurf. And last weekend I had the rare privilege of meeting Luciana Carro ("Kat" herself) and she seemed a little upset that as she claimed, the editing of that episode (along with the removal of several key bits) made her character out to be the 'bad guy' (her words). cylonnono.gif

I assured her that to this viewer, that was not the case (and I was NOT saying this to butter her up; it was still fresh in my mind and my wife and I both came to the same conclusion). Nothing Kat did (save for slugging Starbuck and smart-mouthing a superior) was really 'wrong'; in that episode, Kat is really doing what a 'sober' Starbuck should have been doing. Kat being the opportunist was taking advantage of the situation (for a promotion, perhaps; but I really think her concern was with her fellow pilots). Carro agreed with this and shook my hand (I think she though I was trying to make her feel better over that point, but I was being sincere on that). cylonclap.gif

But Kat WAS right; Starbuck was wrong (she was having an off week). Simple as that. cylonnono.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 User is offline   Captain Taurus Icon

• Callsign - Bull
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Starbuck was wrong on a couple of points but she was right that no one pilot should engage this fighter alone. Everytime someone did, they died.
I felt that Kat was right for the wrong reasons though. Yes, she was doing what Starbuck should have done but there was a rivalry there that cannot be disputed. I think she was also bucking for a promotion and Starbuck was in her way.

Between Kat and Starbuck they were able to defeat Scar. Too bad we never saw a remergence of Scar. That would have been deadly.
Posted Image

Second to None!

#20 User is offline   Karajorma Icon

• Master Chief Petty Officer

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Scar can't come back. The Cylons lost their resurrection ship and changed their tactics because of this. So when he died there was no where to download to.

As for his origins, personally I suspect that Scar was the same Raider that Starbuck shot down and lobotomised on the red moon. He probably picked up his tricks directly as a result of being flown by Starbuck.
Diaspora - Viper Pilots needed!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

- Battlestar Galactica, Caprica and Blood & Chrome are registered trademarks of Universal Studios. Copyright ©2006 - 2012. All Rights Reserved -
- Galactica.com, GalacticaBBS.com and its subsidiary sites are in no way affiliated with Universal Studios or The SyFy Channel -
- The SyFy Channel & Syfy.com are owned and operated by NBC/Universal Television.-
Website and forum designed by Thomas Moore. Site and content created and owned by Thomas Moore and Zipper.